Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

On 10/19/2020 at 5:53 PM, satyanash said:

Franklin would be a horrible hire. He's expensive, his offense doesn't fit the Big 12 at all, his Gameday management skills make Andy Reid look like a savant

BUMP. Penn State outgained Indiana 450-150 in total yardage tonight, and lost because of awful game management by Franklin - including the Penn State RB running into the endzone for a TD instead of taking a knee to win the game! PSU also had 100 yards' worth of penalties and three turnovers!

image.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

BUMP. Penn State outgained Indiana 450-150 in total yardage tonight, and lost because of awful game management by Franklin - including the Penn State RB running into the endzone for a TD instead of taking a knee to win the game! PSU also had 100 yards' worth of penalties and three turnovers!

image.png

Didn't the commentators say Franklin wanted the RB to take a knee? Seems kinda odd to pin that on Franklin when it looked like the RB didn't actually intend on crossing the goal line, he just wasn't paying attention and did it anyways

Edited by ChampionshipLevelPiss

If he were capable of winning out, then we wouldn't all be clamoring for his dismissal. Baylor is terrible. TCU is terrible. Tech is terrible. OU is terrible. He went 2-2 against those scrubs and it should have been 1-3. To paraphrase our future savior, you ain't sprinkling some fairy dust on this and fixing it. Losing to Baylor today would have moved up the timeline but let's get one thing straight: It's a matter of when and not if we are free of this coach. Again, the sooner it happens the better, but it's going to happen. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:
Screw each and every one of you fucking pussies. We're winning out and Herman will be back next year.

He beat Baylor by 11. Baylor. By 11. And you think he'll beat OSU?

At least we didn't lose.

Edited by TrashMaster G

1 hour ago, Mikey4 said:
1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:
Screw each and every one of you fucking pussies. We're winning out and Herman will be back next year.

I mean- we should be better than OSU. We are more talented. I really like Our OC. But Herman is a boat anchor that will make us lose. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- we should be better than OSU. We are more talented. I really like Our OC. But Herman is a boat anchor that will make us lose. 

OSU is going to be playing on eggshells - all they have to do is win out, and they are in the playoffs. OU and Texas have fucked up and left the barn door wide open for them.  Granted, OU could have 0 wins, and would still make life hell for them.

But a team coached by a Mensa genius should take advantage of a team like OSU that's probably going to be playing pretty cautious.

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Hopefully this kills the Sonny Dykes talk.

I don't want either of them. Cincy wasn't much better despite what the score would tell you. 

They are both good coaches and coach good teams but that doesn't mean they would kill it at Texas.

Should we like our OC? Is Tommie meddling?

The first play today. Greg Davis reincarnated. But we did show a different look. That is Greg Davis genius. Run a different look but still poorly timed and for something we don't do well. The reverse/end around on 3rd and 2 late.

The late play call to Brewer to end the game. Very nice but maybe better is a more crucial situation.

Wiley is a bit Jeremy Shockeyish/Soldieresque. He's our most elite pass catching weapon. But not used enough.

Anybody else notice Bijan in the pass game late versus OU? Anybody notice him in the pass game since?

Personnel choices. WRs were moved in and out all game. Not real sure how you develop consistency that way. And as a QB, you absolutely believe in some guys more than others. That same QB shouldn't have look to see who is in every other play.

Brewer has a place/use in this offense. I'm not sure defenses are matching person groupings. We sure as heck don't when our defense is on the field. I don't think Baylor did much. Wiley is our TE in the pass game since D Thomas. And he's probably better down the field. Wiley stays on the field and you do some game planning around. Brewer has less duty but still used as a pass catcher on play action. But never ever split out in 4/5 wide. EVar.

So who is inbred? Herman or Yurcich or both.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

The first play today. Greg Davis reincarnated. But we did show a different look. That is Greg Davis genius. Run a different look but still poorly timed and for something we don't do well. The reverse/end around on 3rd and 2 late.

The late play call to Brewer to end the game. Very nice but maybe better is a more crucial situation.

Wiley is a bit Jeremy Shockeyish/Soldieresque. He's our most elite pass catching weapon. But not used enough.

Anybody else notice Bijan in the pass game late versus OU? Anybody notice him in the pass game since?

Personnel choices. WRs were moved in and out all game. Not real sure how you develop consistency that way. And as a QB, you absolutely believe in some guys more than others. That same QB shouldn't have look to see who is in every other play.

Brewer has a place/use in this offense. I'm not sure defenses are matching person groupings. We sure as heck don't when our defense is on the field. I don't think Baylor did much. Wiley is our TE in the pass game since D Thomas. And he's probably better down the field. Wiley stays on the field and you do some game planning around. Brewer has less duty but still used as a pass catcher on play action. But never ever split out in 4/5 wide. EVar.

Based upon prior stops o think Herman is meddling/putting hand cuffs on him. I could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Based upon prior stops o think Herman is meddling/putting hand cuffs on him. I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, TexasEx said:

No. No more G5. No more up and comers. Texas needs to drop its gargantuan nuts on the big noon kick off set desk and get UM here NOW to get this shit running right.  What we have seen this season, and what we saw today, was an embarrassment. Forget the rest of this season. Make a real play for the next 5-10 years of Texas Goddamn Football and bring in UM. 

This guy gets it. 

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:
3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If Brewer wants to get into the end zone, we win by 18, but do give the ball back. 

Still.... Fuck Herman. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas