Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Anwar said Cristobal seems to be the backup to CUM

Normally I fact check posts about OB info with a friend's login (they get misquoted a lot on here) but Anwar hasn't posted anything since the game and there's no way in hell I'm listening to 75 minutes of Anwar and Ketch breaking down the loss to see if he mentions it there

Cristobal is my #2 though. Everyone loves a tier list: 

2021 HC tier list
S: Urban
A: Cristobal
B: Campbell, Fickell
C: Napier, Harsin, Malzahn
D: Fleck, Franklin, Tom

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

He would have a GREAT oline and he knows how to cheat his ass off...get a good OC and DC and he can be successful IMO

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If Cristobal was the hire he would have to bring in top Coordinators. Muschamp at DC level coordinators. 

I wouldn’t mind him raiding Saban’s staff. 

Cristobal’s offensive schemes have been abysmal at Oregon, and his defense in his third year just gave up 35 and 41 to UCLA and Oregon State in back to back weeks.

People who’ve been ranting about all of the coaching stupidity of Herman and Orlando the last 4 years are going to go postal with Cristobal. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

You fucking idiots seriously think Cristobal is the choice? The dude that just lost to an unranked instate rival? The dude that cheats his ass off? The dude that owes all of his success to a stud qb that looks BETTER in the nfl? It’s like y’all want Charlie strong who cheats more but was less successful.

This

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Normally I fact check posts about OB info with a friend's login (they get misquoted a lot on here) but Anwar hasn't posted anything since the game and there's no way in hell I'm listening to 75 minutes of Anwar and Ketch breaking down the loss to see if he mentions it there

Cristobal is my #2 though. Everyone loves a tier list: 

2021 HC tier list
S: Urban
A: Cristobal
B: Campbell, Fickell
😄 Napier, Harsin, Malzahn
😧 Fleck, Franklin, Tom

What has cristobal done to separate himself from a Campbell or more specifically Fickell

• Like 1

Burton's best connection was to Mack... literally could call him and Mack would pick up type of relationship.  There's no way he has that kind of visibility into the program anymore.  I'm sure he knows some BMD's and lots of players being around the program for so long, but with the churn at the AD, it's unlikely he has anywhere near sources he used to. Most of his best connections are long gone.  The AD doesn't leak nearly as much as it used to. 

14 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Burton's best connection was to Mack... literally could call him and Mack would pick up type of relationship.  There's no way he has that kind of visibility into the program anymore.  I'm sure he knows some BMD's and lots of players being around the program for so long, but with the churn at the AD, it's unlikely he has anywhere near sources he used to. Most of his best connections are long gone.  The AD doesn't leak nearly as much as it used to. 

So your saying we should buy into Futureman now?

What folks miss in the eleven years we've sucked is that we haven't had a real AD doing the hiring until now.
Dodds, for all the great money things he did, lucked into the Mack hiring and hired shitty before him, and was ready to retire.
Patterson... bitch please.
Then we had an interim AD while the inmates ran the asylum, making a hire without any real knowledge or search.
CDC is the first time we've had a real AD in a long time. Let's see what he can do.

I largely agree with you but he had Barnes and Garrido. Barnes for all his flaws fielded some of the best teams we’ve ever had and well Augie, yeah GOAT no question.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I largely agree with you but he had Barnes and Garrido. Barnes for all his flaws fielded some of the best teams we’ve ever had and well Augie, yeah GOAT no question.

I would add Penders to that as well.  Basketball was terrible before him.  Not to mention all the swim and volleyball coaches.  We were also pretty damn good in women's basketball under his watch.  It did take two shots to get football right but he was correct to get rid of Akers.  Those last few teams were really bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Can’t imagine that Tom Herman’s literal mouth piece is that connected in any way. I would bet money that IT is going to be the ones to break the firing and the hiring FWIW. With Burton and new ownership plus new subs from 247 they are for sure going to want to be the ones to break all this and really try to monopolize the 995er beat. Also Burton is probably the most connected on the Texas side of things

I'm not a very big fan of Anwar but calling him Tom's mouthpiece is regarded. 

47 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Herman is done. Next?

better sources than fancyboots who is admittedly a Herrman supporter and admitted to being shitcanned last night. 

Just to clarify, you did mean someone was “shitcanned” which means fired... or did you mean shitfaced (drunk)? 

Was Boots drunk or Herman fired? 

Sorry for mansplaining manquestioning.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Just to clarify, you did mean someone was “shitcanned” which means fired... or did you mean shitfaced (drunk)? 

Was Boots drunk or Herman fired? 

Sorry for mansplaining manquestioning.

He is gone. Uhaul might be something other to look into than planes. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

I know it can’t be anything to do with age, so you had $32 billion on the old site, and it was up to $44B when you created this profile? 

Go get Urban.

Do I know you? Admittedly, I have had the worst three years of my entire life . If I insulted you in any way I am sorry. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas