Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

how hilarious is it that all Herman had to do to make the champ game was beat ISU AT HOME, on Senior Day, with 3 weeks to prepare and ISU on a short week and travelling. It really is a stunning absolute failure.  If CDC doesn't fire him its all on him.

And with the lead AND the ball AND three and a half minutes left in the game. What a fucking dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, dcar00 said:

how hilarious is it that all Herman had to do to make the champ game was beat ISU AT HOME, on Senior Day, with 3 weeks to prepare and ISU on a short week and travelling. It really is a stunning absolute failure.  If CDC doesn't fire him its all on him.

If his mind wasn't made up on the second to last drive debacle then he should be canned too.

27 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Daang.  I had already forgotten how shitty that was.  I had blurred my memory of the game just being a close loss.  I'm having flashbacks of 2 low percentage passes on 2nd and 3rd down to stop the clock.  Didnthst really happen?

Just now, dingleberryswitzer said:

Daang.  I had already forgotten how shitty that was.  I had blurred my memory of the game just being a close loss.  I'm having flashbacks of 2 low percentage passes on 2nd and 3rd down to stop the clock.  Didnthst really happen?

Not only did it really happen, it was widely predicted on the game thread during the commercial timeout. It wasn't even surprising. 

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

cum or no cum, if therm is coaching on saturday, cdc is the lead villain.

Dude, I’d be shocked if he isn’t. Herman coaching KSU is a lock, IMO. He gave the game week presser yesterday. Now after the game is a different story, but I don’t know why people are freaking out today. If there’s no news by Monday, then I will join you with the pitch fork

3 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Not only did it really happen, it was widely predicted on the game thread during the commercial timeout. It wasn't even surprising. 

Ok, in retrospect if he had called 3 runs for no yardage he would have gotten the same reaction.  But at least a minute would have burned off.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

To be fair, had he run the ball the dunderheads would be a hollerin about Turtle Tom and otherwise losing their shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Eggo said:

Just gonna throw this out there:

I wouldn't hate Jeff Traylor as our next coach.

No thanks... Traylor is fine where he's at and needs to get at least 3 to 5 more years there and make UTSA the next Cincy or Boise State and then can be in the conversation for a P5 job.

I agree he's a great coach none the less and not the same type of clown as Tom. Just needs more exposure as the HC of a college program.  

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The odds are good we lose at K-State.   Can we get the Purple Wizard to come out of retirement for a Saturday  to at least stand on the sidelines to make sure it's a done deal?     

I know we suck - and our OL is going to be a fucking dumpster fire - but I think you're underestimating just how much suck K-St has been since they lost their QB.  They've lost 4 straight and their offense is averaging 12 ppg.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I know we suck - and our OL is going to be a fucking dumpster fire - but I think you're underestimating just how much suck K-St has been since they lost their QB.  They've lost 4 straight and their offense is averaging 12 ppg.

They are getting a bunch of players back, including one of their best pass rushers.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

We've made second and third string QBs look like Heisman trophy winners in the past.   Don't underestimate  this.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

1487642017-TEXAS_FOOTBALL_HERMAN_5424467

Herman: Challenge accepted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

the problem is he can really only deny interest in coaching again.  He can't deny interest in a Texas job that isn't open.

It is a somewhat good sign that he hasn't denied interest in coaching again.  that means he is available to listen to offers or he is really enjoying fucking with Tom.

It's of no benefit to him to deny interest in coaching again. In fact it helps if he suggests he has interest, even if just to get Fox or whoever to give him a raise or extension.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's of no benefit to him to deny interest in coaching again. In fact it helps if he suggests he has interest, even if just to get Fox or whoever to give him a raise or extension.

I agree he doesn't need or have to do anything.  If he has interest, Fox giving him a raise isn't going to change his mind.  he could deny interest now and change later.   I'm taking it as a small sign but sure he could just not give a shit and he can let Herman twist in the meantime.

If there is some interest and we offer and he declines I could easily see the scenario of

1. he denies interest in coaching again

2. we fire Herman

3. we move on to whatever #2 and #3 are and folks stop talking about Urban but it doesn't look like he turned us down -- until he gets hired by USC

26 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

No thanks... Traylor is fine where he's at and needs to get at least 3 to 5 more years there and make UTSA the next Cincy or Boise State and then can be in the conversation for a P5 job.

I agree he's a great coach none the less and not the same type of clown as Tom. Just needs more exposure as the HC of a college program.  

yes, hopefully the days of hiring coaches after one year at Tech and 2 years at Houston are over.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I agree he doesn't need or have to do anything.  If he has interest, Fox giving him a raise isn't going to change his mind.  he could deny interest now and change later.   I'm taking it as a small sign but sure he could just not give a shit and he can let Herman twist in the meantime.

If there is some interest and we offer and he declines I could easily see the scenario of

1. he denies interest in coaching again

2. we fire Herman

3. we move on to whatever #2 and #3 are and folks stop talking about Urban but it doesn't look like he turned us down -- until he gets hired by USC

Seems like USC's president won't approve Meyer being hired.  Even if they do, not sure they'll spend the money to get Urban.  Hell they didn't even want to get rid of Clay Helton.  As shitty and dysfunctional as we have been, we actually all seem to be on the same page at the moment.  That's not the case at USC.

27 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Perfect timing when CDC botches this and hires another G5 coach, and gets canned in 2026. Traylor time. 

35 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

and we have Turtle Tom as our head coach. He'll still manage to make it a close game that could go either way...like a bisexual.

19 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Seems like USC's president won't approve Meyer being hired.  Even if they do, not sure they'll spend the money to get Urban.  Hell they didn't even want to get rid of Clay Helton.  As shitty and dysfunctional as we have been, we actually all seem to be on the same page at the moment.  That's not the case at USC.

The state is in a mess of its own. Hell they are shutting your water off for having people over. I doubt Meyer wants any part of that shithole of a city and state. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 3

58 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

kstate will unveil a lockett that walked on this week.

taysom hill will also walk on illegally in the disguise of the #4 qb on their depth chart.

billy dean snyder is still alive, and will camp out behind their bench in a purple and silver pope hat and bless the kitties.

kstate 27

therm 25

• Haha 2

The belief that USC won’t consider Meyer is not correct afaik.

The state is in a mess of its own. Hell they are shutting your water off for having people over. I doubt Meyer wants any part of that shithole of a city and state. 

Lots of ways to respond to this troll comment but I think the simplest thing to say is that there are no rules for rich people, anywhere.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I always remembered it as Eric "Sleeping With" Bieniemy...and now I've got Berman's voice in my head. Damn it.

ESPN did an Outside the Lines BITD linking him with the Crips.  I think he eventually got banned from CU's campus for a while.

If you're ethically squeamish on Urban Meyer, Bieniemy should really make you ill.

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/1997/12/05/coach-buffs-recruited-gangs/

https://dailybruin.com/2004/04/05/football-bieniemy-to-likely-fa

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1990/07/24/Colorado-tailback-suspended-for-alteraction/5791648792000/

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6/18169793/bengals-coach-search-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1993-09-27-9309270294-story.html

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas