Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

On 10/16/2020 at 6:00 AM, drifter379 said:

I think it’s a given that we would win with Meyer. But is it worth selling our souls.
When he decides to quit or gets fired over sanctions in 3-4 years will we be in any better position than we are right now?

I don’t know who the right guy is for this program but I throw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about seeing Urban Meyer in burnt orange on the sidelines.

Hi, uhhh...is this the line for me to sell my soul for Urban Meyer?

It is time.

Hook'em 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yeah, uh, Briles and Meyer are pretty much the same in my book.

Screw it!   Let’s just become Kansas and officially  make football secondary status. Stop the stadium expansion, discourage attendance when COVID is a distant memory, bring back the jet pack dude for pre game.  What else?  

12 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Screw it!   Let’s just become Kansas, but with a shitty basketball team, and officially  make football secondary status. Stop the stadium expansion, discourage attendance when COVID is a distant memory, bring back the jet pack dude for pre game.  What else?  

FIFY

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The notion that the university that currently employs Casey Horny, who was tits deep in one of the worst sports scandals in modern history, would be selling its soul when hiring Urban Meyer is fucking laughable.

Not to mention the fucking Grand Canyon-sized chasm between Art Briles and Urban Meyer when it comes to the “issues” they had with personnel. 

Meyer recruited bad dudes that played football and behaved like bad dudes. Briles recruited bad dudes that played football, then spent over half a decade enabling them and actively conspiring with his bosses, the leaders of the school, the local police and others to cover up those players’ behavior and allow them to continue playing. 

Briles entire staff was filled with rape enabling fuckheads. Urban Meyer kept the grandson of an OSU legend and his personal mentor on his staff when he shouldn’t have. 

I don’t know that I’m entirely sold on The University hiring Meyer, but I know I’m tired of fucking losing and I know that the school could hire worse. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Based on this new evidence, I would officially like to go on the record that I was wrong about the nose.  That's him.  Though, in my defense, that's one shitty phone camera.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

looks like a satanic ritual

Well he is an elite.  /Q

Edited by Herpa Derpa
satanic cannibal ritual
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

And Herman has Casey Horney......

Casey started under Mack.  So, two strikes against Mack.  Another similarity between Urban and Mack is they both had all time great QB’s who were great human beings.  So, why can’t we have Urban Meyer?  They need to be finding out what it will take to get him here.

Just now, Fondren & Main said:

Casey started under Mack.  So, two strikes against Mack.  Another similarity between Urban and Mack is they both had all time great QB’s who were great human beings.  So, why can’t we have Urban Meyer?  They need to be finding out what it will take to get him here.

Something tells me they already know.

3 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Wait i can't access that imgur image... please let me in

It’s a crappy 3.5 second video of someone creeping on urban at a restaurant with a cell phone camera that has the quality of a potato from circa 2009, with zero context attached. But by God I am going to believe it is definitive proof that it’s happening because I am desperate for Texas football to stop sucking fat chodes

Edited by 936horn
  • Like 1

Just now, 936horn said:

It’s a crappy 3.5 second video of someone creeping on urban at a restaurant with a cell phone camera that has the quality of a potato from circa 2009, with zero context attached. But by God I am going to believe it is definitive proof that it’s happening because I am desperate for Texas football to stop sucking fat chodes

So he is coming

3 hours ago, pch said:

spacer.png

The “kicking game” would also necessarily include Dicker.  Somebody needs to tell me just exactly how bad Dicker has been.

If you want to talk about special teams and punting, that’s fair.  I don’t think Dicker should included - credit where credit is due 

Edited by Bluemoon3287
Think

21 minutes ago, 936horn said:

That’s not a restaurant, it’s a catered event. Outdoors, sheet walls, restaurants generally don’t have that much stuff on the tables with waiters in black and white unless it’s very upscale, in which case Urban wouldn’t be wearing shorts and a zipper jacket.   Plus what others are wearing.

private set up, not a public one.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

That’s not a restaurant, it’s a catered event. Outdoors, sheet walls, restaurants generally don’t have that much stuff on the tables with waiters in black and white unless it’s very upscale, in which case Urban wouldn’t be wearing shorts and a zipper jacket.   Plus what others are wearing.
private set up, not a public one.   

Some places with the room are now using the large tents for outdoor dining in this new Covid landscape, leaving at least one side open for ventilation.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Some places with the room are now using the large tents for outdoor dining in this new Covid landscape, leaving at least one side open for ventilation.

That’s true enough, but go back to that pic from yesterday, that’s a catered event.  

• Like 1

Keeping Herman around because of the optics of how COVID has caused the Athletic Department to struggle financially --  FUCK THAT !!!

Mensa is a fucking cancer -- the longer he stays, the worse things will get.  If BMD's raise the money to make the coaching change, then CDC better fire Herman's ass.  More funding $$'s will be generated in 2021 and 2022 for the Athletic Department with a coaching change.

If you are seriously discussing concerns about the finances of the TEXAS Athletic Department, firing Herman is easily the best business decision...

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yes yes, did Urban have the salmon or the chicken?

Well, we had a choice...chicken or fish.

"Yes, I remember.  I had the lasagna."  

Edited by Lobo

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas