Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Anyway...

Chip's podcast this week was an interview with some ohio state journalist. One interesting thing was that he said Meyer's deal with Ohio State was worked out behind the seasons. The AD wasn't involved. It was just one BMD and an intermediary and everything was lined up before Luke Fickell was fired. 

Obligatory FCB

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Yeah this is the last football board I would try and whip the pay stub dick on. I have no doubt some of you fuck sticks make stacks.

Have you seen the lack of contributors? I'm not so sure. But then again, we have a lot of lawyers here. 

Edited by Deej

He’s already said he’s a CRNA. Just sayin
CRNAs in Houston can make bank as there's almost a monopoly by one anesthesiologist group that drives the wages in Houston compared to other areas.

None of that is relevant to the fact that Meyer would make a fine coach of young men at the University of Texas.

2 minutes ago, bmbmd said:

CRNA may be the best job in the world, and they can make some serious change.  Not ”Own your own jet” money, but a very comfortable living.

Pretty sure Tom Herman has the best job in the world right now. He can be as shitty as he wants and if he gets fired he gets a check for $15 million.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Man, it really sucked immediately coming out of school making over 70k working 3 days a week.

It sucks even more making almost 3.5 times that amount every year.....working less hours a week than when I was an ICU nurse, less than 5 years after graduating from Texas

You should post your paycheck

EDIT - SON OF A BITCH I READ THE THREAD

Edited by Surly Bevo
ROCKO
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Have you seen the lack of contributors? I'm not so sure. But then again, we have a lot of lawyers here. 

Ehh I have met enough UT alums and dedicated fans that sit on small fortunes that look and act like they crawled out of the deepest holes of South or West Texas and I am sure their on this board arguing dumb shit like the rest of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Ehh I have met enough UT alums and dedicated fans that sit on small fortunes that look and act like they crawled out of the deepest holes of South or West Texas and I am sure their on this board arguing dumb shit like the rest of us.

Probably, but before the call out yesterday, we had around a hundred people contributing to this site. 

19 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Anyway...

Chip's podcast this week was an interview with some ohio state journalist. One interesting thing was that he said Meyer's deal with Ohio State was worked out behind the seasons. The AD wasn't involved. It was just one BMD and an intermediary and everything was lined up before Luke Fickell was fired. 

Obligatory FCB

The way they were talking, it seemed like it was almost a foregone conclusion. Something about the tone in FCB’s voice and questions. To the point where the OSU guy said it would probably come down to whether a couple key assistants would be willing to trade Columbus for Austin. 

20 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Anyway...

Obligatory FCB

Interesting. Kind of doubt we'd be quite that hands off but hopefully the timing/process is similar

Still waiting for some meaningful context from the Urban pic and video before I think anything other than Urban Meyer is a living human who leaves his house on occasion

5 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

The way they were talking, it seemed like it was almost a foregone conclusion. Something about the tone in FCB’s voice and questions. To the point where the OSU guy said it would probably come down to whether a couple key assistants would be willing to trade Columbus for Austin. 

Wonder which key assistants he would care that much about. Seems like letting the tail wag the dog if that's his biggest concern

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Man, it really sucked immediately coming out of school making over 70k working 3 days a week.

It sucks even more making almost 3.5 times that amount every year.....working less hours a week than when I was an ICU nurse, less than 5 years after graduating from Texas

Can I borrow tree fiddy? 

9 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Yeah, not to sound like a broken record, but everything that's going on is weird. Flame throwers are out, no one is defending the coach, and they're spending time doing podcasts about a potential new hire.

This thread hits close to home.  I just had to tell my daughter my income for her college apps.  Not sure if she's disappointed in my lack of ambition or shaking her head that I continually complain about relatively small expenses when in fact we are not below the poverty line.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

This thread hits close to home.  I just had to tell my daughter my income for her college apps.  Not sure if she's disappointed in my lack of ambition or shaking her head that I continually complain about relatively small expenses when in fact we are not below the poverty line.

Should have been a nursing major 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Mark Pantoni was one. Another Italian sounding name was the other. Didn’t someone say Urbs loves the pizza? 

This might be what you're looking for..

dNtvgOa5_bigger.jpg  jbook™    @jbook37

Tom Herman tried to imitate OSU at Texas but failed. He hired a boat load of former Ohio State coaches, set up the program like OSU but couldn't get it done. It's like buying Lamborghini parts but don't have the engine. Coach Mick & Pantoni are the engines that makes OSU run
Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

This might be what your looking for..

dNtvgOa5_bigger.jpg  jbook™    @jbook37

Tom Herman tried to imitate OSU at Texas but failed. He hired a boat load of former Ohio State coaches, set up the program like OSU but couldn't get it done. It's like buying Lamborghini parts but don't have the engine. Coach Mick & Pantoni are the engines that makes OSU run

Coach Mick sounds more Irish.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Coach Mick sounds more Irish.

Probably this guy...

Mickey Marotti  Asst AD for Football Sports Performance

Mickey Marotti is in his eighth season as the assistant athletic director for football sports performance at Ohio State and his 33rd season overall as a coach. He is the person Ohio State head coaches trust in the critical area of strength and conditioning training and overseeing sports performance.

“There are times in the year when the strength staff has more contact with the team than the coaching staff,” Urban Meyer, who hired Marotti four times, has said, “and I had complete trust in Mickey Marotti’s abilities to prepare our student-athletes to be the strongest, fastest and mentally toughest football players they can be.”

Marotti, called a “master” of motivation and mental preparation, is indeed that: he has coached three teams now that have won national championships: the 2006 and 2008 Florida Gators and the 2014 Ohio State Buckeyes.

His work with the Buckeyes earned him American Football Monthly’s FBS Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year award in 2016.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:  Mark Pantoni

Assistant Athletic Director, Player Personnel
Ohio State University

Mark Pantoni is in his eighth season with the Ohio State football program. He was promoted to the position of assistant athletic director for player personnel in the summer of 2018. In this position, Pantoni supervises all aspects of the program’s administrative duties for recruiting, including film evaluations, on-campus official and unofficial visits, the social media/creative team, travel and roster management.

A terrific relationship with prospects and meticulous attention to detail and administrative skills has helped Pantoni and Ohio State secure seven Top 5 recruiting classes in eight years, including a No. 2 ranking in 2018 and a 2017 class that produced the highest per player average in the 247Sports Composite rankings history. He also helped Ohio State to a 2016 class ranked as high as No. 2 by Scout and No. 3 by Rivals, and to the No. 1 class in the nation in 2013 by Scout.

His efforts have earned him recognition as the FootballScoop 2014 Director Player Personnel of the Year presented by ProGrass after being a finalist for the honor in 2013.

Pantoni started in his Ohio State position in December 2011 after working at the University of Florida for five years. He had direct responsibilities as a recruiting program coordinator for two seasons, including serving as Florida’s director of football administration from March 2011 through the end of the 2011 regular season.

Pantoni also helped with Florida’s highly successful summer camp showcase, Friday Night Lights. One of the best-known on-campus summer camps, this one-night event was held under the lights in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium with music and highlight videos on the scoreboard. The concept of Friday Night Lights has continued in Columbus each July in Ohio Stadium.

A Florida native, Pantoni grew up in Sarasota and attended the University of Florida. He has both bachelor’s (Summa Cum Laude; 2004) and master’s (2006) degrees from Florida in applied physiology and kinesiology.

Edited by LTtxfan

43 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

The one thing that made Mack different from his successors was his willingness, besides GDGD, to find the best coaches he could when he took the job. He did the same thing at UNC. That's the thing Strong did that was wrong, that's the thing that Herman did when he first got here that showed he didn't know what he was doing, and I really don't want to see that from any new hire.

Unless the person is really, really good. But given that Urban is the guy behind hiring both Herman and Strong...

In a fucked up way, the only reason I am optimistic that Urban will happen for us is that there is a complete radio silence on the matter from Texas 9.95ers. It is almost as if some overarching power has commanded their lot to keep their mouths shut. Otherwise they would be tripping over one another to blow their wad. Shitty photographs from fuccbois notwithstanding.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Anyway...

Obligatory FCB

Which podcast are you referring to? 

In a fucked up way, the only reason I am optimistic that Urban will happen for us is that there is a complete radio silence on the matter from Texas 9.95ers. It is almost as if some overarching power has commanded their lot to keep their mouths shut. Otherwise they would be tripping over one another to blow their wad. Shitty photographs from fuccbois notwithstanding.

It is definitely odd.

I'm curious if the way the Saban news leaked and fucked it all up has resulted in more of a gag order this time around.

Or, maybe nothing at all is happening.

But it's probably the former.

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It is definitely odd.

I'm curious if the way the Saban news leaked and fucked it all up has resulted in more of a gag order this time around.

Or, maybe nothing at all is happening.

But it's probably the former.

Saban stuff leaked because Mack used a friend. As far as I know Tom has no close enough friends except Anwar maybe. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

29 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The one thing that made Mack different from his successors was his willingness, besides GDGD, to find the best coaches he could when he took the job. He did the same thing at UNC. That's the thing Strong did that was wrong, that's the thing that Herman did when he first got here that showed he didn't know what he was doing, and I really don't want to see that from any new hire.

Unless the person is really, really good. But given that Urban is the guy behind hiring both Herman and Strong...

Strong at least tried at the start, but the rumor was that the butt hurt swinging dicks wouldn't pony up for top assistants, especially a top OC, and we started the Strong era...

...not-so-strong.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Strong at least tried at the start, but the rumor was that the butt hurt swinging dicks wouldn't pony up for top assistants, especially a top OC, and we started the Strong era...

...not-so-strong.

True. I'm thinking a little of column A, a little of column B. It's as much about having a good staff that you manage well as the head coach himself.

The last thing Urban wants his legacy to be known for is that unceremonious retirement from Ohio State following that half season suspension.

You know he's itching to get back in the game sitting there watching all this shitty Big 12 football from the studio. He knows that if he wins a National Championship at a 3rd school - it will absolutely cement his legacy as one of the greatest of all time.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

...not-so-strong.

Shawn Watson was paid more than Lincoln Riley.  The one controversy regarding the staff is we wouldn’t let Charlie hire his bag man Clint hurtt 

also just saw a tweet that if we hire urban he’d likely steal Randal Joyner from smu

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

The last thing Urban wants his legacy to be known for is that unceremonious retirement from Ohio State following that half season suspension.

You know he's itching to get back in the game sitting there watching all this shitty Big 12 football from the studio. He knows that if he wins a National Championship at a 3rd school - it will absolutely cement his legacy as one of the greatest of all time.

I agree with you. However, I think winning 4 championships at 3 different schools would cement him as the greatest of all time, not one of the greatest of all time.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas