Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

28 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Sweat is one of the biggest reasons I have determined McKnight to be a big part of the team's current woes... He is carrying about 50 pounds too much and it appears the coaches encouraged it and aren't doing anything to correct it.  He's practically a non factor on drives longer than one set of downs and it's all S&C.  He looks bad.  Coburn is about 20 pounds too heavy as well.  He can still move around so it isn't as obvious, but man imagine what he could do with less fat.  The OL have big numbers on the scale but don't have the strength to back it up. This is not even getting into the offensive skill players.

After a few years, S&C really smells 

Didn’t Herman complain about how fat the defensive linemen he inherited were, back in early 2017?

46 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

We're currently doing the junior high dance to avoid public rejection.  Something like passing urb a note that says "If I asked you to the dance and offered you 10 mm per year, would you go as my date?  Circle one- yes, no, maybe."

That's my total reading of tea leaves, I have no actual information.

Well fuck this. You aren't getting my $9.95 now 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Alabama isn’t the only team who can find a fast WR.   Although, to your point, we actually have struck out on the true blue five stars in Texas way more than people realize since about the 2012 class.  The 2018 class is the only recent one where we cleaned up the very top of the recruiting rankings in state - and in typical Texas post-2009 luck, that was the year the top recruits in the rankings were guys like Sterns, Foster and Jalen Green as opposed to Vince Young, Roy Williams, Ed Oliver, Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, etc.  

As an aside, I’m baffled at how the $9.95ers ranked that 2018 DB class.  Jamison is the only one of the bunch with elite, explosive athletic ability, and he was the lowest ranked by far compared to Sterns, Foster, Green and Cook.  Do these guys still not know how to distinguish between who is more advanced at camps in high school and who actually has unique athletic traits?

You mean like the unique athletic trait to turn the fuck around and look for the ball when the receiver is slowing down and raising his arms?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

And our special teams over the past 10 years have been average at best.

Honestly, I feel like it’s been worse than average. I don’t remember having so many mistakes, miscues, and boneheaded plays on special teams as we’ve had this past 10 years. Say what you will about Mack, that dude had his special teams shit together. 

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

I was just reminded of the time Fatdog's son showed up on the Shag to white knight his dad. Good times.

He showed up on IT as well to call me ugly names when I shared an unflattering story about his father. Apparently pointing out that a strength and conditioning coach attending a nutrition conference should probably not eat a supersized Burger King meal for lunch at the conference is poor form. 

• Haha 1

ChiTownDoc throwing a little ice on our fire over on the Meyer or bust post after talking with an OSU cigar. Anything to this given his 10 billion in rep and covid survivor status? 

No clue on his credibility, but I wouldn’t doubt if that’s what the people around him believe (that he’s done coaching).

Doesn’t change that it appears he wanted the USC job recently.

And like ChiTownDoc said, he could really be done... until he’s not.

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

an OSU cigar who doesn't think Urban will come?  Color me surprised.  

Yeah I mean it's an interesting connection that ChiTown has but I'm not sure why Urban would be discussing a possible return to coaching at Texas with tOSU boosters - however good friends they are or not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

70a657af2da6dd5019fbe7eb3ca1d3f4.jpg

One months pay. Shut the fuck up. Sorry for the thread derail.... but even you brokedicks that wanna bash Nursing... go ahead. But know that Nursing is a fucking fantastic undergrad major.

Now carry on with fawning over that POS Meyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn this is a Classic Post on Nurses...

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

No clue on his credibility, but I wouldn’t doubt if that’s what the people around him believe (that he’s done coaching).

Yeah, it's going to be hard for an OSU booster to imagine Urban taking another job.  In their mind, OSU is the end-all be-all and how could anything else possibly compare?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

an OSU cigar who doesn't think Urban will come?  Color me surprised.  

Exactly.  Just posting what I heard.  

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Yeah - my gut actually says he can’t say no.  

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I mean it's an interesting connection that ChiTown has but I'm not sure why Urban would be discussing a possible return to coaching at Texas with tOSU boosters - however good friends they are or not.

Yeah - very true but I think Urban has himself convinced he’s not coming back...you know, until he says fuck it, let’s go.  

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Would Urban tell an osu guy “yea I’ve been eyeballing the usc and Texas job” or even “I’m just waiting for Tom to fuck up one more time”.  Doesn’t seem appropriate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Would Urban tell an osu guy “yea I’ve been eyeballing the usc and Texas job” or even “I’m just waiting for Tom to fuck up one more time”.  Doesn’t seem appropriate. 

Who knows? And would a tOSU booster tell an Oklahoma booster that Urban is going to take the Texas job? More than likely, Urban is going to tell the tOSU booster what he wants to hear and a tOSU booster is going to tell an Oklahoma booster what he wants to hear. In other words, don't read too much into it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Tbf, unless I missed another comment from Chi on the Urb thread, it didn’t seem Chi was insinuation that Urb told the booster this, but that the boosters may have been told this by the people around Urb.

What I gathered.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas