Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And people wonder why this team lacks discipline 

fuck Tom herman

Kerstetter could punch someone 30 seconds after the play was dead, and this dumbass motherfucker would still characterize it as an effort penalty.  A real coach like Saban would've been in Kerstetter's face the second he made it to the sideline.  But Mensa excuses it.  Twice.  At the end of games.  For the same fucking thing.

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

Kerstetter could punch someone 30 seconds after the play was dead, and this dumbass motherfucker would still characterize it as an effort penalty.  A real coach like Saban would've been in Kerstetter's face the second he made it to the sideline.  But Mensa excuses it.  Twice.  At the end of games.  For the same fucking thing.

he's basically telling CDC "you don't have the money so why don't you gargle my balls instead".  the big question is how big a pussy is CDC...

23 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

If it were to go down that we dump Herman and get Meyer, it would tell the world that we are damn serious. I believe most of us that spend too much time and money supporting Texas athletics ARE damn serious. 

This is what it really comes down to for me, going forward. I just want to know what we want if we're really going to make a serious effort to win ... or if we're just gonna pretend to be making that effort.

6 minutes ago, wood said:

This is what it really comes down to for me, going forward. I just want to know what we want if we're really going to make a serious effort to win ... or if we're just gonna pretend to be making that effort.

we are all in on pretend/Cal...the Herman Texas v LSU battle was a great show that made it look like we cared though.  

Also, please spare me the bullshit handwringing over some faux concern about the "optics" of the most profitable athletics program in the history of college sports paying a coach $40M or whatever ... esp from fucking legislators.

Those same legislators (for example) have had zero problem literally giving away more than $225M so far to COTA and the POS who runs it. In the meantime COTA is barely keeping its head above water, and said POS would rather spend our tax money on trying to keep other pro sports and music venues out of town than on fixing the track that's falling apart.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Also, please spare me the bullshit handwringing over some faux concern about the "optics" of the most profitable athletics program in the history of college sports paying a coach $40M or whatever ... esp from fucking legislators.

Those same legislators (for example) have had zero problem literally giving away more than $225M so far to COTA and the POS who runs it. In the meantime COTA is barely keeping its head above water, and said POS would rather spend our tax money on trying to keep other pro sports and music venues out of town than on fixing the track that's falling apart.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, freyguy said:

Photoshop artists need to modify this.  Splatter it with bird shit and put a rag in his hands.

2017-Summer-Cover-Main.png

This cover has bothered me for a while because it looks to me that the play under "FOO" is under center, and we don't run plays under center afaik. So did Tom even draw these plays, and if so, how are they relevant to his identity?

On 10/25/2020 at 4:56 PM, longhornmatt said:

I guess in Herman’s imagination he envisions Brewer and other lumbering 250 pound guys just trampling over defenders as we impose our will like real manly men.  Meanwhile, even Nick Saban has totally transitioned from that to a guy whose teams throw for 400 yards every game to a bunch of speedy 1st round WRs.

This is it in a nutshell.  His only experience at a high level was B10 with OSU recruiting, i.e. top of the heap.  They "imposed their will" because that's B10 football and they had across-the-board talent and coaching to do it.  It's not going to translate everywhere.  Hell, it doesn't even win at OSU at the very highest level without some pretty transcendent talent.

This "impose our will" bullshit is his undoing, and bad assistant hires.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

image.thumb.png.bf6da9ffccd597db6699c9ee32c8b1a8.png

That’s just not true though.  His contract is available online, just use the googles and look for the pdf.  He’s owed 5M for each remaining year, pro-rated.  His contract period is 12/1/2016 through 12/31/2023.   He’s currently owed 3 years, 2 months and a week which is about 16M.  On 12/1 he will be owed 3 years, 1 month about 15:4M. 

this waiting until 12/1 for 5M to drop off is just false

(3) the University will pay to Coach, in lieu of any and all other legal remedies or equitable relief available to Coach or LLC, liquidated damages equal to $5,000,000 for each remaining contract year (pro-rated for partial month/months) of the unexpired Term of this Agreement as stated in Section 3 above.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

That’s just not true though.  His contract is available online, just use the googles and look for the pdf.  He’s owed 5M for each remaining year, pro-rated.  His contract period is 12/1/2016 through 12/31/2023.   He’s currently owed 3 years, 2 months and a week which is about 16M.  On 12/1 he will be owed 3 years, 1 month about 15:4M. 

this waiting until 12/1 for 5M to drop off is just false

(3) the University will pay to Coach, in lieu of any and all other legal remedies or equitable relief available to Coach or LLC, liquidated damages equal to $5,000,000 for each remaining contract year (pro-rated for partial month/months) of the unexpired Term of this Agreement as stated in Section 3 above.

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking the same thing when all these people kept talking about waiting for the buyout to drop  but hadn’t checked the contract. Almost all these coaching contracts are just guaranteed salaries, so there’s not really an actual buyout. The salary just keeps being owed over time if you fire him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking the same thing when all these people kept talking about waiting for the buyout to drop  but hadn’t checked the contract. Almost all these coaching contracts are just guaranteed salaries, so there’s not really an actual buyout. The salary just keeps being owed over time if you fire him. 

It’s not exactly his salary owed as that keeps increasing 250k YoY. But contract specifically states 5M for each remaining year, pro-rated.  
I haven’t found the actual extension, so I guess it’s possible they rewrote the entire contract to reflect the annual raises.  In that case he would be owed like 19:5M as of 12/31
Or Nahlin is just an idiot.   I’m going with idiot.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I just realized that Herman gave a press conference today and, save a single Brian Davis tweet, it has been completely ignored on the board

In the last days of Mack I remember someone saying that in sports apathy is a worse sign than anger.

When a group of people so engaged in a team/sport that they spend a significant amount of time on an internet forum discussing it completely ignores a coaches weekly presser, you're getting pretty damn close to apathy.

uh...the game thread was barely 30 pages. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyLegit said:

This cover has bothered me for a while because it looks to me that the play under "FOO" is under center, and we don't run plays under center afaik. So did Tom even draw these plays, and if so, how are they relevant to his identity?

That and he MUST have written them backwards so the camera can see the plays written for the reader to see. What a GENIUS!

or it was just some photo op bullshit to sell a shitload of magazines, which I'm sure worked like a charm. I know a lot a terrible coaches that can write plays on a whiteboard if you want.

Tired of this fake ass bullshit. Stop preening and kick some ass on the field. Show me, don't tell me. And if the next savior is U.M., I hope he's not using it as a Texas pay day and proves he's one of, if not the, best college football coaches of all time. 

My dad and I don't always see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, but I'll tell you this for free, he knows bullshit when he sees it. When we hired Charlie and Herman, he looked at me and said, "The guy is in for a rude awakening if he doesn't have his shit together." Seems he was right on both counts.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

It’s as clear as the Texans drafting Vince.

Please don't jinx this or let CDC fuck this hire up like McNair and those clueless Texan tools did the Vince draft.  Even Bud Adams was smarter than McNair, but he had that damn .500 idoit USC simp as a head coach.  Fucking Texans jerseys and gear would have flown off the shelves bought by horn fans.  The Texans would have gained a larger fan base just like the Oilers did when they drafted Earl.  Pisses me off still today.  

• Hook 'Em 8

7 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Please don't jinx this or let CDC fuck this hire up like McNair and those clueless Texan tools did the Vince draft.  Even Bud Adams was smarter than McNair, but he had that damn .500 idoit USC simp as a head coach.  Fucking Texans jerseys and gear would have flown off the shelves bought by horn fans.  The Texans would have gained a larger fan base just like the Oilers did when they drafted Earl.  Pisses me off still today.  

Yeah man.  It was the only correct choice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

cdc is not going to mess this up he is a legit bonafide stud ad & has been litty with his hires 

i understand u people r too pretentious to watch other texas sports but cdc has been 1000 percent on his hires at texas

softball  hired a multiple time national semifinal coach (led texas to the #1ranking in year 2 & was well on the way to playing for a title before covid)

basketball hired a multi time national championship appearing coach  (been on the job < 6 months & already has the #1 recruiting class in the nation)

track  hired a proven winner who lead texas to a top 10 finish in year 1

btw the money is gathered for they buyout & next coach :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

wow! this is all brand-new information to me. can't believe none of this has been discussed on this board before.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

I think yah already know the answer... 😁

I guess I was asking generally how the reassignment thing works. If that's an option short term why not reassign him permanently and fuck the buyout? Give him some bullshit admin job he is required to Zoom in for so he's never within 20 miles of Belmont. It's better to just pay him out at the expected intervals rather than having to come up with the entire amount owed on the contract right now anyway. Likely he wouldn't accept being in coaching purgatory for three years and would ask out of the contract and or agree to a lower buyout. Win-Win.

Aside from potentially making Texas a pariah to every coach/agent, I assume we won't do that because we can't, it would be a breach of contract. If that is the case why isn't it a breach to do it for the last two months of the season? 

10 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

cdc is not going to mess this up he is a legit bonafide stud ad & has been litty with his hires 

Hide contents

i understand u people r too pretentious to watch other texas sports but cdc has been 1000 percent on his hires at texas

softball  hired a multiple time national semifinal coach (led texas to the #1ranking in year 2 & was well on the way to playing for a title before covid)

basketball hired a multi time national championship appearing coach  (been on the job < 6 months & already has the #1 recruiting class in the nation)

track  hired a proven winner who lead texas to a top 10 finish in year 1

btw the money is gathered for they buyout & next coach :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah he's done a great job outside of inheriting a shitty basketball situation and pulling the trigger too quickly on the Herman extension. And he really does care about winning. 

Obviously it blew up in his face a little bit but he told Center that he didn't care who he recruited from an academic standpoint as long as they were winning.

7 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I guess I was asking generally how the reassignment thing works. If that's an option short term why not reassign him permanently and fuck the buyout? Give him some bullshit admin job he is required to Zoom in for so he's never within 20 miles of Belmont. It's better to just pay him out at the expected intervals rather than having to come up with the entire amount owed on the contract right now anyway. Likely he wouldn't accept being in coaching purgatory for three years and would ask out of the contract and or agree to a lower buyout. Win-Win.

Aside from potentially making Texas a pariah to every coach/agent, I assume we won't do that because we can't, it would be a breach of contract. If that is the case why isn't it a breach to do it for the last two months of the season? 

Per contract we keep paying him a monthly sum through the end of his contract.  He also has to make a reasonable effort to get another job and that income offsets what we owe.  
In other words, fuck reassignment, fire his ass as soon as possible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If we hire the right coach then the recruiting class he ends up with will be a distant memory, cut out all the garbage mistakes and next years team wins 10 games playing sound football alone. I’m pretty sure Yurcich/Ash playing interim head coach has this team 5-0 right now. I’m going against the grain here but fucking winning is not that hard. Lol 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas