Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, a 2022 recruit...if we hire Urban, I'd still like our chances to land him. If we keep Herman, not sure it matters who plays QB anyway. 

Agreed. And, I just assumed Ewers leaving was a foregone conclusion if Herman sticks around. 

Why would the #1 recruit in the last 20 years want to play for an average program?

It would have been like Trevor Lawrence committing to Georgia Tech just because his daddy used to take him to games there or something.

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If the rumor of Herman screwing with the the offense is true, that would be the nail in the coffin, and his replacement is tan, relaxed and ready to pull out the orange tie again - for the right package.

Write him a blank fucking check at this point

• Hook 'Em 1

Nick Saban was 56 when he was hired by Alabama in 2007.  Urban is 56 now.  Hire him this Sunday for an epic 10 year run at Texas.  I know we can't have nice things, but I want to see this hire and the puckered asses of Riley, Sweaty Fuck, Gundy, and the rest of the Big 12 shit show.  Urban would fart in Bowlsby's general direction.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Nick Saban was 56 when he was hired by Alabama in 2007.  Urban is 56 now.  Hire him this Sunday for an epic 10 year run at Texas.  I know we can't have nice things, but I want to see this hire and the puckered asses of Riley, Sweaty Fuck, Gundy, and the rest of the Big 12 shit show.  Urban would fart in Bowlsby's general direction.

What about his history says he’ll be anywhere for 10 years?

3 hours ago, vtaenz said:
4 hours ago, TejasPedro said:
Remember that one time in Stillwater back in 2005, when Vince did his thang? That was pretty incredible. I want to watch that game over and over. LHN should do a fund raiser raffle for a chance to win a watch and study film session with VY. (All proceeds will go to the “Can The Herman -Hire the Meyer Fund”)  I enjoy that game more than the rose bowl. 
oh, and one more thing, Tom Herman is ass.

How did you not go with "Can the Herman, hire the Urban?"

I’m partial to Fire FuckFace, Hire Meyer

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

If the rumor of Herman screwing with the the offense is true, that would be the nail in the coffin, and his replacement is tan, relaxed and ready to pull out the orange tie again - for the right package.

I'm not sure how its only a rumor. There are pictures of Herman during the Baylor game with a playsheet.

TSRH^^ In every presser since the blowU debacle he's mentioned the lack of winter workouts, shortened fall camp and new offense and defense at least once, sometimes multiple times.

Newsflash douche canoe, nobody had winter conditioning..everyone had abbriviated fall camp, and the new offense and defense is on YOU. Rapelor had all that plus a new HC and rona issues...yet almost came back and beat us at home. Baylor...with not even half our talent level if recruiting stars matter.

2020 Baylor = 2017 Maryland?

Sold. FTH!

TFB

Super K made a post this morning regarding the smoke coming from Ohio State’s camp. While true, Texas will not be completely out of the running for Ewers, everything is dependent upon how Texas finishes the season and/or who will be coaching next season.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

No idea, but I would think it wouldn’t be too difficult: yr 1 - $8, yr 2 $8.5m yr 3 $9m yr 4 $9.5m yr 5 $10m.

5/50 
a pretty good argument can be made that he’s the best coach this generation despite that tile being reserved for Saban.  Compare their career trajectories and Urbans has been more impressive at the same period in their careers.  There’s a chance he could come here and leave as the undisputed GOAT, though health concerns would probably abbreviate his stay.  His winning %, two undefeated seasons, and he’s only had one 5 loss and one 4 loss season ever, in several ways he’s in a class all his own.  

mack Brown built a near decade long dynasty here with top recruiting classes, yet only managed to win 1 MNC.  Urban or Saban would have had us that extra step like Bama the past decade.  You can add Dabo to that conversation now, UT is one of the places where a real dynasty can be built by the right person.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Super K made a post this morning regarding the smoke coming from Ohio State’s camp. While true, Texas will not be completely out of the running for Ewers, everything is dependent upon how Texas finishes the season and/or who will be coaching next season.

Roach posted Clemson, Alabama, and tOSU are continuing to recruit Ewers...

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Sounds like Ewers is going to commit somewhere else "soon". CDC doesn't seem interested in firing Tom mid-season so, by then Ewers will be committed somewhere else

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

26 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I'm not sure how its only a rumor. There are pictures of Herman during the Baylor game with a playsheet.

The limited off-season gave him the perfect excuse not to let go of the offense.

28 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FUCK

The time stamp on this is 9:09pm and the Dallas Morning News has the story online at 9:13pm ???????

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2020/10/28/southlake-carroll-qb-quinn-ewers-the-top-national-recruit-in-2022-de-commits-from-texas/

Edited by TexasGary
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas