Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

20 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Fire Herman today..it’s done...fire him now. Save what you can of this recruiting class. Save what you can of the locker room...hell save what you can of the interest in the program. No need for him to see the field on Saturday. Fire him now..who had CDCs email

This. He has fucked the 2021 class, don’t let him fuck 2022 before he’s gone. 

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He's a local kid in Southlake. You bet your ass the DMN is following him on Twitter or at least has the family on a text chain. 

Ok, I get that but in 4 minutes?  He had to have had a heads up.  I wonder if this whole thing is being orchestrated to move Tom along a little faster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Motherfucker is gonna have me mad if we beat a top 10 team this weekend.  

Don't think you have to worry about that. Next weekend will be the 2019 Baylor game all over again. Our offense will try to repeat the gameplan form last week and get shut down, while our defense will hold it together at first before ultimately getting worn down by Hubbard and Sanders' legs.

Edited by satyanash

Not sure why everybody is freaking out about it at this point. All it does is accelerate Herman's termination. The Hermination. We weren't going to be good enough to keep Ewers if Herman stays, this is actually the best way to sign Ewers.

You know, assuming we don't fuck up the replacement hire.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

The time stamp on this is 9:09pm and the Dallas Morning News has the story online at 9:13pm ???????

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2020/10/28/southlake-carroll-qb-quinn-ewers-the-top-national-recruit-in-2022-de-commits-from-texas/

@TexasGary- You seem surprised. I’m not sure where you live but literally every DFW news outlet (esp the ticket) has quite the disdain for the Univ of Texas. Call it jealousy, envy, whatever the fuck- But they do. I literally cannot and don’t listen to, watch, or read any of their drivel. Haven’t for the past 7yrs. There is no unbiased opinion up here when it comes UT.

8 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

The time stamp on this is 9:09pm and the Dallas Morning News has the story online at 9:13pm ???????

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2020/10/28/southlake-carroll-qb-quinn-ewers-the-top-national-recruit-in-2022-de-commits-from-texas/

Yeah, seems to me like this is one of the things we're supposed to relax and watch "play out", in the sequence of events where Tom gets replaced by Urbs...

1 minute ago, NTVTXN said:

@TexasGary- You seem surprised. I’m not sure where you live but literally every DFW news outlet (esp the ticket) has quite the disdain for the Univ of Texas. Call it jealousy, envy, whatever the fuck- But they do. I literally cannot and don’t listen to, watch, or read any of their drivel. Haven’t for the past 7yrs. There is no unbiased opinion up here when it comes UT.

So besides smu/tcu/unt, what schools do the dfw media like now??

1 minute ago, NTVTXN said:

I am surprised by the fact that you could compose a story of that length and get it published on the site in 4 minutes.  I live in Plano so I know how big a deal that Southlake is.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

Ok, I get that but in 4 minutes?  He had to have had a heads up.  I wonder if this whole thing is being orchestrated to move Tom along a little faster.

Exactly how it looks from where I'm sitting. And I'm all for it...

6 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

This is good news in disguise.

I slightly agree, Ewers possibly has been told that the coach that got him to Texas will no longer be the coach next year and now he’s decommitting until things shake out. On the flip side he could have heard Urban is in no way coming and said fuck this I bail.

edit: these quick CBs make me think the wait until things shake out theory is very unlikely. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1

[mention=1210]TexasGary[/mention]- You seem surprised. I’m not sure where you live but literally every DFW news outlet (esp the ticket) has quite the disdain for the Univ of Texas. Call it jealousy, envy, whatever the fuck- But they do. I literally cannot and don’t listen to, watch, or read any of their drivel. Haven’t for the past 7yrs. There is no unbiased opinion up here when it comes UT.

I somewhat agree. I was a P1 from ‘97 to 04. The Ticket was never Longhorn friendly. Back then it may have been jealousy/envy. These days it’s probably just mockery.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not sure why everybody is freaking out about it at this point. All it does is accelerate Herman's termination. The Hermination. We weren't going to be good enough to keep Ewers if Herman stays, this is actually the best way to sign Ewers.

You know, assuming we don't fuck up the replacement hire.

Unfortunately it looks like he’s going to commit to OSU soon and I doubt we’ll get another serious look.

3 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I am surprised by the fact that you could compose a story of that length and get it published on the site in 4 minutes.  I live in Plano so I know how big a deal that Southlake is.

I hear you. Hopefully, as it was mentioned above, some source gave ‘em the heads up so as to turn up the heat. 

A good writer who catches which way the wind is blowing, as anyone who was paying attn on here today was able to catch, has the story written already. Insert time and date. Like Keith Richards’s obituary, except that’s never happening.

But it’s absolutely possible they’re not that good, and this is all part of the plan to... because I have to believe.

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I slightly agree, Ewers possibly has been told that the coach that got him to Texas will no longer be the coach next year and now he’s decommitting until things shake out. On the flip side he could have heard Urban is in no way coming and said fuck this I bail.

edit: these quick CBs make me think the wait until things shake out theory is very unlikely. 

E21D101E-ABC6-44B7-8CC5-13B737D714B9.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

A good writer who catches which way the wind is blowing, as anyone who was paying attn on here today was able to catch, has the story written already. Insert time and date. Like Keith Richards’s obituary, except that’s never happening.

This obit will need to be bequeathed to the children of the journalists who wrote the original copy for updates and publication.

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

I somewhat agree. I was a P1 from ‘97 to 04. The Ticket was never Longhorn friendly. Back then it may have been jealousy/envy. These days it’s probably just mockery.

Same. I was P1 since ‘94. 
And about the mockery; you nailed it. And it sucks that you’re so spot on. 
With the level of monetary resources, there is zero reason for this University to have been wandering in the proverbial desert for so long.  Very frustrating.

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Unfortunately it looks like he’s going to commit to OSU soon and I doubt we’ll get another serious look.

Admittedly I don't really follow recruiting these days...but why would he not give a serious look to a Texas program led by Urban Meyer? The kid has a year before he's signing with anyone. 

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Admittedly I don't really follow recruiting these days...but why would he not give a serious look to a Texas program led by Urban Meyer? The kid has a year before he's signing with anyone. 

He figures tOSU is basically the final form of what Urban would be doing.

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

10 years of history? WTF has UT done on the field? With talent? Putting players in the League? The Brockemeyers don’t look so stupid now do they?

Edited by Dilligas

9 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Uh-huh.  And just where would he get credible information like that?

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas