Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

You have got to be fucking kidding me.  We have better athletes than Maryland at damn near every position.  That shit was coaching.

I don't know. That true freshman that scored 3 TD's for them looks like he could make the NFL one day. Certainly looked better than anyone we had on offense. But "recruiting rankings" and stuff I guess. 

Just now, Landomatic said:

You have got to be fucking kidding me.  We have better athletes than Maryland at damn near every position.  That shit was coaching.

No, we don't have better athletes all over the field.  We're just familiar with ours.  

And I agree, that was terrible coaching from he who smugly fellates himself and talks shit when questioned about his horrid offensive staff and strategy.

4 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

I think our best move would be to act like this strip club revelation is some earth shattering shit and fire him with that as an excuse. Saves us 1.5 years of wasted time. 

At the very least I think it makes him guilty of dishonesty. He tried to distance himself from ZS and act like he was just a former coworker when they were titty bar bros

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

I never thought I’d be on this bandwagon so quickly. It seems irrational in every way. But I don’t see how he can possibly come back from that one. Maryland lost 66-3 to penn state last year, and they’re in the middle of a fucking national scandal. This ranks up there with the KU loss IMO.

Maryland won 4 games last season.  

One was us, and one was a 1-AA team.  

They lost to fucking Rutgers last season.

They currently don't have a head coach because he created "a toxic environment" that killed one of their players.

And Tom Herman's team lost to this team, again.

• Like 2

Just now, Neonmoon said:

There are so many indefensible coaching decisions 

porter playing at all. 

Constantly abandoning anything that works on offense. 

3rd & 19

Constantlh giving up 3rd and longs 

Zero improvement from the offense. EVER

Or giving Keontay more carries....he was averaging 6 and poof..off to the bench he goes

This was a coaching lost.  Just like last year.  CDC  need to go get the buy out money lined up.  That was pathetic.  Not the loss,  but JFC,  Porter in the fourth quarter.  lateral passing again, and again,  and one more time for good f'ing measure?   RU Shitting me?  After what we say from the freshman?

7 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Nah, they had as many or more players than we did, and they've made that clear two years in a row.

Maybe on the field since we trot guys like Porter out when we have a back averaging 6.2 ypc sitting on the bench all second half. 

They don't have better atheletes, just better coaching.  We saw tempo with an explosive back and some medium passes work.  We saw pounding them with a couple new backs really work well too.  So we do something else instead. 

Jesus you fucks who want to bring back Mack are complete idiots. He is the reason we are still in this mess now. Same ol' same ol' shit from the curdled milk he let fester on the shelf -- no OL, no QBs. I supported Charlie to the bitter end because I realized that, and I still support Herman because I realize that. Mack turned the very same great program he created into a smoking dungheap from 2009 until we finally canned his ass.

Holy mother of God -- nobody on the planet wants to hire Mack except some of you sad sack simpletons. There's a reason he doesn't have a job now and it's not because Sally's cookies went stale. 

We'd have been lucky to win three games a year with the way he was recruiting towards the end. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Jesus you fucks who want to bring back Mack are complete idiots. He is the reason we are still in this mess now. Same ol' same ol' shit from the curdled milk he let fester on the shelf -- no OL, no QBs. I supported Charlie to the bitter end because I realized that, and I still support Herman because I realize that. Mack turned the very same great program he created into a smoking dungheap from 2009 until we finally canned his ass.

Holy mother of God -- nobody on the planet wants to hire Mack except some of you sad sack simpletons. There's a reason he doesn't have a job now and it's not because Sally's cookies went stale. 

We'd have been lucky to win three games a year with the way he was recruiting towards the end. 

bringing Mack back never was the answer but he is not the reason we are in eternal hell.  

My liver can't take another year of this shit. I'm done. Back to scheduling 10 mile runs during Longhorn games. I'd rather come back spent in a positive way & hear we won a game unexpectedly than waste another 4 hours in my pub with people saying "WTF is happening, we've got no business losing to these clowns?"

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I get you hate Mack with an unhealthy passion but he is clearly an improvement over the last 2 fuckwads we have had.  

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

bringing Mack back never was the answer but he is not the reason we are in eternal hell.  

It sure as fuck as. Every coach since him has had to throw true freshmen into the fire at key positions like QB, OL and DB. True blue blood programs are redshirting guys even 4- and 5-stars at those positions and we are just tossing them out there year after year. They lose confidence and desire and then we wonder why they weren't "coached up."

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It sure as fuck as. Every coach since him has had to throw true freshmen into the fire at key positions like QB, OL and DB. True blue blood programs are redshirting guys even 4- and 5-stars at those positions and we are just tossing them out there year after year. They lose confidence and desire and then we wonder why they weren't "coached up."

Mack let the well run dry

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic