Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Thanks but no. He's had 2 games before this to see the writing on the wall. That he hasn't pulled the trigger says all we need to know about him, he won't make the tough call. So it's time to be rid of this guy.

It’s almost like you have no knowledge about how this works. Dumbass.

No Accountability. The worst part is no actual coaching. Anyone ever see a coach dig into someone for making a stupid mistake? I don’t. That’s probably why you see our kick returners still trying to take it out of the endzone 7 yards deep or having punt returners who can’t actually catch. 

Hermans offense has sputtered into a predictable mess. We have zero running game. Every single player other than Duvernay has regressed. Sam can’t hid the broad side of a fucking barn but we keep underthrowing deep 50/50 balls hoping for a miracle. Then running that slow developing sideways run that always gets stuffed. 

Ive never seen an offense go from reliable to babyshit in a shorter amount of time. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don't think we blow them out or anything, we just win shootouts with Shane tossing the pig skin. CJ would be having a huge year with the touch Shane puts on the deep balls. 

Lol wtf are you talking about? In this alternate universe that you're speaking of, is CJ not injured. Does he also run a 4.5? Because neither is true in our current reality.

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What are you talking about? This wasn’t some situation where we were good and slipped up against a worse team. It was basically a pick’em against a shitty team and they beat us by double digits.

We suck. We’re a really bad football team. We’re you under the impression we weren’t?

TCU lost by 25 to ISU. They’re a trash team with a good defense. Texas should beat that team. We let a freshman QB destroy us.

1 minute ago, texashorn13 said:

I wish I could hear the questions in this PC because his answers are full of excuses. And he’s getting kind of testy. 

he's a bitch and a fraud.  people get testy when they are exposed as frauds, the bitch part just makes it more entertaining.

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Man. You’re not paying attention. You need to see 3 more losses to start to understand the situation. 

Oh I’m paying attention. We are a mediocre program with a mediocre coach and mediocre coordinators. We had a QB save our program last year. 

Just now, mdmost said:

Oh I’m paying attention. We are a mediocre program with a mediocre coach and mediocre coordinators. We had a QB save our program last year. 

No I just think you saw the #15 next to our name and thought that meant something. We are the team that needed a last second field goal to beat Kansas at home. We are the team that just lost by 10 to a terrible TCU team.

stop disrespecting mediocre teams everywhere by using that adjective to describe us. We’re garbage.

Should've let LSU have Herman, they'd be 4th at best in the SEC West under his tutelage. He'll never turn Texas into an elite program. Herman has had at least one WTF game every season coaching here. In 2017 it was Maryland and Tech. In 2018 it was Maryland and Ok St in 2019 it was TCU and nearly KU.

Edited by Chad

Charlie was a defensive coordinator and as the head coach I expected bad ass defenses like Paterson has bad he didn’t and got fired.

tom is a offensive coordinator and I expect him to have offenses that are well coached and score a lot and we get worse every week. He should be on the hot seat if we go 2-2 down the stretch and end up 6-5.

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Charlie was a defensive coordinator and as the head coach I expected bad ass defenses like Paterson has bad he didn’t and got fired.

tom is a offensive coordinator and I expect him to have offenses that are well coached and score a lot and we get worse every week. He should be on the hot seat if we go 2-2 down the stretch and end up 6-5.

2-2 looks like best case scenario to me. Baylor and Iowa State will rape us and Kansas State has well-coached players that don’t piss down their leg. 1-3 seems more likely than 2-2 to me.

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

No Accountability. The worst part is no actual coaching. Anyone ever see a coach dig into someone for making a stupid mistake? I don’t.  

Yes, this is my biggest gripe.  So much repeated stupidity.  Every game multiple personal fouls/an ejection from players selfishly going for their WWF highlight reel instead of playing smart.  And he seems fine with that.  I don't want to hear the BS about "yeah but they play with passion and intensity", that isn't mutually exclusive from playing smart.

Edited by clapclapclap

This is what we get for not adhering to our principles. Herman should have been told "either Horny goes or you both go," damn the consequences. And then, if Herman caved, he should've been forced to explain why he ever thought hiring the guy was OK in the first place. This is the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS. It's not OU, Ohio State, or fucking aggy. Rape apologists and people who protect and employ them do not belong here. Period.  I'll keep cheering for the kids, but Herman is fucking dead to me.

It's a stance I should have taken the second Herman hired Horny and then refused to ditch him with a justification of "I'm smart and you're not."

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Honestly.  Does anyone think Coach O is this good of a coach?  Of course not.  

He’s just there as the Cajun figurehead.

But they surrounded him with badass coordinators.

That simple.

I’m going to have to disagree with this. Yeah, I know all the funny shit about Marbles, but look at his career. Sure the ol miss run sucked. But everyone sucks at ol miss unless they buy a few Larry Tinsal’s.

His run at SC was going pretty well. But let us be honest. Was it his coaching ability that didn’t get him the SC job or their (USC) bias? 

I think he is good at identifying what works and what doesn’t. And knows who can coach. Not to mention he didn’t blink when he had to face the very guy that was offered the job first. I mean what do you say if LSU runs the table? That he had nothing to do with it? Get the fuck outta here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I’m going to have to disagree with this. Yeah, I know all the funny shit about Marbles, but look at his career. Sure the ol miss run sucked. But everyone sucks at ol miss unless they buy a few Larry Tinsal’s.

His run at SC was going pretty well. But let us be honest. Was it his coaching ability that didn’t get him the SC job or their (USC) bias? 

I think he is good at identifying what works and what doesn’t. And knows who can coach. Not to mention he didn’t blink when he had to face the very guy that was offered the job first. I mean what do you say if LSU runs the table? That he had nothing to do with it? Get the fuck outta here.

The Coach O/Tom Herman situation reminds me of the Mack Brown/Barnett situation, but this time we picked the hot name and someone else got the CEO of dubious intelligence.

similar results too

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The Coach O/Tom Herman situation reminds me of the Mack Brown/Barnett situation, but this time we picked the hot name and someone else got the CEO of dubious intelligence.

similar results too

I wish we had hired coach O I would've skipped watching every game since then

22 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Actually you’re right, the other deciding factor may just be Joe Burrow.

Edited by Rip76

who knew that Brewer was the key to our running game?

CDC needs to start rallying the big money.  year 3 and regressing says this ain't the guy.  the last 30-40 years of college football history bears this out over and over again.

Herman doesn't have the stones to make the necessary changes and have to god forbid "realign" everyone.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas