Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Well no more money is rolling in from me. I’m done. No more longhorn foundation. No more business school and engineering school donations. No more season tickets. No more eyeballs to sell for the next tv contract. I’m done. Did the same thing with the cowboys and my life is way better. Who needs it. Cheating programs. Coaching frauds. Players demanding paydays. Outrageous coaching salaries. It isn’t going to be my money paying for any of it. I’m done.

Bully for you. Good choice. 

I haven’t given a penny to the athletic department since I graduated and I don’t ever plan to. Fuck that money machine. 

• Like 1

If one good thing came from today’s game is the entire sports media is hammering Mensa and his staff.   Even the Baghdad Bob types who were hesitant to go there are letting it rip.   Now if they could just let rip and the the press conference on a Monday and at any CDC press availability chance, this would be a good thing. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think he's every bit as overmatched as Charlie.

I believe he is. But I don't blame mensa for the situation. The UT power brokers keep failing with bone-headed coaching decisions.  Tom will have more than enough money for life to act as arrogant as he wants.

Edited by Shaggy3.0

Just now, Shaggy3.0 said:

I believe he is. But I don't blame mensa for the situation. The UT power brokers keep failing with coaching decisions.  Tom will have more than enough money for life to act as arrogant as he wants.

Why would you not blame him for failing? He had a blank checkbook to hire the best staff he could build and he failed miserably at assembling an elite staff.

on college game day they were interviewing oregeron and asking him about the biggest things he’s learned as a head coach:

hire the best people you can and get out of their way.

thats basically the exact opposite of what Herman did.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Well no more money is rolling in from me. I’m done. No more longhorn foundation. No more business school and engineering school donations. No more season tickets. No more eyeballs to sell for the next tv contract. I’m done. Did the same thing with the cowboys and my life is way better. Who needs it. Cheating programs. Coaching frauds. Players demanding paydays. Outrageous coaching salaries. It isn’t going to be my money paying for any of it. I’m done.

Now, wait just a minute, fine sir.  Can we talk first?

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Even though we're likely only winning 7 games tops this season, I doubt CDC will fire Herman. That sucks. 

Depends on how the team finishes. I give Herm a sixty percent chance of keeping his job with a mediocre finish. If the team gives up and it is a disaster (please, please) that percentage drops to 30, and will hinge on who is available and interested.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Depends on how the team finishes. I give Herm a sixty percent chance of keeping his job with a mediocre finish. If the team gives up and it is a disaster (please, please) that percentage drops to 30, and will hinge on who is available and interested.

everyone will be interested, its good for agents and coaches.  the question is do we have the stones to actually go get the guy we want regardless of price.

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I think he'll rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic for one season before he's gone. 2020 will be his last if he can't right the ship (he can't). Sadly that Sugar Bowl win bought him until then, even though we backed into the bowl and still lost 4 games (3 of which we shouldn't have). 

• Like 1

for 9 years people ask me if they think we will win and for 9 years my answer has been the same(assuming its not rice, etc).  "maybe, I will be pleasantly surprised if we do".

for 9 years, every fucking game, against any opponent with a pulse.

We have had ZERO leadership in the athletic dept for 9 years.  CDC has the chance to make a difference.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

7-5. Tech is really bad. Hell, while unlikely, it wouldn't shock me if they beat Baylor. Anything from here on out this year is too little too late though. Season's over.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Texas beat KU by 2 points, Tech being bad is irrelevant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AeroHorn said:

All data points to Tom Herman being a coward, his offense starting slowly, defense playing way off the line, turtling as soon as he has a lead, etc. We got fooled by couple of big wins in his career because he was an underdog and didn't have anything to lose to be afraid of. Combine this with poor preparation, and we have wins only due to athletic superiority.

just like in the good old days.

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

This is going to seem reactionary but his name was tossed around when Herman got hired: Matt Campbell. He would murder it here.

You don't know that. Tom and Charlie both did very well at smaller programs, and yet their success elsewhere didn't translate to much at Texas. Our next hire should be someone with a proven record at a major program.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas