Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

29 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

It's piss, and it will always be piss.

The only reason this team is competitive is Sam. His passion is all that has kept this bullshit afloat, and it makes me sad to see his heart crushed by the incompetence of the sytem that is Texas football.

It’s amazing how Sam is untouchable here.  

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

It’s amazing how Sam is untouchable here.  

His spirit and Colt's, Earl's , and Vince's spirit is what UT makes money off of.

It is disgusting the way it has been monetized into the shit show we have now.

The soul of Texas football is dying.

A God damned actor on sidelines?

What in the actual fuck is a minister of go fuck yourself Mcconahey bullshit?

Fuuuuuu

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 3

the truth is that in a healthy program with real coaches Sam Ehlinger is good enough last year and this year to win your conference and if the chips fall right get to the CFP.

the problem is we have a shitshow on D for 2 years and surprisingly the OL has regressed some.  He has to be playing lights out for us to win.  THAT is all on Tom Herman.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Hes a top 5 qb in program history

what the fuck are u talking about. If he played for lincoln riley, he’d be going to new  york this year

Recruits read this board, posting things like this isn't the best idea. Although in your defense it is in Fire Tom Herman thread so its fair game.

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Recruits read this board, posting things like this isn't the best idea. Although in your defense it is in Fire Tom Herman thread so its fair game.

Welcome to the board. Blacklab's comped recruit accounts are limited to our politics, hobbies and it's piss forums. 

Edited by Goodman

27 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Recruits are more swayed by the fact that ou, osu, and alabama routinely churn out championships and send tons of players to the NFL.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I can admit to being wrong, but I thought it was Dodds calling him about coaches and then once we knew he was "available" he was the only choice.

Well, It could be Stockholm syndrome from hearing Bill Little beating that story to death during the baseball broadcasts...

The fact that Oklahoma has been a superior program to ours, by every single metric, for going on the last 20+ years (meaning, the entire lifetime of every single recruit, including grad transfers)...is probably hurting us slightly more than this message board is.  Our entire mantra is that Texas high school football is super special, so any dipshit with a whistle and tight shorts can coach a good group of 'em towards some serious hardware.  Turns out that hasn't been true since Fred Akers. 

So we should probably start looking into getting our shit together, starting with jettisoning Tom Herman back to wherever underachieving, semi-fraudulent (but very smart) white people go here in Austin?  Might I suggest World Class Capital ??

Single handedly?  You keep saying that term, but I do not think that term means what you think it means.  Are you aware of the garbage we've had on our OL, running game, tight end spots, much of the special teams, most of the defense, and all of the coaching staff the last 3 years?  And you're gonna use the term "Single-Handedly"?????  

8 hours ago, satyanash said:

Huh.

That's really interesting and shows you what a baby coach Herman is.  Really a ridiculous hire with a gossamer-thin resume.

That said, because of his baby-ness, he might be redeemable.

Also, probably something that ought to be a coach-hire metric:  has he ever fired anyone and what were the circumstances.  That consideration could tell you an awful lot about a coach.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John Smith2 said:

fyar mack brown

fyar charlie stong

fyar tom herman 

maybe the texas program ain't that good? Gameday crew alluded to this....

Oh suck a dick.  

Gibbs.

Schnellenberger.

Blake.

What comes around goes around and schadenfreude is a fucking bitch.  If little Lincoln gets snatched up by the NFL, you never know where you might end up.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

It was never going to be any other way. I don't know why any of you ever thought Herman was out.

this actually makes him safe for 2 years, barring a Charlie like 5-7 loss to KU, we are going to have to offer 2 year guaranteed contracts to OC/DC.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, TwiceHorn said:

That's really interesting and shows you what a baby coach Herman is.  Really a ridiculous hire with a gossamer-thin resume.

And one doesn't question a Gossamer.  

This is the shit I've never understood.  When the HC fires to save his ass, he's hiring guys that know about it.  They know that they'll live or die by his next 1 or 2 seasons, and if a negative result (which is routinely the case), he's gone and so are they.  If you're a single guy, no family and no ties, then fuck it sure sign me up.  Most of the top guys in position to get hired though, I'm guessing they've got families and shit.  If you're joining a coach with a 5 yr contract and he fucks up by year 2 or 3, so be it, that's just shitty luck.  But when you know there's a good chance of turnover in a year or two, how attractive is that position to most of the best available??

9 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

This is the shit I've never understood.  When the HC fires to save his ass, he's hiring guys that know about it.  They know that they'll live or die by his next 1 or 2 seasons, and if a negative result (which is routinely the case), he's gone and so are they.  If you're a single guy, no family and no ties, then fuck it sure sign me up.  Most of the top guys in position to get hired though, I'm guessing they've got families and shit.  If you're joining a coach with a 5 yr contract and he fucks up by year 2 or 3, so be it, that's just shitty luck.  But when you know there's a good chance of turnover in a year or two, how attractive is that position to most of the best available??

Maybe you should ask Bo

11 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

guaranteed contracts 

On 12/1/2019 at 4:42 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Oh suck a dick.  

Gibbs.

Schnellenberger.

Blake.

What comes around goes around and schadenfreude is a fucking bitch.  If little Lincoln gets snatched up by the NFL, you never know where you might end up.

Could be a John Blake right around gooner corner...Karma.

45 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

They know that the bar might be pretty low if their predecessor just got fired for doing a shitty job, so if they come in and kick ass, it's gonna be noticed....and if the HC is canned, it's possible they might replace said coach, and if said coach is still around, other teams may notice the great job they do and hire them away to a better job/situation.

Edited by Let 'Em Hang

On 12/1/2019 at 4:42 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Oh suck a dick.  

Gibbs.

Schnellenberger.

Blake.

LOL, the tired karma argument in college athletics.  I can assure you Bama wouldn't have a billion championships if 'deserve' has got anything to do with it.  That guy you replied to is a troll so I get the reply...but there's countless posts on here debating whether or not Texas wants to fully commit to winning vs trying to be the good guys and win.  UT has a fairly top notch academic institution to be proud of.  They're competing in football where 95% of those places don't have that pedigree.  I feel like UF is the one example of a really good school that's willing to do whatever the fuck to win at football.  Are there others?  And they're SEC so...

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Edit: How the fuck did UF pass UT in so many of these rankings? Guess I'm officially a no nothing old...

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

You have the right idea, but it scares you to death.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, the tired karma argument in college athletics.  I can assure you Bama wouldn't have a billion championships if 'deserve' has got anything to do with it.  That guy you replied to is a troll so I get the reply...but there's countless posts on here debating whether or not Texas wants to fully commit to winning vs trying to be the good guys and win.  UT has a fairly top notch academic institution to be proud of.  They're competing in football where 95% of those places don't have that pedigree.  I feel like UF is the one example of a really good school that's willing to do whatever the fuck to win at football.  Are there others?  And they're SEC so...

Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Stanford, Wisconsin and Florida all ranked way higher than UT in academics and are doing better in football. It is possible. Those people that claim whether Texas wants to do better or commit to winning are just experiencing sour grapes because of the underperformance they've seen over the years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Stanford, Wisconsin and Florida all ranked way higher than UT in academics and are doing better in football. It is possible. Those people that claim whether Texas wants to do better or commit to winning are just experiencing sour grapes because of the underperformance they've seen over the years. 

WI?  Had no clue they’re top tier in academics   

And of others you named I feel only USC would hire Urban (Other than FL who I noted).  

But I agree with it being seen as an excuse to some extent.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

WI?  Had no clue they’re top tier in academics   

And of others you named I feel only USC would hire Urban (Other than FL who I noted).  

But I agree with it being seen as an excuse to some extent.  

After top 10 no one knows or cares about where a university ranks in academics. If you're good enough, you're good enough to succeed no matter what public school you went to. YOU, yourself are a great example of that. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas