Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

On 12/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

You see, I know a thing or two about medicine.  If you show me a 300 LB chick who can hold her breath for 3 full seconds, I’ll buy you her ass AND pussy for $20.  

Why would he want you to buy him his 300 lb sister's ass and pussy? Seems to me he should be able to get it for free, being family and all. 

Since the admin fucked this up again the best thing we can hope for is for Urban to be available and things to go south quick. We need the decision makers to get so tired of Texas being a joke and them being the reason for it that they put their bullshit perception compass away and do what it takes to win at the highest level in big boy sports.

If they won't then let's just be Princeton and stop bitching.

• Like 2

I gotta say, waking up this AM knowing Baylor is one win away from a Big 12 championship and playoff birth takes my Fire Tom Herman rage meter up to 11.
This guy is a fucking fraud.

I hope they do win so it ratchets up the pressure on Herman. Plus fuck ou. Baylor disgusts me for several reasons but I still hope they beat the gobblers.

23 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I don't think there would be nearly as much vitriol at the moment had we not all been drinking the kool aid.

The fact of the matter is that if TH had been doing his job the first two years it was perfectly reasonable to be expecting big things in year 3.  Most coaching regimes that are going to be successful show it by year 3 or earlier.

3 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

A couple of our dbs would if they had a top-3 quality position coach.

Green will be good by the time he graduates. Sterns and Foster will be good. The issue with all of them is that they are young and are in a scheme that puts too much pressure on the dbs. It is not coaching. Jamison will be okay but he is short and Cook, well at least he was ranked high as a recruit.

Green will be good by the time he graduates. Sterns and Foster will be good. The issue with all of them is that they are young and are in a scheme that puts too much pressure on the dbs. It is not coaching. Jamison will be okay but he is short and Cook, well at least he was ranked high as a recruit.
Open field tackling is coaching. Scheme is also coaching, albeit not on the position coach. My point is that those guys have the talent to play lights out, and our coaching staff is a big reason for their struggles.
  • Like 1

Just now, Mikey4 said:
2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Open field tackling is coaching. Scheme is also coaching, albeit not on the position coach. My point is that those guys have the talent to play lights out, and our coaching staff is a big reason for their struggles.

It depends. If I was running full speed directly at a defensive back standing still, there is very little chance that he could tackle me. The chances are about equal to a soccer player trying to stop a penalty kick. A good portion of our missed tackles were in the open field. Those tackles are nearly impossible against a D1 running back or WR. You have to put players in position to make those tackles. We weren't doing that.

And to compound things, we had players second guessing other players and getting themselves caught out of position. And injuries caused even more problems. With age these guys will improve. Washington and Navier aren't really to blame. Blame the defensive coordinator.

9 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

what's a T-ring?

jpeg

https://www.texaslsn.org/t-ring/

The T-Ring was first introduced to Texas athletics during Coach Royals first season as head coach at Texas (1957).   Royal created the unique award to recognize the student-athlete who lettered and graduated from UT.  

Head coach Mack Brown embraced that tradition when he arrived at Texas in 1998 and  continued to stress its importance, often stating that the Texas experience is not complete without the T-Ring. "We're really excited about how hard our guys work in the classroom," said Brown. "Seeing them earn their degrees and pick up their T-Rings is as rewarding as all of the victories they've helped us get on the field."

Edith Royal Said Coach Royal Got The Idea For The "T" Ring From His Idol, Oklahoma Coach Bud Wilkinson, Who Wore A Block "O" Ring For Oklahoma. Royal Mirrored This OU Tradition By Designing A "T" Ring To Present To All Graduating Letterman.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3

For a laugh and fun Surly fodder...

Just now on Colin Cowturd, Colin was discussing with Doug Gottlieb a wild possibility of Saban as next Dallas Cowboys Head Coach😂😂

Gottlieb said no way at Dallas... then for fun mentioned maybe Saban to Texas in a year because the Longhorns might be looking for a new Head coach...

You're welcome Surly!!

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas