Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

The finger thing isn't a big deal on its own. If, when asked, he was just honest and said he was joking around with his staff, did something dumb, understands it's a bad look, apologized, won't do it again... it's a non-story.

But I think we all know it'll instead turn into some bizarre rationalization of how he did nothing wrong and anyone with any kind of misgivings has ptsd or something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Don’t sugar coat this at all. If this was Lincoln Riley you and everyone else on here would be burning down a thread about ousux this/that and etc.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

“I took the double bird to be directed at the Fanbase....”

“Also curious what CDC will make Tom say after the double bird to the camera?”

This was exactly my thoughts when I saw it. I thought he was telling his detractors to “Fuck Off’”.   What a petulant little child he is.

And I, too, wonder what his boss had to say about it.  Certainly, someone’s brought it to his attention.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, B00M said:

What's your wife with 2 young kids look like in a random pic? 

Who's saying anything negative about his wife? We've all agreed to pork her. The argument was that Galindo could not be fired because of this piece of ass, which is clearly not true.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Who's saying anything negative about his wife? We've all agreed to pork her. The argument was that Galindo could not be fired because of this piece of ass, which is clearly not true.

It was not an argument for not firing him.  It’s the Christmas season and I was trying to look for something nice to say about him.  It was not a actual argument.  

Don’t sugar coat this at all. If this was Lincoln Riley you and everyone else on here would be burning down a thread about ousux this/that and etc.

If it was Lincoln Riley I'd probably never know about it until it got turned into a dick related gif.

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Not As laughable as your ignorAnt support of a program that is in a dire valley of mediocrity.  The complacency in just his third year across the entire adminstration from athletics to the Tower is palpable. 

the last ten years is our new normal 

There’s literally no basis behind this statement. The evidence we have of Herman after a disappointing season was 2018 when we won the Sugar Bowl. We have no evidence to suggest he won’t turn it around.

8 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

There’s literally no basis behind this statement. The evidence we have of Herman after a disappointing season was 2018 when we won the Sugar Bowl. We have no evidence to suggest he won’t turn it around.

Are you absolutely sure we have no evidence?   We don’t have things like the 2019 football season or the 2020 coaching situation?  Or the impending seven and six results that should be arriving quite soon from San Antonio?  These are all heavily heavily indicative of pieces of evidence that in your opinion are never going to arrive on our 40 acres? 

I applaud your seven-year-old optimismI applaud your seven-year-old optimism

4 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Mocking other teams players on the field - check.

[IMG]

Yelling at opposing coaches at midfield- check.

[IMG]

Behaving like a troglodyte before games - check

[IMG]

Flipping off our network cameras, directed perhaps at our former players - check.

[IMG]

I am fine with all of this as long as we are winning 7 games a year!

The head-butting thing is the epitome of phony clown - Herman trying to prove he is in tune with his players and energized to the hilt but only serving to show that he is desperately in over his head and has no idea what to do or which way to turn.  

• Like 4

I think some have it wrong on 2020. The talent is there to luck into 10-2, and maybe better. That's actually kind of the real problem. We might be putting off separating ourselves from this clown until after a 6-8 win 2021. Hell, if he goes 10-2 in '20 and 8-4 in '21, he may simply be back on the hotseat in '22.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

He’s already won 10 games

There's always that one guy clinging to hope when everyone else knows the guy isn't the guy and needs to be fired.

Yea he won 10 and lost 4 in the same year and followed that up with a shitty 7 win season.

You said name 6 losses, well we almost lost to Kansas so that a possibility and LSU, OU, Baylor for sure and every other game(okie lite, tcu, iowa st) with Herman is a fucking coin flip so why don't you name us 10 FUR SURE wins? Since you think winning 10 next season isn't a hard thing to accomplish?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Enlighten me on six teams we’re losing to next year

The 5 teams we lost to plus anyone of the teams we beat by one score? Not saying it'll happen but holy fuck. You're almost as arrogant as our coach if you think our designed "win by one more point than the other team" can't possibly blow 6 games next year. It can happen

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

There's always that one guy clinging to hope when everyone else knows the guy isn't the guy and needs to be fired.

Yea he won 10 and lost 4 in the same year and followed that up with a shitty 7 win season.

You said name 6 losses, well we almost lost to Kansas so that a possibility and LSU, OU, Baylor for sure and every other game(okie lite, tcu, iowa st) with Herman is a fucking coin flip so why don't you name us 10 FUR SURE wins? Since you think winning 10 next season isn't a hard thing to accomplish?

You’re right we should fire every coach that has a disappointing season. 

8 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

The 5 teams we lost to plus anyone of the teams we beat by one score? Not saying it'll happen but holy fuck. You're almost as arrogant as our coach if you think our designed "win by one more point than the other team" can't possibly blow 6 games next year. It can happen

You’re operating under the assumption that we won’t improve at all in the offseason. Just an overall improvement of talent will get us win over TCU and Iowa St. 

46 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Enlighten me on six teams we’re losing to next year

LSU, OKL, ISU, BAY, OSU, and the bowl opponent.  And I'm not even trying to analyze.  He sucks as much as you do.  

29 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

You’re right we should fire every coach that has a disappointing season. 

Ok so you can’t name 10 for sure wins? That’s what I thought.

And yes he’s had 3 years and followed up a 10 win season with another 7 win season at a school that I thought wanted to win championships. If we were at Iowa st then yea you don’t fire him and hope he can fix it. 

Damn you got that Herman dick way up your ass. There’s always one though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JMFP said:
58 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:
How? Ten wins in the regular season last year would of won us the Big 12

You were in the conference championship last year and lost so 10-2 last year wouldn't have ment dick. This year 10-2 would have gotten you 3rd place.

How is this if one of the loses is to LSU????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

You’re operating under the assumption that we won’t improve at all in the offseason. Just an overall improvement of talent will get us win over TCU and Iowa St. 

Fucking hell. We just need to improve the talent to beat TCU and Iowa St? That’s asking a lot of program like ours I mean TCU and Iowa St are recruiting machines and talent juggernauts how much longer does Tom Herman’s needs to stack enough talent to go toe to toe with power house like that?

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you consistently use this to refer to OU when you use the standard acronyms for everyone else?

I was using three-letter acronyms for the other schools like LSU, BAY, OSU, ISU, et. al.  I like synergy when typing I guess.  Plus the University of Oklahoma being called O.U. just celebrates stupidity.  The official title of the school is not Oklahoma University.  There's a West Virginia University, a New York University, and an Indiana University.  But there is not an Oklahoma University.  There is, however, a school in Norman, OK that has an incredibly difficult time with letters, spelling, and words.  

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ok so you can’t name 10 for sure wins? That’s what I thought.

And yes he’s had 3 years and followed up a 10 win season with another 7 win season at a school that I thought wanted to win championships. If we were at Iowa st then yea you don’t fire him and hope he can fix it. 

Damn you got that Herman dick way up your ass. There’s always one though.

Strawman argument dude. We’re just as likely to win 10 games next year as we are to lose 6. To suggest that it’s absurd that we win 10 next year is silly. You’re the only one that mentioned 10 for sure wins. 

You’re right tho we should fire him. You win. Let’s fire every coach that doesn’t win 10 games yearly. Herman’s literally done everything in the offseason Texas fans were bitching about and were still bitching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Are you suggesting that winning is hard?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I was using three-letter acronyms for the other schools like LSU, BAY, OSU, ISU, et. al.  I like synergy when typing I guess.  Plus the University of Oklahoma being called O.U. just celebrates stupidity.  The official title of the school is not Oklahoma University.  There's a West Virginia University, a New York University, and an Indiana University.  But there is not an Oklahoma University.  There is, however, a school in Norman, OK that has an incredibly difficult time with letters, spelling, and words.  

Do you know someone named Randolph Duke, perchance?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Strawman argument dude. We’re just as likely to win 10 games next year as we are to lose 6. To suggest that it’s absurd that we win 10 next year is silly. You’re the only one that mentioned 10 for sure wins. 

You’re right tho we should fire him. You win. Let’s fire every coach that doesn’t win 10 games yearly. Herman’s literally done everything in the offseason Texas fans were bitching about and were still bitching.

Yes we should fire a coach in YEAR 3 that just let Baylor pass him up. The only one that’s absurd is your dumb ass. I think we have plenty of evidence to know we will never win a title with Herman so again unless your bar is Iowa st and are fine with 7 wins then 10(4 losses) then another 7 wins then cool. 

3 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

He’s already won 10 games

10 wins should be the fucking floor at Texas. We have way too many resources to not be on OU and Ohio states level every single year, even if we lose literally every single starter. Fuck outta here with this “he’s already won 10 games, so he’s the right guy” bullshit.

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

Fucking hell. We just need to improve the talent to beat TCU and Iowa St? That’s asking a lot of program like ours I mean TCU and Iowa St are recruiting machines and talent juggernauts how much longer does Tom Herman’s needs to stack enough talent to go toe to toe with power house like that?

It scares you to death.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas