Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

We played as bad as we could have and are down 2 at half. Is this some sort of miracle to come back from a 2 point deficit? 

Last year against Maryland we clawed our way back to within 3 in the 3rd quarter. Then they adjusted and pulled away. 

Maryland made plenty of lucky errors too. Dropping the handoff in the endzone and at least two dropped passes that otherwise were 1st downs. It's not a given at all that we'll win this.

Just now, satyanash said:

Last year against Maryland we clawed our way back to within 3 in the 3rd quarter. Then they adjusted and pulled away. 

Maryland made plenty of lucky errors too. Dropping the handoff in the endzone and at least two dropped passes that otherwise were 1st downs. It's not a given at all that we'll win this.

I never said it was a given but I do think we will win this game. 

4 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

For all the talk about Texas academics, we sure do have some stupid coaches.

Did we not turn around the 1st half by going up tempo and throwing the ball to our future NFL WR's?

Now we're back to running up the middle and throwing to a true freshman on 3rd down.  What the ever living F?

The great coaches say, "This is what we do well, and we're going to do it until you stop it."

We come out playing like pussies and try to mix things up.

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, The Golden Hat said:

Oh my bad I thought we were talking about firing our head coach in the first quarter of his second season.

I don’t take the thread title seriously. It’s just hyperbole for a vent and complain thread. And then when it is time for someone to be fired it works too. 

• Like 1

Well, while we're in a weather delay, I figured I'd come over here and bitch about the game and coaching.

How many stupid penalties have we had?

Why does Ingram come in and make a huge difference and then disappear to the bench?

On the opening 2nd half kickoff, why is our receiver diving onto the ground to catch a ball that is obviously going out of bounds?

Why did Herman himself say that he switched things up before half, leading to points...THEN go right back to the bullshit, slow paced, run up the middle crap that wasn't working during the first quarter and a half?

Is there some sort of quota system we're using for our receivers?  Right now, Moore has more passes his way than Duvernay, who made a hell of a catch on the TD.  I think Heard has had as many passes his way as LJH.

3rd and 19?  May cost us the game.

I know if we somehow pull a win, everyone will think this thread is stupid, but I’m officially on the fire Herman train. The team was woefully underprepared. In fact, they looked clueless and poorly coached. The offense is still a complete train wreck.  The defense actually looks bad too. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I know if we somehow pull a win, everyone will think this thread is stupid, but I’m officially on the fire Herman train. The team was woefully underprepared. In fact, they looked clueless and poorly coached. The offense is still a complete train wreck.  The defense actually looks bad too. 

I mean, I suppose he can come back from this, make staff changes, etc.  But this is really Strong 2.0.  Big strike against his being ready for prime time.

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I'd wait until the clock his 0:00. The remainder of the 4th will tell us a TON about the mettle of our players and our coaching staff. Maybe we pull the rabbit out of the hat and escape with an unlikely victory.

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

Watching everyone else play today and us. You can see what teams prepared in the offseason and practiced and which team (us) did not. We are going to get dry fucked the whole season.  

How about you shut the fuck up and find a new team to root for? 

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I'd wait until the clock his 0:00. The remainder of the 4th will tell us a TON about the mettle of our players and our coaching staff. Maybe we pull the rabbit out of the hat and escape with an unlikely victory.

If we win this, it will be nothing but putting lipstick on a pig.

We've already learned a bunch about the mettle of our coaching staff.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

His "my shit don't stink" attitude doesn't really align with the fly infested, finely coiled  pile of crap that is our team. Win lose or draw, doesn't really matter to me. No fucking way in hell Texas should ever be staring down a series sweep by f'n Maryland. I don't care that Strong "only" left you with top 25 recruiting classes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Did they really just say that Texas was ordering a bunch of pizzas during the rain delay?  Fucking pizzas?  Why not orange slices?  Why not both?  Jesus I know how I feel after eating a bunch of pizza.

Just came here to post this. Rumor is Maryland is on stationary bikes we are ordering pizzas. Moscow mules and ice cream cones 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic