Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

13 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

that goddamn game was a fred fucking akers special. that shit he ran right after the d forced a punt in the 4th was right out of the fred akers sweep right 4 times on the fucking ou goal line for no fucking gain to lose the game playbook.

time for this assclown to go.

the time was after the second Maryland loss.

28 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

This.  The dumb mother fucker passed up the field goal early, on the road, and it cost us the game.  He has no intuition for in game management.

And if he also kicked on 4th and goal in the 4th quarter we still lose, 23-20. Some of you get mad about the wrong stuff.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s Going to be really tough to get the best coordinators to come when it’s a desperation move.   The time to do it was after year one for OC and after last year for DC.  Of course, a really good HC would have made a better OC hire to begin with.  

History repeats. Mensa ain't so goddamn smart after all. Made the exact same mistake Charlie made. It's too late to get a top OC. We have to go after a top head coach who will, with any luck, bring his OC with him, or pull in a good one from somewhere else in the country. Herman is screwed. He screwed himself and wasted our precious time.. He's not football smart. He's average at best. Passing on third and one on a crucial drive. Going shotgun with one back on third and one. Fire his ass.

Almost never faking handoffs, especially when passing on first down when you'd get the maximum effect. No pump fakes. No pitch outs, no sweeps, no swings in the first half. The guy makes five mil a year - amateur hour. Pure amateur hour. Go find yourself a program where you can play SAn diego state every week.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 2

Mostly feel bad for the players.  Those dudes sold out and they were betrayed by a shit offensive game plan that didn’t account for an atrocious playing surface.  Finally adjusted after 29 minutes but then went back to the same shit game plan when we finally took the lead late.  I can excuse the stupid mistakes late in the game by the players.  Should not have been that close to begin with.  

7 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

History repeats. Mensa ain't so goddamn smart after all. Made the exact same mistake Charlie made. It's too late to get a top OC. We have to go after a top head coach who will, with any luck, bring his OC with him, or pull in a good one from somewhere else in the country. Herman is screwed. He screwed himself and wasted our precious time.. He's not football smart. He's average at best. Passing on third and one on a crucial drive. Going shotgun with one back on third and one. Fire his ass.

Almost never faking handoffs, especially when passing on first down when you'd get the maximum effect. No pump fakes. No pitch outs, no sweeps, no swings in the first half. The guy makes five mil a year - amateur hour. Pure amateur hour. Go find yourself a program where you can play SAn diego state every week.

Remember, this is the staff that isn't worried about tipping plays:

"As it was explained to me, an opposing team might have an idea what is coming seven out of 10 times. However, that team is not willing to risk giving up a touchdown on the other three plays when the unexpected occurs. 

In addition, I learned there is pride in the building about being able to impose their will. 

One source noted that Texas’ offense is ranked fourth in the country with a 53.7 percent passing completion rate. 

“You know what is?” the source said. “It is because Tom’s offense knows how to impose their f-ing will on other teams. That’s why. They do the same thing over and over again on third-down. Why? Because it works.”

6 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Mostly feel bad for the players.  Those dudes sold out and they were betrayed by a shit offensive game plan that didn’t account for an atrocious playing surface.  Finally adjusted after 29 minutes but then went back to the same shit game plan when we finally took the lead late.  I can excuse the stupid mistakes late in the game by the players.  Should not have been that close to begin with.  

I feel bad for the players too, especially the upperclassman.  They had to endure all the ra ra burnt biscuits and runny eggs shit, and all the nonsense about alignment and accountability, when it's clear there is no accountability at all in this program.  Herm and his staff are clueless and it's obvious to everyone at this point.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Texas' standard shouldn't be fighting for our lives EVERY game against KU, KSU, ISU. Hell even Tech, Baylor, and OkState shouldn't be a nail biter EVERY time.

this. year 3 and we are still shit.  I'm done.  it ain't happening.  hopefully CDC sees this as well.

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

You know what is?” the source said. “It is because Tom’s offense knows how to impose their f-ing will on other teams. That’s why. They do the same thing over and over again on third-down. Why? Because it works.”

Herman seems to believe this shit, which shows a shocking lack of self awareness. We haven't imposed our will on anyone this year. We put up points, at least early in the year, but even then we weren't mashing folks.

3 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

Baylor is going to win the conference again and probably go to the playoff after going 1-11 in 2017. Texas has never even sniffed the playoff. 

Maybe this will light a fire under the BMDs? Yeah right.

The BMD's just ponied up for an empty basketball arena and a partially empty stadium expansion.  LULZ.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Have you not been alive this whole decade?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We've maybe had 2-3 at a time, but not like this...it's getting hard to name Big 12 coaches not better than ours.

Edit:  Actually, I can't think of any.  

Edited by DixonHur

Damn, hearing Anwar describing players breaking shit in the locker room losing it makes me think Herman has lost this team.  This team is frustrated because they were promised that if they did what the coaches asked them to do, they would fucking win games.  Instead, the coaches put them in terrible situations with their gameplans and then douchebags like Mehringer berate the players during film session.  

• Like 2

There are 2 things clarify that Herman is a shitty head coach

so far Herman's team has NEVER had both the offense and defense play a full game at a high level.  one is always fucked up. 

way too many times the team we are playing rolls us on the first drive of the game and also the drive coming out at half. 

These 2 things are ALL about coaching and preparation

Both aggy and baylor have better coaches than we do and CDC is going to continue to let that happen because a) he has no balls and b) he is another dumbass AD who gave a shitty head coach an extension after he lost twice to Maryland.

Georgia much like Nebraska for Mackovic will be the highlight of his tenure.  I hope it is short. 

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

There are 2 things clarify that Herman is a shitty head coach

so far Herman's team has NEVER had both the offense and defense play a full game at a high level.  one is always fucked up. 

way too many times the team we are playing rolls us on the first drive of the game and also the drive coming out at half. 

These 2 things are ALL about coaching and preparation

Both aggy and baylor have better coaches than we do and CDC is going to continue to let that happen because a) he has no balls and b) he is another dumbass AD who gave a shitty head coach an extension after he lost twice to Maryland.

Georgia much like Nebraska for Mackovic will be the highlight of his tenure.  I hope it is short. 

All CDC cares about is dolla dolla bills. Winning is secondary. Just like his predecessor did.

Winning is not a priority for Bellmont.

Edited by Girdwood

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Damn, hearing Anwar describing players breaking shit in the locker room losing it makes me think Herman has lost this team.  This team is frustrated because they were promised that if they did what the coaches asked them to do, they would fucking win games.  Instead, the coaches put them in terrible situations with their gameplans and then douchebags like Mehringer berate the players during film session.  

I'm glad they are pissed.  at least they care.  their season just ended with losses to TCU and ISU.  schools they probably never even considered going to.

Mehringer is a grade A douche that unsurprisingly looks like the Webster's dictionary picture of a grade A douche.

maybe CDC will get just as mad that his student athletes are being led by a bunch of shitty coaches.  I don't expect him to break things in his office but make no mistake he has the power to fix it and its what he is paid for.  we will see what he is made of.

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I’m just happy the players still care.  But ya, they deserve better. 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm glad they are pissed.  at least they care.  their season just ended with losses to TCU and ISU.  schools they probably never even considered going to.

Mehringer is a grade A douche that unsurprisingly looks like the Webster's dictionary picture of a grade A douche.

maybe CDC will get just as mad that his student athletes are being led by a bunch of shitty coaches.  I don't expect him to break things in his office but make no mistake he has the power to fix it and its what he is paid for.  we will see what he is made of.

CDC does not care. As long as the money keeps rolling in, winning doesn’t matter. Win just enough to keep the steady stream of athletic revenue going strong and he is golden. 

Edited by Girdwood

Just now, Girdwood said:

CDC does not care. As long as the money keeps rolling in, winning doesn’t matter. Win just enough to keep the steady stream of athletic revenue going strong and he is golden. 

fair enough.  then on top of being a pussy he is a liar.

26 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Never thought I'd love to see the day there'd be 4+ coaches in the Big 12 better than Texas'

Umm, who is worse? No one is clearly worse. I'm not sure about Tech, KU, and WVU are unknowns and Patterson seems to be fading, but I'd say Herman's staff is in the  8 - 10 range in the league. Baylor, ISU, OU, OSU, and KSU are definitely ahead of us.

14 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

Winning teams make more money. It’s really that simple. 

I'm not typically a quick trigger on these things (held off on Strong longer than most). That said, I've seen enough, and if you haven't I'd genuinely like to know what it's gonna take.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh shit, when one of the level headed dudes bails we should all be concerned.

All data points to Tom Herman being a coward, his offense starting slowly, defense playing way off the line, turtling as soon as he has a lead, etc. We got fooled by couple of big wins in his career because he was an underdog and didn't have anything to lose to be afraid of. Combine this with poor preparation, and we have wins only due to athletic superiority.

Well no more money is rolling in from me. I’m done. No more longhorn foundation. No more business school and engineering school donations. No more season tickets. No more eyeballs to sell for the next tv contract. I’m done. Did the same thing with the cowboys and my life is way better. Who needs it. Cheating programs. Coaching frauds. Players demanding paydays. Outrageous coaching salaries. It isn’t going to be my money paying for any of it. I’m done.
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas