Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I think they cared, they were just insanely overrated. And they still are.

They spent the entire season expecting to be in the playoffs and dreaming of national championship.

And that dream was alive right up through the hail mary pass they threw with :03 left in the SECCG.  At which time everything they'd worked for the entire spring, summer and fall came crashing down in heartbreaking fashion.

But you think they cared a fuck about the Sugar Bowl.

• Like 2

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

I now fully believe they truly didn't give two shits about being there. It was a fun game, tho.

Now?  Lulz.   We knew that 10 minutes into the game.  Georgia had Bama beaten in the SEC title game and had a ticket to the Final 4.   Hurts somehow pulled that game out.  Till this day we're still not sure how that happened.  Neither does Georgia.  

Georgia had absolutely no interest in playing a consolation Sugar Bowl game.  Texas took advantage of it.  Those 2 teams play 10 times in 2018 and Georgia wins 9 of them.  There's no doubt there.

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

Now?  Lulz.   We knew that 10 minutes into the game.  Georgia had Bama beaten in the SEC title game and had a ticket to the Final 4.   Hurts somehow pulled that game out.  Till this day we're still not sure how that happened.  Neither does Georgia.  

Georgia had absolutely no interest in playing a consolation Sugar Bowl game.  Texas took advantage of it.  Those 2 teams play 10 times in 2018 and Georgia wins 9 of them.  There's no doubt there.

Well one way it happened was the WTF fake punt attempt.

They spent the entire season expecting to be in the playoffs and dreaming of national championship.
And that dream was alive right up through the hail mary pass they threw with :03 left in the SECCG.  At which time everything they'd worked for the entire spring, summer and fall came crashing down in heartbreaking fashion.

Fuck off aggy. You cock guzzlers talked shit about uga all off-season. How they diminished the sec brand by losing the sugar bowl. You dipshits talked smack about beating uga because well, if tu could it, so could you. How did that game turn out today? Did all that big man talk help you?

• Like 4

Just now, Shaggy3.0 said:

Fuck off aggy. You cock guzzlers talked shit about uga all off-season. How they diminished the sec brand by losing the sugar bowl. You dipshits talked smack about beating uga because well, if tu could it, so could you. How did that game turn out today? Did all that big man talk help you?

I'm stating facts.

You seem a little tense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Remind us how many BCS/CFB bowl era wins aggy has? 

time house GIF

Edited by Girdwood
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

I thought of a way mensa hasn't totally fucked us.  His pleas to play aggy in a regular series has not materialized.

Good lord, if he ever coached us to a humiliating loss against aggy (cuz you know he will), this shit would be burned to the ground.

Fire him before he has more opportunity to embarrass us. 

Just wait for the bowl game.

1 minute ago, Girdwood said:

Remind us how many BCS bowl wins aggy has?

2 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

I’m also stating facts. Big boy sec shit talking still got you beat.

None of this has anything to do with how motivated Georgia was for the Sugar Bowl.

Don't be so fragile.

Just now, Augustus said:

None of this has anything to do with how motivated Georgia was for the Sugar Bowl.

Don't be so fragile.

Actually, you don't have facts about uga's motivation for the sugar bowl. If you do, post non-texaggy/sec links.

For example, this is fact:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-vs-texas-a-m-score-takeaways-no-4-dawgs-defense-stands-tall-to-take-down-aggies/live/

I agree they're overrated, but I really think they mailed it in when they were left out of the playoffs. Regardless, I still believe we would beat them with their antiquated offense. 

Now you are just being crazed. They cared, they tried and they failed. They tried to rally and failed at that too even with some ref help and turtling Tom. They were shit talking Texas and claiming how they were going to prove the committee fucked up. Then they got the shit kicked out of them up and down the field.

That was a different team though. This team started strong in spite of the injuries. This team then imploded after everyone had film.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Actually, you don't have facts about uga's motivation for the sugar bowl. If you do, post non-texaggy/sec links.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-vs-texas-a-m-score-takeaways-no-4-dawgs-defense-stands-tall-to-take-down-aggies/live/

Son, if you continually change the subject, you're just waving a white flag in the debate.

I offer this instruction with your best interests at heart.

Interestingly, during the playoff era, 5th place teams are 1-4 in their bowl games.

You can have the last word.

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Now you are just being crazed. They cared, they tried and they failed. They tried to rally and failed at that too even with some ref help and turtling Tom. They were shit talking Texas and claiming how they were going to prove the committee fucked up. Then they got the shit kicked out of them up and down the field.

That was a different team though. This team started strong in spite of the injuries. This team then imploded after everyone had film.

Ah, you're right. I forgot about them shit talking on Twitter. That makes the win better now. But you're right, that was a different team, and apparently so are we. They would demolish us if we played again. 

• Like 1

All evidence points to the contrary. Georgia was motivated and thought they would roll. They said as much pre game, pre game week, game week, and in the post game the players and coaches said as much. They tried to rally and failed. The only ‘motivation’ talk came from morons. If you believe they didn’t care, then you are a fucking moron. No counter points needed.
  • Like 3

Herman is incapable of acting like a grownup.  It’s just embarrassing at this point.   It’s like he watches movies of how coaches are supposed to act instead of the real world.  
Hint: Nick Saban and Bill Belichick are famous for simply making players focus on process and doing their jobs, not for gimmicky bullshit.

I had a bad feeling after seeing his antics when beating Mizzou. The head butt shit was embarrassing today. Your second sentence is spot fucking on.

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

All evidence points to the contrary. Georgia was motivated and thought they would roll. They said as much pre game, pre game week, game week, and in the post game the players and coaches said as much. They tried to rally and failed. The only ‘motivation’ talk came from morons. If you believe they didn’t care, then you are a fucking moron. No counter points needed.

That's my point.  The sec excuse machine started after we kicked uga's ass.  Aggy is here to spew bullshit on the board. He's full of shit, just like the rest of them.

And hey, aggy couldn't beat uga like Texas afterall.  

Edited by Shaggy3.0
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Fromm was proven. Fields was not. Fields didn’t fit their scheme. They could not or did not want to adapt. Fromm took the, to their conf title game 2x. Hindsight and all that.

I agree with this, which is why I was confused when he committed to them after decommiting from Penn State. It seemed like a shitty fit. 

Ah, you're right. I forgot about them shit talking on Twitter. That makes the win better now. But you're right, that was a different team, and apparently so are we. They would demolish us if we played again. 

Shit that Texas team would demolish this one. This team seems like the strong team that celebrated getting bowl eligible, that team seemed like they wanted to improve from game to game. This team broke after OU.
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Well, thankfully Georgia didn't give a shit about that game.  So it was fun in New Orleans.  

While it lasted.

43 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I now fully believe they truly didn't give two shits about being there. It was a fun game, tho.

They're just not that good.  They lost to coach boom this year and only beat aggy today by 6.  They do have some kind of jedi mind trick in on florida though.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:41 PM, longhornmatt said:

It’s a sinking feeling when I realize I shouldn’t have complained so much about Mack Brown, even when it comes to his whiny ass press conferences.   He was better at just about everything than Herman, even (somehow) accepting blame.

Fuck that shit. Mack was done. Responsibility falls on those who hired the last two morons. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

They're just not that good.  They lost to coach boom this year and only beat aggy today by 6.  They do have some kind of jedi mind trick in on florida though.

They have that K-State shit against us, and us against Nebraska. It's cool, but for once I'd like to see Florida not shit the bed against those fucks. They're talented, but they just look so slow. I have no idea why any recruit other than RB's would want to play in that offense. Fromm is a freaking statue. If they tweaked their offense to fit Fields' strength, they would be a force to reckon with. But alas, they're stupid and tOSU is capitalizing on their stupidity and racist fans. 

My email to CDC....as if it means anything:

It’s Time

I know I don’t count for much, because I contribute and buy season tickets under my Dad and Mom, who are too elderly to attend many games...that said:

I assume you agree that there is ZERO evidence that Tom Herman has any ability to be the coach that the Texas Football program needs, and has done absolutely NOTHING to deserve keeping his job.

His team is an unmitigated failure on the field. He is almost universally despised by the fans. And he shows no signs of understanding the massive failure of his term to date.

The predictable and typical “next step” is for him to fire most if not all of his staff. But you know as well as I do that is just kicking the can down the road. That move NEVER works, and is nothing more than a sign of desperation from a coach that knows he’s DONE in a year, maybe two.

This isn’t Little League where “trying hard” counts for anything. I and others have to work our butts off and SUCCEED and be effective to earn the money we are paid. We also must produce results, and be accountable for falling short. Nowhere else in society is arrogance, non -performance and mediocrity rewarded with “untouchable” status, contract extensions and guaranteed millions and millions of dollars.

Bevo Boulevard and LCL are neat, and the South Endzone looks like it will be awesome. All of it will be nothing more than a Monument to Apathy and Mediocrity unless and until Tom Herman and his Not Ready for Prime Time staff are fired and sent back to the minor leagues.

Thanks in advance for making the tough decisions that need to be made to get our program “back”.

Hook ‘Em Horns,

[NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION]

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

No Urban. We need to run Air Raid with a run game, which is what Riley is doing. Urban will bring his shitty old offense.

The offense that was in the playoffs every year? Not to mention the other aspects of his teams that would absolutely kick the crap out of every other team in our conference?  He may be a miserable douche, but I could tolerate that for at least a little while.

I thought people were putting way too much weight on the sugar bowl but figured we’d split with ou and LSU, Lose one more along the way and make it back to the b12cg. I probably would have been fine with 3 losses but this is an embarrassment. Not just losing but getting dominated and regressing. 

• Like 1

Fire him. Sure we can wait around another three more painful years while OU and other schools in our conference continue to improve while Herman fumbles around and fucks around with more DCs and OCs and other staff. Fuck that. Fire his ass! Hold a real coaching search. Make it seem to the BMDs that they are in the loop when they are really not. 

I am sorry but the Sooners wouldn’t put up with this shit. Why are we?

Do we want to win? Or is the “We’re Texas” bs mantra we keep telling ourselves infected and warped our fucking reality.

fire him. He is a fraud and sucks ass

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas