Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Fuck this guy.

And fuck CDC too for being short-sighted.

Every major sport at the most profitable university in the nation, with the largest fan base in the nation, sucks ass and has for years.

Fuck.

I echo your sentiments

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

He's smart enough to know his career here is finished. With OU, LSU, Baylor, Iowa State, KSU, TCU, and Ok State on the schedule next year, the required 10 wins is not realistic. 

I wouldn't believe the 10 wins nonsense.  He gets to 8 and he's safe.  That's the state of UT athletics these days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

I wouldn't believe the 10 wins nonsense.  He gets to 8 and he's safe.  That's the state of UT athletics these days.  

That’s the biggest problem with bringing him back IMO. Is anyone honestly trying to say they believe Herman will be fired next year if he goes 9-3 or maybe even 8-4?

I think the worst case scenario is he goes 9-3 or 8-4 while never looking like a true threat to win the conference or getting much recruiting momentum and then he gets another year a la Helton at USC. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s the biggest problem with bringing him back IMO. Is anyone honestly trying to say they believe Herman will be fired next year if he goes 9-3 or maybe even 8-4?

I think the worst case scenario is he goes 9-3 or 8-4 while never looking like a true threat to win the conference or getting much recruiting momentum and then he gets another year a la Helton at USC. 

true, I wonder sometimes about what would have happened if Charlie didn't lose to Kansas.

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Mensa got caught giving the LHN cameras double birds this morning during their signing day coverage.  Good job, dumbfuck.

Glad to see the head football coach at the University of Texas has all the maturity of a junior high in-school suspension classroom.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Viper said:

true, I wonder sometimes about what would have happened if Charlie didn't lose to Kansas.

Well Chuck would have gone 6-7 again.

But yeah it is hard to fire somebody producing an assembly line of 9-3 type years. Unless you are Alabama or somebody I guess.

But I would like to see Tom actually produce another 9-3 year before I start moaning about my sad fate.

I don't know how we managed to it.  And We'll be studied by media departments for decades.  

But how did we fuck up having our own Television Network so bad?  Disney dropped a literal fleet of trucks on our campus, some filled with production equipment, studio sets, electronics, and satellites with which to beam Longhorn branded content straight into the homes of recruits every single night.  And still other trucks in the fleet were packed with cash, $300mm worth of cash to be exact.  And every coach has treated it like a pain in the ass, something they have to deal with that takes away from their strategic genius.  Obviously Herman feels the same way.   

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't know how we managed to it.  And We'll be studied by media departments for decades.  

But how did we fuck up having our own Television Network so bad?  Disney dropped a literal fleet of trucks on our campus, some filled with production equipment, studio sets, electronics, and satellites with which to beam Longhorn branded content straight into the homes of recruits every single night.  And still other trucks in the fleet were packed with cash, $300mm worth of cash to be exact.  And every coach has treated it like a pain in the ass, something they have to deal with that takes away from their strategic genius.  Obviously Herman feels the same way.   

I haven't watched it outside of games in years, but like everything else I am sure it's been grossly mismanaged.  That being said I think the fans also grossly underestimated the fact that the casual viewer/non fanatic doesn't want to watch the longhorn network regardless.  Why would they?  I thought the showing games of fringe sports would help those recruit, but the incoming football boom it was to bring was a figment of our imagination. 

Well Chuck would have gone 6-7 again.
But yeah it is hard to fire somebody producing an assembly line of 9-3 type years. Unless you are Alabama or somebody I guess.
But I would like to see Tom actually produce another 9-3 year before I start moaning about my sad fate.

Why do people at a school like Texas consider 9/10 wins good? It’s not good enough anymore
  • Like 1

We talking 9 wins total, like 8-4 and then win a bowl game, so 9-4 overall.  To me, for Texas, that's an improvement but still "meh"...not worthy of all the money we throw at coaches and facilities.  If it's 10-2 with a berth to the conference championship game and a NY6 bowl game, then we're talking good stuff to get excited about.  

Good programs expect to play 14 gams every season these days, 12 plus your title game, plus your bowl game.  

Good is relative. When 7-5 is your current ceiling, 10 wins is amazing.

We as fans and our administration SHOULD NOT be happy with 9/10 wins in today’s college football. It’s 11/12 wins we should aim for because that means you will be in contention for CFB playoff. Fuck everything else. Our goal should always be CFB playoff/competing for a national title. 9/10 wins doesn’t do that.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chooky said:

How long can the MENSA club tolerate the detrimental aspects he brings to their organization? People might think they're all morons. 

At this very moment, some bespectacled guy in a turtleneck is looking up from his book of cryptoquote puzzles, scanning the coffee shop with a meditative gaze, and thinking “Would it be unbecoming or me, a secular humanist with a 136 IQ and a 1350 on the SAT, to flip the bird to that security camera?”

Edited by BrickHorn

54 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Glad to see the head football coach at the University of Texas has all the maturity of a junior high in-school suspension classroom.

If he only knew  how many times he's had shoes, beer cans and other objects thrown at him and his product on TV over the last few months...  A long with the bird and FU's.  

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas