Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

12 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Let’s fire a guy for flipping off a camera and hire the dude that let a murderer play football with no punishment. 

Let's pretend that these are the only two options while we also pretend Tom Herman isn't an emotionally immature doofus.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Put me down in the doubling birding LHN as a plus for Tom Herman. 

Yeah, I'm about ready to move on from TH, but this is far from the reason.

This was one of the few times I had a flash of respect for MB because it wasn't milk toast, politically correct pablum...

A5umct8CEAAWA0o.jpg

Edited by Cajun

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

What reasonable explanation do we have to assume he can’t win 10 games next year? 

I’ll play. We don’t have an OC and did you watch any games this season?

Now, let me throw out the caveat that I believe the talent is there, with more on the way.  But when the “Leader” of any organization has an ego the size of The Great State, itself and always has to be the smartest man in the room, rarely is any sustainable success.  A good year here or there sure, but sustained? No.

See Jerrah and the Cowboys. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

What reasonable explanation do we have to assume he can’t win 10 games next year? 

Nothing in my response says he can't.  "Can" and "will" are two very different operating positions.

Your post posits that it's a done deal we'll have 10 wins next season.

That's an amusing stance.

@LSU-LOSS 

v. OKL-LOSS (they bring back 18 starters) 

BAY-LOSS (they only bring back 10 total starters, and this game is at home, so maybe we upset them and then get upset by TCU next home game)

ISU-LOSS (bring back 13 starters) 

@OSU-LOSS (total of 17 starters return, we lose in Stillwater spectacularly) 

That's 7-5, Texas Bowl or Liberty Bowl for us. 

There is a 5% chance of us winning 10 games next year with that schedule.  It would take a 9-3 regular season with losses to LSU, OKL, and OSU (upset BAY and ISU at home), avoid a return trip to the Alamo Bowl and get bumped down to Camping World Bowl where we draw an also-ran ACC team like VA Tech or Pitt and beat them.  

I'd say we "steal" one from ISU at home, finish 8-4 and lose our bowl game for 8-5.  Keeping Tom's average losses per season at 5.  Or one loss for every million dollars we errantly throw at him each year.  

Edited by Lobo

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

@LSU-LOSS 

BAY-LOSS (they only bring back 10 total starters, and this game is at home, so maybe we upset them and then get upset by TCU next home game)

There is a 5% chance of us winning 10 games next year with that schedule.  It would take a 9-3 regular season with losses to LSU, OKL, and OSU (upset BAY and ISU at home), avoid a return trip to the Alamo Bowl and get bumped down to Camping World Bowl where we draw an also-ran ACC team like VA Tech or Pitt and beat them.  

I'd say we "steal" one from ISU at home, finish 8-4 and lose our bowl game for 8-5.  Keeping Tom's average losses per season at 5.  Or one loss for every million dollars we errantly throw at him each year.  

Your returning starters numbers are way off. OU has 3 starters running out of eligibility, but they will lose at least 4 more that are declaring early and I’m assuming you’re not including early entrants for any of the other schools. 

Plus, by your numbers, we bring back like 16 returning starters. None of those losses are sure things, and we’ll probably be favorites in at least 2 of those games. 

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

@LSU-LOSS 

Ah yes the classic everyone is gonna improve except us argument. Herman went 7-6 his first year and then won 10 games and the Sugar Bowl next season. He’s literally getting rid of all the stench that Texas fans were begging him to yet we’re still bitching. Thinking we won’t be favored against ISU & Baylor at home is laughable tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Mocking other teams players on the field - check.

[IMG]

Yelling at opposing coaches at midfield- check.

[IMG]

Behaving like a troglodyte before games - check

[IMG]

Flipping off our network cameras, directed perhaps at our former players - check.

[IMG]

I am fine with all of this as long as we are winning 7 games a year!

This is the person who says he demands professionalism and excellence out of his players and staff.

What an absolute huckster.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Flipping off our network cameras, directed perhaps at our former players - check.

[IMG]

What an embarrassment

43 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Ah yes the classic everyone is gonna improve except us argument. Herman went 7-6 his first year and then won 10 games and the Sugar Bowl next season. He’s literally getting rid of all the stench that Texas fans were begging him to yet we’re still bitching. Thinking we won’t be favored against ISU & Baylor at home is laughable tbh.

Not As laughable as your ignorAnt support of a program that is in a dire valley of mediocrity.  The complacency in just his third year across the entire adminstration from athletics to the Tower is palpable. 

the last ten years is our new normal 

At this very moment, some bespectacled guy in a turtleneck is looking up from his book of cryptoquote puzzles, scanning the coffee shop with a meditative gaze, and thinking “Would it be unbecoming or me, a secular humanist with a 136 IQ and a 1350 on the SAT, to flip the bird to that security camera?”

Hey, hey. I’m not wearing a turtleneck!

Then again, I’m not working a puzzle, nor do I have an IQ of 136 or SAT of 1350....

Never mind, my flipping the bird at the security camera never happened. Nope, nope, nope!

Carry on.

The finger thing isn't a big deal on its own. If, when asked, he was just honest and said he was joking around with his staff, did something dumb, understands it's a bad look, apologized, won't do it again... it's a non-story.

But I think we all know it'll instead turn into some bizarre rationalization of how he did nothing wrong and anyone with any kind of misgivings has ptsd or something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The finger thing isn't a big deal on its own. If, when asked, he was just honest and said he was joking around with his staff, did something dumb, understands it's a bad look, apologized, won't do it again... it's a non-story.

But I think we all know it'll instead turn into some bizarre rationalization of how he did nothing wrong and anyone with any kind of misgivings has ptsd or something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea that sounds good when it's Nick Saban not when it's a guy that is being forced to make changes he doesn't think need to happen. 

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Loser...and he’s still our coach

• Like 1

Okay well, you’re creepy ;)

to be fair; the only times I’ve seen her, she had been all done up to the nines and look quite elegant.  Anyway, back to non weird topics.  

herman and Galindo should get an apartment together.  

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

You're missing the gif of him swinging a sledge like a baseball bat then nearly getting injured on camera

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Okay well, you’re creepy ;)

to be fair; the only times I’ve seen her, she had been all done up to the nines and look quite elegant.  Anyway, back to non weird topics.  

herman and Galindo should get an apartment together.  

Complementing a hot piece of ass is not creepy. I'm sure she's not getting kicked out of most bedrooms but certainly not enough to keep that troll representing us, although Tom is helping folks forget about Galindo. 

Not looking forward to another baseball season with Galindo on the air. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas