Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

I want him graded by the same standards charlie got....and no I am not a fan of potato

No large improvement by year 3 or 4 and gone 

well to be fair, charlie lost to Kansas.  Tom didnt.     but hes now lost to 2 teams who will join Texas in the dead fucking middle of the Big 12 pack- which is exactly what he did at Houston. He won lots of big games against ranked teams, and lost multiple games inexplicably against mediocre/bad teams

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’m finally starting to wonder if the problems are much bigger than Orlando and Beck. That turtling on our final drive combined with the copious amounts of penalties mean the problems are the head coach. For the first time I’m really thinking Herman is not going to win big at Texas. 

You're just now realizing there are issues at the top??  Holy shit.  Where have you been the last three years?  

Hint: if the two guys you hired to run your offense and defense suck, you suck at your job.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

Fox panel just ripped the UT coaching. Urban said there is no excuse for UT to lose this game with the talent it has, yet Iowa St was the better team. He'll take this job. we need to offer it

Urban called it right.  It was unacceptable for the off sides to even happen.   Horrible coaching.

Will any reporter step up and ask Turtle Tom (Thanks, Cap Hook) why exaactly he shouldn't be held accountable for the team's massive amounts of brain farts every damn game?  Ask him when he plans on teaching them the basics of football?  Clock mgmt, kick fielding decisions, where they are going to try and draw you offsides, etc?

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Will any reporter step up and ask Turtle Tom (Thanks, Cap Hook) why exaactly he shouldn't be held accountable for the team's massive amounts of brain farts every damn game?  Ask him when he plans on teaching them the basics of football?  Clock mgmt, kick fielding decisions, where they are going to try and draw you offsides, etc?

They’re scared he might get mad at them 

Nothing irritates me more is something not working and doing it over and over expecting a different result. It’s pure insanity. From a Orlando delayed blitzes to Herman turtling. 

It’s one thing when it’s a puppy licking his own asshole, but these cunts make 5 million a year. 

• Like 1

I stayed on the Charlie train too long... not going to make that mistake with Herman. Still not there yet, but I'm close. If Orlando isn't fired by January 14, that will do it for me, as well losing more than one of the next three. 

This season was supposed to be an improvement over last season. Last year wasn't supposed to be the pinnacle. 

I stuck by Strong for a long time, believing he needed an opportunity to recover from Mack Brown rot. Tom inherited a program with much better talent and has recruited extremely well. There really is no reason they should be this bad.

When Tom was hired there was one giant red flag. He seemed very immature with bad ideas about culture - dumbass kissing, boot camps, thin-skinned, doesn’t fraternize with the players, etc.

I think we are seeing a charlatan who has hood-winked this University yet again. Meanwhile OU, OSU, and hell even Baylor know what they are doing.

• Like 3

It's time. I avoided this thread. 

I don't care about his personality all that much. He can be a dickhead and keep a job if he produces. He hasn't. 
Too many mistakes combined with a shitty attitude and arrogant demeanor does not generate goodwill. 

Play out the string or pull the rip cord now. Either way it is time to call it. They are regressing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

In.  And I wanted him here bad.

So in on this.

I'm not sure why we would ever want a G5 HC here bad.  Charlie was such a clusterfuck we had to react with no plan and no AD.  Tom gets next year and if CDC isn't trying to figure out his next move for the next 12 months he sucks as bad as Herman.   This shit is what we pay him for. we don't pay him for pre game shit or crappy 3rd tier sports. We pay him to get football, baseball and basketball right.

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Arrogant POS is doubling down. 

Meanwhile Duvernay is having a career day and was a big part of the last TD drive. Not to mention how well Eagles is playing and fuck, Epps (Epps!) had a huge catch as well. But no, let’s force it with bullshit running plays to protect a one (one!) point lead. Fuck Tom, fire him. 

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Let's look at class rankings.

2019: texas 3. Isu: 46
2018: texas 3. Isu: 56
2017: texas 25. Isu 52
2016: texas 7. Isu 55

Lol. Herman is a coordinator, not a head coach.

That’s right. 

The head coaches job # 1, 2 and 3 are to hire good assistants, fire dead weight and hire better assistants, and to hire good assistants when your good assistants get promoted at other programs.  

He sucks at his job.  Bad.  

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Arrogant POS is doubling down. 

Well, there you go.

He believed those shitty run calls would go for yards.  And then when they didn't, he believed another idiotic call wouldn't suck and would somehow get the first down.  First downs of course being the most important thing for that series.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm not sure why we would ever want a G5 HC here bad.  Charlie was such a clusterfuck we had to react with no plan and no AD.  Tom gets next year and if CDC isn't trying to figure out his next move for the next 12 months he sucks as bad as Herman.   This shit is what we pay him for. we don't pay him for pre game shit or crappy 3rd tier sports. We pay him to get football, baseball and basketball right.

Meyer will not be available after next year.  He is available now.  Time to cut bait and make our move or forever suck.....  Texas football has done less with more than any other school in cfb history, except aggy.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas