Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

7 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

I hate Carl as much as the next guy, but Idk if we need to take this out on J Whitt... 

I free ya, but CTJ showed amazing restraint considering what DHF implied. And after the last RB with the same issues I can see where he is coming from.
No one is wishing ill to any player it’s just an overwhelming sense of frustration that invades everyone’s mental outlook right now. Nothing is right in the world from a Longhorn (and I’ll throw in Cowboy) perspective.

4 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

Why would Franklin run to Austin? 
Why would Herm Edwards crush it in recruiting? 
Why would Traylor do extremely well here? 

Franklin would run to Austin because it’s a significantly better job. 

Herm Edwards would crush it in recruiting in Austin because it’s a significantly better place to recruit. 

Traylor would do extremely well at Texas because he’s a good coach and administrator.

that’ll be 7.99  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This mental maskdebation is pointless.   The only guy the bmd’s would front the buyout is Urban.   They aren’t going to cover that kind of cash unless it’s a sure thing.   All these other a-holes may or may not be any better than what we have.  It is literally urban or bust.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Franklin would run to Austin because it’s a significantly better job. 

Herm Edwards would crush it in recruiting in Austin because it’s a significantly better place to recruit. 

Traylor would do extremely well at Texas because he’s a good coach and administrator.

that’ll be 7.99  

Don't sell yourself short with that kind of analysis.  Here is 9.95

11 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

Why would Franklin run to Austin? 

I'm not sure why people think Franklin is a long shot. I'm not saying the money is there but I don't think it's that attractive of a job. 

Franklin has two blue-bloods in his division and that's my guess why he's been trying to leverage other jobs. Go see Penn State's recruiting prior to Franklin. There's only so much you can do to beat Ohio State types with top 15ish type classes. 

The ceiling at Texas is much higher than it is at Penn State. 

Klassy stuff coming from a true insider. I’m surprised to see you here right now. I figured you’d be away for awhile, giving your made-of-glass cousin a series of gentle soft tissue massages while his weak ass sits out the rest of yet another season after less than 2 full games of snaps. 

84bfe8e5ffc33e9cab6dc1573ce84096.gif

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm not sure why people think Franklin is a long shot. I'm not saying the money is there but I don't think it's that attractive of a job. 

Franklin has two blue-bloods in his division and that's my guess why he's been trying to leverage other jobs. Go see Penn State's recruiting prior to Franklin. There's only so much you can do to beat Ohio State types with top 15ish type classes. 

The ceiling at Texas is much higher than it is at Penn State. 

It’s not only Ohio State, he’s guaranteed 3-4 losses a year. What can Texas offer him that he can’t get at his current job 

42 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

I free ya, but CTJ showed amazing restraint considering what DHF implied. And after the last RB with the same issues I can see where he is coming from.
No one is wishing ill to any player it’s just an overwhelming sense of frustration that invades everyone’s mental outlook right now. Nothing is right in the world from a Longhorn (and I’ll throw in Cowboy) perspective.

Oh man I almost repped you until you had to bring up the fucking Cowboys.

3 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

It’s not only Ohio State, he’s guaranteed 3-4 losses a year. What can Texas offer him that he can’t get at his current job 

Any good coach wants to win big. 

Our ceiling is higher because of recruiting. Franklin is always going to have a less talented roster in the Big 10 in comparison with Ohio State and probably even Michigan. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Our ceiling is higher because of recruiting. Franklin is always going to have a less talented roster in the Big 10 in comparison with Ohio State and probably even Michigan. 

Penn State has traditionally locked down DelMarVa and they seem to be getting back to dominating those areas in recruiting along with New Jersey.  There are a lot of very good recruits in those states.  Well, except for the Delaware part. 

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They have equivalent talent compared to Michigan, without looking at the composite I’m guessing they’re near each other every year. They have more than enough talent to beat Ohio St just like teams with less talent in the big 12 kick our ass annually. It comes down to coaching and I’m not sure what he’s proven other than beating teams he’s supposed to beat. 

10 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Penn State has traditionally locked down DelMarVa and they seem to be getting back to dominating those areas in recruiting along with New Jersey.  There are a lot of very good recruits in those states.  Well, except for the Delaware part. 

Maybe but Franklin has only landed one top 10 class at Penn State. And recruiting has improved a good bit for Penn State under Franklin. 

There's definitely limitations at Penn State from a recruiting perspective. 

You can be god awful and land top 10 classes at Texas (see Herman and Strong). It's just a much higher ceiling because of this. 

Edited by texasstrong12

This is what Tom Herman has done to us, he is ripping us apart. Here we are bickering over who earns more and who can pull down the most poon. I don’t know  what greenspoint is pulling, but you know who was pulling huge Latina panocha, Major Applewhite, that’s who, but what does all that mean? It means Mensa will still be on the sideline coaching at the University  of Texas. Let that sink in. If Urban was here right now we would all be getting paid and laid. It’s a trickle down effect yo. 

3 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

What's the plan if this is the case though? If Urban doesn't happen this year it's never going to happen with him. The Saban ship has sailed and Dabo isn't happening. What are we waiting on if we give Herman another year, Shanahan to get fired? I just don't see another year or two of waiting for the "perfect" candidate being worth the long-term damage to the program (and my liver). 

Bill O’Brien is tanned, rested, and ready. 

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

guess who sold that info to tfb :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

i am going to make @closetojumping adult daughter a certified glizzy gladiator when i meet her 

That information on "back channel discussions" that " I've heard from multiple sources on" isn't worth a squirt of piss. It's the kind of schlock that greases the skids of the $9.95 thirstys I guess and so if you conned somebody like a Fat Ketch out of 20 bucks so you could get your next meth hit then good for you. Then you doubled down with that piss poor shot that should get your ass fired out of a cannon.  Fuck off.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, reneg_2 said:

Could be wrong. But Urban won’t be as expensive as we think. And, again, I could be embarrassingly wrong. Just have a hunch...

Who gives a flying fuck how expensive he is. If our BMDs and athletic leadership are concerned about that then you can pretty much put a fork in this program. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Franklin is unacceptable. If we miss out on Urban, I know of one coach that is available and cheap, and has a history of fantastic success wherever he's coached including the Big 12. We are already willing to sell our souls and drop the holier than thou act by pursuing Meyer

Hiring Meyer isn’t anywhere close to hiring Briles
  • Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Hate to break it to you but aggy runs New Jersey. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

well, if anyone watched the Cowboys tonight you know Urban's price just went up.  CDC - Get that shit locked down before he decides to try his luck in the NFL. 

Jerrah held onto Garret for years he's definitely going to give McCarthy the benefit of the doubt with Dak out now. He wouldn't have the gonads to fire a HC in his first season 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas