Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, NoName said:

we will see if that happens when Momma calls.

I don't see it happening honestly. I think he's content being Clemson's #1 all-time coach and having the stadium named after him when he's done. Besides, why go follow somebody like Nick Saban when you've got arguably a better thing going now? Bama won't pay him more.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
35 minutes ago, blacklab said:
Looks like shaggy deleted it. Fat fuck probably asked kevin to remove and he did under dickhead professional courtesy.

Do you remember the thread name?

I do not. Something like "Ketchum stole money from Cole Pittman Memorial Golf tournament"

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, closetohumping said:
  Hide contents

122074482_3939158786113268_8623304260885366462_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=uDOmFSDgt6oAX8MFnoj&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=ebe13f80a1d2af7931f9d4a4189d322f&oe=5FB67BFF

Super K

5 yrs/50 million has always seemed like the most likely contract value, I do wonder about his health and I’m also curious if he’s just trying to get a raise from Fox, but we absolutely need to put that money on the table and make him say no. 

We’d be complete dumbasses not to give that to him. Our Football revenue and Athletics donations will dwarf that increase in no time once we start winning double digit games every year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:
  Hide contents

122074482_3939158786113268_8623304260885366462_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=uDOmFSDgt6oAX8MFnoj&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=ebe13f80a1d2af7931f9d4a4189d322f&oe=5FB67BFF

Super K

I mean. The multiple ER trips if true is concerning.   I hope he only goes back into coaching if he can give it his all.  
While, a 60% urban is probably twice as good a Herman, it’s till something that should give pause to the powers that be. 

Thankfully they get paid the big bucks to properly balance risk vs reward and make well thought out decisions.  

laugh. 

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, because the options after Urb are terrible.  Or at least fairly unknown quantities.

My biggest thing is stop hiring the young "hot shot" coach with limited experience and a limited resume. 

Our last 3 titles in the Big 3 sports were Mack and Augie. Augie had 28 years of experience and Mack had 14 years of experience prior to Texas. Then look at the CDC hires that seem to be successes so far  in Schaefer (15 years of experience as a HC prior to Texas), White (9 years of experience as a HC prior to Texas), Floreal (12 years of experience as a HC prior to Texas). 

All those coaches outside of maybe Augie had experience in a major conference but baseball is a little different for a lot of reasons. 

Then let's look at our most recent hires in the Big 3 sports: 

Herman (2 yeas of experience/0 years in a P5 conference)

Strong (4 years of experience/0 years in a P5 conference)

Shaka (6 years of experience/0 years in a P5 conference)

Pierce (5 years of experience/0 years in a P5 conference)

I will say, I still think Pierce was a good hire and I think he will still win at Texas. And he is the one coach that has a Big 12 title and CWS appearance. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I would like to Quantum Leap into either Erin or Buckey the moment Tom Herman shows up in order to attempt to dress me down. That would be some fun, funny shit.

I'd like to Quantum Leap into my wife's body right as I'm attempting to dress down and bang her, for basically the same reason- I imagine even if it wasn't fun it would at least be some funny shit. 

51 minutes ago, Xian said:

I mean. The multiple ER trips if true is concerning.   I hope he only goes back into coaching if he can give it his all.  
While, a 60% urban is probably twice as good a Herman, it’s till something that should give pause to the powers that be. 

Thankfully they get paid the big bucks to properly balance risk vs reward and make well thought out decisions.  

laugh. 

I mean if Urban wants to die on our sidelines that's a risk I'm certainly willing to take. He could have just as easily caught a stray bullet from Aaron Hernandez. He's living on borrowed time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

My biggest thing is stop hiring the young "hot shot" coach with limited experience and a limited resume. 

Our last 3 titles in the Big 3 sports were Mack and Augie. Augie had 28 years of experience and Mack had 14 years of experience prior to Texas. Then look at the CDC hires that seem to be successes so far  in Schaefer (15 years of experience as a HC prior to Texas), White (9 years of experience as a HC prior to Texas), Floreal (12 years of experience as a HC prior to Texas). 

All those coaches outside of maybe Augie had experience in a major conference but baseball is a little different for a lot of reasons. 

Then let's look at our most recent hires in the Big 3 sports: 

Herman (2 yeas of experience/0 years in a P5 conference)

Strong (4 years of experience/0 years in a P5 conference)

Shaka (6 years of experience/0 years in a P5 conference)

Pierce (5 years of experience/0 years in a P5 conference)

I will say, I still think Pierce was a good hire and I think he will still win at Texas. And he is the one coach that has a Big 12 title and CWS appearance. 

I'd like to now go light myself on fire reading the Big 3 sports hires. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas