Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

On Chad and Trey’s Monday show, Trey Elling said he’s heard from insiders that Herman won’t let the backup QB’s wear headsets because he’s paranoid about it getting out that he’s calling the plays. Hour 1 around the 29:00 mark if you’re curious.

sounds very on brand. Control freak, pathetic attempt to control the message, and smartest guy in the room syndrome all wrapped in one.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, hornsup840 said:

If we had any balls we would.  But we’ve become a University of optics.  That’s why we will continue to be a second tier program.  No major coach wants to tkae this job.

Literally fuck your own face. Briles the rape enabler will NEVER coach at Texas and would NEVER be in consideration for the HC job. Fuck outta here with that shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ztejas said:

Add to it the idiot T-shirt and fair weather fans that don't want to fire Herman because he's better than Charlie.

Ive been a "t-shirt" fan for 55 years. I never liked the prick.  He is better than Charlie.  So what!  My original prediction in 2016 was we would be replacing him in 2019.  I bet you were one of the ones that negged my ass.  Right back at you.  

Now fire his ass today.  

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

We need to investigate more into this strip club incident. 

If I remember correctly, the incident with Herman and Zach Smith happened at Tootsies in Miami. If all of you guys are willing to pitch in to a Go Fund Me to pay for things, I am willing to go to Tootsies all day, every day, until I get to the bottom of things. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If I remember correctly, the incident with Herman and Zach Smith happened at Tootsies in Miami. If all of you guys are willing to pitch in to a Go Fund Me to pay for things, I am willing to go to Tootsies all day, every day, until I get to the bottom of things. 

We'll contribute to the part of the Go Fund Me for body shots. 

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Appreciate it. I'll stay on top of it. But, you be you.

8 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

On Chad and Trey’s Monday show, Trey Elling said he’s heard from insiders that Herman won’t let the backup QB’s wear headsets because he’s paranoid about it getting out that he’s calling the plays. Hour 1 around the 29:00 mark if you’re curious.

sounds very on brand. Control freak, pathetic attempt to control the message, and smartest guy in the room syndrome all wrapped in one.

There were rumors earlier in the year that Yurcich was not calling the plays.  Not sure if true, but I remember someone posting something along the lines of Ewers decommitting after seeing the offense they had pitched him on during the summer was not the offense he was seeing when the season started.

CDC should be fired.  He should have fired Herman last year.  Why the hell did he buy out Tim Beck and then allow Herman to hire another yes man in Yurcich with no fucking change on offense.  When he fired Beck, it was reported that it was very much suggested to Herman that he get a play caller and implement an air raid offense.  Instead, Herman went through a bullshit interview process with Graham Harrell only to hire Yurcich who was a yes man at tOSU and is one here now.  CDC should be fired for mismanaging this situation.  Look at the mess this program is.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s absolutely ridiculous to suggest CDC should be fired at this point for anything, especially for Urban turning us down. Whether he’d fired Tom in October, or after the K St game, or whenever...that was not gonna home up anything with Urban. If he wanted this job he’d take it and all this shit could be worked out. People have to know who to blame. What about Urban Meyer

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

It’s absolutely ridiculous to suggest CDC should be fired at this point for anything, especially for Urban turning us down. Whether he’d fired Tom in October, or after the K St game, or whenever...that was not gonna home up anything with Urban. If he wanted this job he’d take it and all this shit could be worked out. People have to know who to blame. What about Urban Meyer

Screw this take.

CDC's job is to close Urban Meyer. He wasn't brought here to hire a ladies basketball coach. If CDC can redeem himself and surprise us with someone else at Urban's level, then he did his job. If Herman, or a clown like Cristobal or Franklin, is on the sideline next year, then CDC failed, and failed huge. 

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Screw this take.

CDC's job is to close Urban Meyer. He wasn't brought here to hire a ladies basketball coach. If CDC can redeem himself and surprise us with someone else at Urban's level, then he did his job. If Herman, or a clown like Cristobal or Franklin, is on the sideline next year, then CDC failed, and failed huge. 

Who is an AD out there (name) that you think could have brought Urban, Dabo, or Saban to UT? These are the only proven university coaches to compare with Urban.  Anyone one else and there would be no consensus on this board.  So clowns I guess.

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

🐢🐢🐢🐢

This should be the end of Herman right here.   And we are lucky we only have the three loses.  And argument could be made we should have four of even five loses but if not for the opposition being a tad more stupid than Tom and then this Tweet would look worse.

9 hours ago, satyanash said:

🐢🐢🐢🐢

Playing in games that are always that evenly matched on the scoreboard but against only one team even in the same zip code talent wise? 

Texas isn’t playing down to the level of the competition, but rather is coached down to the level of the competition.

That’s an indictment even if Herman was undefeated at this point. 

14 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Tootsies may be the best strip club on the planet.  

On 12/7/2020 at 7:28 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I say go after Tony Elliott, dude can flat out coach. Has been the playcaller for Clemson since 2015. Guy can flat out coach and has learned how to run a program from one of the best. I think we could get him at a bargain at 5 years 4.5 million each. 

Luke Fickell would be who I would also go after but he will have a 4 million buyout if we hire now or after January 1 it goes to 3.5 million.

The above is assuming Mullen is a no go. I think Sexton is just trying to get him a raise/extension with his name being floated.

This is what I'm talking about 

On 12/7/2020 at 12:01 PM, hornsup840 said:

Why what in his reporting doesn’t make sense?   What in Ron Murff’s deposition doesn’t make you question the narrative the WSJ sold everyone?  Why was the pepper hamilton report given orally to the board so there would be no physical evidence of what was said?  Why pay Briles full buyout if they could have lawfully terminated his contract?  Why write a letter of exoneration for him?  With the information coming out now in the latest suit I don’t think Briles is the villain you all wish him to be.  He’d win a NC at Texas.  So if you were good with Urban Meyer and his PROVEN track record what makes you so angry about Briles when it looks like he wasn’t the villain you so desperately want h to be.  He is the best coach available after Meyer said no.  Dabo aint fucking leaving that’s a pie in the sky fairytale belief.

Dude, stop. This is not a battle you're going to win. Just say ok and move on. We have better things to argue over, like cat facts and why people who eat mayo should hang themselves. 

• Like 2

Like I told the Lesbian chicks that I met at Hopdoddy's with my wife, after they disappeared into the bathroom for 15 minutes.  I looked them both in the Eyes and said, :everyone needs a good finger bang, every now and again."  And God bless America one of those ladies was a bartender...

On 12/7/2020 at 12:01 PM, hornsup840 said:

Why what in his reporting doesn’t make sense?   What in Ron Murff’s deposition doesn’t make you question the narrative the WSJ sold everyone?  Why was the pepper hamilton report given orally to the board so there would be no physical evidence of what was said?  Why pay Briles full buyout if they could have lawfully terminated his contract?  Why write a letter of exoneration for him?  With the information coming out now in the latest suit I don’t think Briles is the villain you all wish him to be.  He’d win a NC at Texas.  So if you were good with Urban Meyer and his PROVEN track record what makes you so angry about Briles when it looks like he wasn’t the villain you so desperately want h to be.  He is the best coach available after Meyer said no.  Dabo aint fucking leaving that’s a pie in the sky fairytale belief.

So much wrong in here. BU has fought tooth and nail to keep everything from PH out of the public. Football wasn’t the only place rape was happening and being covered up, but Briles took advantage of the disgusting culture at BU and ran with it. BU has a horrendous culture and it is just a matter of time until the next Briles or Bliss takes advantage of it again and equally or worse things happen. Book it. 
No indication Briles was paid full buyout—something less was negotiated.
The “letter of exoneration” was anything but. It was simply a Sgt. Schultz “I see nothing, I hear nothing.”  It certainly did not “exonerate” Briles. 
Briles is EXACTLY the shitbag everyone knows him to be. Multiple teams have run background checks on him and passed, or fired him. Hell, he even got his lower division HS team in trouble for cheating in only one season. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1