Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

Anyone have access to a dead hooker

No but how quick do you need one? 

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

things are moving faster than he expected

He should slow down. Maybe try some slow, deep strokes or change positions. Something where he's standing up.

1 minute ago, Not a cat said:

This man went to SMU.  He can get us a dead hooker or five.

I don't know about five. Death penalty hit us hard, we just don't kill hookers like we used to.

(it's comments like that where I think I should protect my identity better on here)

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m sure the people involved with handling the coaching situation and Herman’s replacement are keeping all of the players and their hangers-on very well informed as things progress. 

carl never lies carl legit 

u have 0 info carl haz a connect 

apologize to me now u faux hawk wearing glizzy goblin

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

told u glizzy succers 

dont ever doubt carl 

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

carl info = legit carl never misses 

carl legit woo insider 

giphy.gif

What's past simulation? Like, I've already conceded we're living in a simulation. Then I read stuff like this and I think, what's one step further? Simulation gone rogue?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Urban at 31 Flavors last night in Austin. I guess it's pretty serious.

Thank you Simone

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

spacer.png

I mean, you literally said nothing and the implication you made by literally saying nothing hasn't in any way come to fruition that we know of yet.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

See, this is where the cadre of Surly lawyers would come in handy. Someone could examine the contract and give us a POV. 

That considered, it’s a negotiation. You take your position and I take mine, they’ll be on opposite ends because this is contentious. Here are my facts. Show me yours. Now let me explain how that diminishes value for me. Then let me explain how long and ugly and public this will be for all of us. How confident are you versus taking something much smaller now?

I’ve dealt with a few contentious exits of execs before, and usually it’s a negotiation. Dealt with a narcissistic motherfucker who had to go a few years back. He thought he had things in his favor right up until the actual depositions started and then he got religion, quick. But I’m not a lawyer and I don’t see this stuff all the time. I like to think things could go that way with Herman, though. 

The basic idea is, if we fire him "without cause," then the University has breached the contract and he's owed the balance of payments due under the contract, subject to his duty to go find another job to mitigate the damages (see Bielema, Bret), or as specified by the "buyout clause,"   If the money is "guaranteed," that means he has no obligation to mitigate.

Every contract of this nature is going to have a "morality" or "moral turpitude" clause that forbids him from engaging in conduct that could reflect adversely on the University.

If he is found to be doing something skanky that could reflect adversely on the University, that would mean he breached contract and is owed nothing and may even owe the University the costs of hiring a replacement.

Whether the skanky activity actually triggers the morality clause is going to be a question for the court or a jury.  That means it is highly likely to become public and reflect adversely on Herman, possibly a career-killer.

So, Herman could fight like hell, maybe with a chance of winning, but at substantial risk of both losing and getting jackshit, and of being exposed as some kind of perv or drunk or whatever.  And thus giving him incentive to settle for less than he might be owed.

So, the discovery of skanky material could be a very nice negotiating point for the University to knock down the buyout by several million.  In an extreme case, it could eliminate the buyout entirely.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Am I the friend?

I discussed something tonight with a friend who isn’t involved, but he’s been around this stuff at many places and is around this one. Kind of a Ras Al Ghoul (sic?) type, I guess. 

Herman’s arrogance and certitude that he’s right and sort of the “L’etat, c’est moi!” attitude that he’s exhibited - they lend themselves well to a forensic blueprint of bad behavior on company/AD devices. UT doesn’t normally quibble over buyouts with folks they fire, but this might be one in which a case is being built, there’s plenty to work with, and the target is to take the number from $15million to as low as possible. Making Trace Armstrong sort through the importance of Herman working again and what that is worth might be a part of this equation. Guys like Shaka Smart and Chuckles, largely liked people who couldn’t get it done, UT doesn’t do that shit. Here though? It’s not crazy to think it is part of the calculus. 

Could be, and in that scenario CdC's superficially 'supportive' comments would likely be necessary from a contractual/legal perspective. They're likely necessary in any scenario. Nobody should be getting too worked up over those comments imho.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The basic idea is, if we fire him "without cause," then the University has breached the contract and he's owed the balance of payments due under the contract, subject to his duty to go find another job to mitigate the damages (see Bielema, Bret), or as specified by the "buyout clause,"   If the money is "guaranteed," that means he has no obligation to mitigate.

Every contract of this nature is going to have a "morality" or "moral turpitude" clause that forbids him from engaging in conduct that could reflect adversely on the University.

If he is found to be doing something skanky that could reflect adversely on the University, that would mean he breached contract and is owed nothing and may even owe the University the costs of hiring a replacement.

Whether the skanky activity actually triggers the morality clause is going to be a question for the court or a jury.  That means it is highly likely to become public and reflect adversely on Herman, possibly a career-killer.

So, Herman could fight like hell, maybe with a chance of winning, but at substantial risk of both losing and getting jackshit, and of being exposed as some kind of perv or drunk or whatever.  And thus giving him incentive to settle for less than he might be owed.

So, the discovery of skanky material could be a very nice negotiating point for the University to knock down the buyout by several million.  In an extreme case, it could eliminate the buyout entirely.

I expected you, specifically, to respond to the bat signal. So, thanks and good post. Sounds like the effort to do something here besides “you’re right, Tom, here’s all the money” is worth the effort and a plausible outcome. Makes $15million start to sound a lot more like $5million and the machine would no doubt spin it that way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't beleive that UT would drag something like that out just to save a few million. It seems petty and the publicity would be awful. CTJ might be onto something that Strong (have no idea what Shaka has to do with it) was at least well liked and respected so there was no need to negotiate the buyout, but that isn't mutually exclusive with Herman being an asshole and NOT negotiating that one, either. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I expected you, specifically, to respond to the bat signal. So, thanks and good post. Sounds like the effort to do something here besides “you’re right, Tom, here’s all the money” is worth the effort and a plausible outcome. Makes $15million start to sound a lot more like $5million and the machine would no doubt spin it that way. 

Yeah, most of the time it's "here's all the money," but it's not entirely uncommon to have a dispute, like Bielema, Beaty, and Wickline.

It didn't get much publicity, but I would guess that Petrino's little fling not only cost him his job, but most of the contract money, based on the "morality clause."

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't beleive that UT would drag something like that out just to save a few million. It seems petty and the publicity would be awful. CTJ might be onto something that Strong (have no idea what Shaka has to do with it) was at least well liked and respected so there was no need to negotiate the buyout, but that isn't mutually exclusive with Herman being an asshole and NOT negotiating that one, either. 

Well, it could all go down behind closed doors, a la Petrino.  But litigation and attendant publicity always lurk, for both sides.  So you may be right.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What's past simulation? Like, I've already conceded we're living in a simulation. Then I read stuff like this and I think, what's one step further? Simulation gone rogue?

Yeah, uh, can anyone translate this for me? Thanks in advance...

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And that, my friends, will be $995.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it could all go down behind closed doors, a la Petrino.  But litigation and attendant publicity always lurk, for both sides.  So you may be right.

Sure. I'd have to think the media would be on it like flies on shit at Texas, though. 

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don't care. I'm just a neutral observer. I do find it interesting watching Texas fans who've been shitting all over Urban for the past decade twist themselves into knots convincing themselves that of course he'll be the next Texas coach and all it takes will be an offer. 

Well we can be right and wrong. This is surly, we do what we want, which is mostly stupid shit. 

8 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Thinking about increasing my reputation as an "insider" by posting inane shit like "y'all will NEVER guess what I just heard" then going completely silent until the next big news piece breaks, after which I'll triumphantly proclaim that I was in the know all along

Some Tom Herman type shit 

Thinking about increasing my reputation as an "insider" by posting inane shit like "y'all will NEVER guess what I just heard" then going completely silent until the next big news piece breaks, after which I'll triumphantly proclaim that I was in the know all along

I told y’all I had inside sources!

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas