1-1 vs USC

The ugly:
1-2 vs Okie State
1-4 vs TCU
1-4 vs Oklahoma
0-2 vs Maryland
0-1 vs LSU

Holy fucking fuck.

In the last 4 years we're 4-14 agin USC, Okie St, TCU, ou sucks, Maryland, and LSU. Fucking unreal...

I mean I knew we were sucking, but even I hadn't realized the numbers were soooo bad against decent teams.

3 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

My opinion, based on 30 plus years, with a blip here and there, of futility on the field... F the Eyes... win football games. Stop embarrassing us alums with that crap you are trotting out there every a Saturday.

My opinion, based on 35+ years of ups and downs, there is no good reason to throw The Eyes away.  That would be embarrassing to many alums.  We can win and find a way to keep our traditions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My opinion, based on 35+ years of ups and downs, there is no good reason to throw The Eyes away.  That would be embarrassing to many alums.  We can win and find a way to keep our traditions.

I hope we do find a way. I’m just tired of the whole issue compounded with the beatings I’m sure we all take in our offices every Monday.

I hope we do find a way. I’m just tired of the whole issue compounded with the beatings I’m sure we all take in our offices every Monday.

1 hour ago, Halohal said:

Guy has become complacent. Has his dream job. Doesn't want to put in work and figures it will fix itself. Guy just gonna ride it out and collect checks. Will move to a job from his former coaching staff member because he got them paid for little to nothing. Blah 

I would disagree that he's complacent and coasting - He's a stubborn narcissist and cannot see that his way isn't working.  He cannot accept that he's not able to transmit his self-perceived superior intellect and coaching prowess so that the players can simply exert HIS will and overwhelm the opponent.

His claims that practice is great show that the players are doing exactly as instructed, only to be embarrassed by lessor opponents.  So, he blames the team for not playing like they practice (with his great technique and scheme). 

He's effective as an underdog once every few years when a superior team underestimates his, and he can scheme some trickeration to swing momentum.  Momentum in which he doesn't believe, because that would be counter to his notion that he can game plan due to superior intellect and ability....since emotion is but a tool for the weaker minded.

The refusal to stop pounding a square peg into a round hole isn't complacency, its pathological and shows an inability to accept that others might have a better game plan or make in-game adjustments that he.

He was a passenger on the Urban train and thought he was the engineer.  Born on third and thinks he hit a triple.  He believes this to his core.

It's Charlie Weiss...and Tom will go to the grave believing  he has a decided schematic advantage over every opponent and only the players can derail that.

Edited by Reagan1k
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Herman has had 3 full seasons at Texas. All are in the top 5 penalty yardage seasons in Texas history.   His 4th team is on course for a record but will likely get a respite from a shortened season.    There are fewer things in the game that indicate discipline, attention to detail and being buttoned up.  Or the lack of it.  These are all foreign concepts to this team but Herman clearly indicated earlier this week that he's got his arms around this issue, like everything else: 

- "I think you’re seeing it all across the country, but that is not an excuse. We’ve got to make sure that we’re the exception and not the rule, and that we play a cleaner brand of football when we’re out there on Saturdays. I think they all need to be taken individually and see why and how and what."

- “I think they’re all different.  Some come from an over-exuberance of trying to do too much. Some come from a lack of attention to detail and your technique. But they all need to be addressed singularly.”

- "Guys that that commit foolish penalties will be punished.  I’ve never been in a program where we’ve done that before. Some of the new coaches have been, and so moving forward, we’ll punish foolish penalties.  It’s the only thing left that we know how to do. We have educated, we have pleaded, we have, again, till we’re blue in the face."

-  "These are penalties that, like in Derek Kerstetter’s case, losing your wits for a split second and it winded up costing us."

Comical.   The guy is 47 months into his tenure at Texas and still has no, zero, clue how to instill discipline into his team and to avoid idiocy at the same time.   

But there is hope as punishment for penalties looks to be an option. More runny eggs and cold breakfast on the way.   Yay.

https://www.hookem.com/columns/20201015/eyes-texas-news-longhorns-well-way-another-historic-year-penalties/

Hear, hear.

Penalties galore, repeated special teams ineptitude, the same ineffective offensive plans and personnel groupings.  I suppose we need a couple more years to be absolutely certain he is incompetent.

Edited by El Hornarino

Just to clarify, when I say F the eyes I mean football players can sing not sing it ...don’t care. Stop losing. And by that I mean stop paying this shitty coach.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

So are we talking in the next few weeks? If you're already making that play, then it's a foregone conclusion. Why let him hang around and coach again? I'm asking from CDC's perspective, not ours. I know how we all feel.

Yeah I can't pretend to know what the timeline would be like, but y'all feel free to send me $9.95 anyway. I've just seen writers get marching orders like this enough in other sports & industries. That's exactly what this looks like imho.

42 minutes ago, El Hornarino said:

Hear, hear.

Penalties galore, repeated special teams ineptitude, the same ineffective offensive plans and personnel groupings.  I suppose we need a couple more years to be absolutely certain he is incompetent.

That is what is so frustrating.  From here, it's not that damn hard to fix.  Clean up the penalties and fix the special teams and you are 85% of the way there.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

His article is really good and sheds light on the lack of discipline or insubordination Tom Herman has. 

You mean the lack of discipline this team has shown for the last 4 years and the double birds did not give us an insight into those two things already? Also, are you not aware Fuck Chip?

Edited by DanTheHorn

21 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

That is what is so frustrating.  From here, it's not that damn hard to fix.  Clean up the penalties and fix the special teams and you are 85% of the way there.

Once again, this is nothing new, he’s had 3+ years to fix stuff he keeps saying is fixable. 
Any other Big-12 coach could win as many as Tom has. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

You mean the lack of discipline this team has shown for the last 4 years and the double birds did not give us an insight into those two things already? Also, are you not aware Fuck Chip?

Chip has 3 Texas coaches on record saying they were told the protocol and expectations and only one is not following that. Given our hatred of chip this may be one of his best articles ever. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:26 PM, Huckleberry said:

Yep. Riley has a structural issue with fielding a good defense based on practice and resource allocation. Plus he hired Bennie Wylie so he's got some major holes as a head coach. 

4 years in and he's taken Oklahoma to their worst roster and team in two decades. But maybe it's their turn to miss on a hire.

And still miles ahead of us

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

His article is really good and sheds light on the lack of discipline or insubordination Tom Herman has. 

This is thread is coming dangerously close to saying positive things about that man. I need to reset the scales here with a 

FUCK CHIP BROWN

(and the Brocks) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You know they’re missing at least 7 starters for that game right?

Don't think all of them were sure fire starters but point taken. Hard to imagine our defense or Oline would have looked any worse whether they were playing or not though. 

9 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Meh, if the players don't want to stay for the Eyes they shouldn't be forced to. Tom should have at least told them the expectations so they could make an informed decision though. 

My opinion is, If they don’t want to sing the song then stand there and show respect for the fans. Pretty fucking simple.

if you can’t do that then my opinion is fuck you and go play school somewhere else.

ive heard many times of young folks getting shot for a perceived  lack of respect, so show some to the fans supporting your ass.

Once again, just my opinion.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Dilligas said:

My opinion is, If they don’t want to sing the song then stand there and show respect for the fans. Pretty fucking simple.

if you can’t do that then my opinion is fuck you and go play school somewhere else.

ive heard many times of young folks getting shot for a perceived  lack of respect, so show some to the fans supporting your ass.

What the fuck is this shit?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Dotcom callsign is used for private aircraft that want to have their tail number, type and or owner hidden.  Watch for one going into Bergstrom or Austin Exec.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA562?fbclid=IwAR1pAcABTEkBhM9RV-YURUllRLBdR5yiMW4iGXn7MdDGIyFdXlLkgu5PtlM

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas