Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

14 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

It has been mentioned in passing a few times on this board, but I'm shocked Herman's "Family Fridays" haven't received more attention/scrutiny from the national media. I remember thinking it was a cool idea when Herman first got here. My thought was "Hell yea, the players are going to love playing for this guy which will make us dominant!". But now here we are 3.5 years later and we have a sufficient sample size to conclude that something Herman is doing just flat out isn't working. Yet somehow no one has focused in on the fact that our guys play fucking wiffle ball and freeze tag the day before every single game instead of working on their gameplan. The NCAA already limits the amount of time teams are allowed to practice each week, and we choose to purposely handicap ourselves by throwing out one of those limited days of practice? Fuck you, Tom. 

ESPECIALLY this year when practice time was already limited. Baffling. 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

As far as I can remember, Texas has never fired any coach during the season. In 1997 we all knew Mackovic was a dead man walking after the Rout 66 debacle, but he was kept to finish the season while we made sure that Mack Brown was THE GUY to bring Texas out of the darkness. 

However, I'm all for firing Herman at this point. We've all seen enough. His peak was 2018. 

Different times. CFB is an even bigger deal now financially as well as being the front door to a university. The transfer portal and zero eligibility penalty didn’t exist. One of the 3 or 4 best college football coaches available wasn’t polishing the Fox game day set’s seats with his ass. And Texas doesn’t have a chickenshit, man/turtle hybrid pontificating for months before making s**t hires to deal with. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

It seems like the buyout would only be reduced by the amount of salary we pay him between now and then. So it would be pretty much the same. 

Yeah I just don't see the point in waiting if Urban is the priority and he's willing.  Especially with an early signing period.  Maybe another embarrassment will speed up the time table.

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

It seems like the buyout would only be reduced by the amount of salary we pay him between now and then. So it would be pretty much the same. 

I haven't seen the contract, but maybe 12/1 is when his next "year" of employment starts, dropping the buyout in to a new category.

29 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Yet somehow no one has focused in on the fact that our guys play fucking wiffle ball and freeze tag the day before every single game instead of working on their gameplan. The NCAA already limits the amount of time teams are allowed to practice each week, and we choose to purposely handicap ourselves by throwing out one of those limited days of practice? 

I wasn't aware of this but not surprising from a coach who seems to have written the book on shtick. 

Wonder who the best wiffle ball player is.

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yeah, the buyout talk is meaningless. His only buyout is his guaranteed salary so the University will end up paying him the same amount no matter what. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, drifter379 said:

I think it’s a given that we would win with Meyer. But is it worth selling our souls.
When he decides to quit or gets fired over sanctions in 3-4 years will we be in any better position than we are right now?

I don’t know who the right guy is for this program but I throw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about seeing Urban Meyer in burnt orange on the sidelines.

Sure, Urban Meyer has a lot of baggage...but the only baggage I give a fuck about is his getting picked up in Columbus and moved to Austin plus whatever he carries on the plane

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, the buyout talk is meaningless. His only buyout is his guaranteed salary so the University will end up paying him the same amount no matter what. 

The university paying his salary is a different budget than the money coming out of the BMD's pockets, right? Or am I regarded 

46 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I recall @closetojumping mentioning that part of Meyer's stress at florida and the state of ohio shit hole was the constant need to cheat their asses off to please the alumni and fans. With our resources, brand name in recruiting, and proclivity to not cheat I think Urban could spend the rest of his career here then walk away the best of all time. I am obviously full of shit and really drinking the urb kool aid. Fuck it, show me a loss. 

I don't get this- if urban were in a tradition and resource rich school in fertile recruiting territory he wouldn't need to cheat.  You mean schools like OSU and Florida? 

Having said that, fuck it, I'm all in on urban.  But let's go in with eyes wide open and not act like our setup is somehow miles above his previous 2 employers and all he'd need to do is show up.

38 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Is Dec 1 when Herman's buyout is reduced?  I guess that is the only reasons for waiting?  

His contract start date was 12/1//16, his buyout on 12/1/20 will be 15,416,667.  Waiting on that date doesn’t move the needle that much, his current buyout is 16,041,667  

His contract is 5M per year remaining if fired for cause.  The reason for the additional 416;667 is his contract expires 12/31/2023, so on 12/1 it’s 15,416,667 while on 12/31 it’s 5M

Edited by Treefidy
Fuck, or I could have just said he gets 416,667 for every month remaining on his contract until 12/31/2023
  • Like 1

Regarding this portion of the quote above:

"After the loss, the Longhorn players relinquished the field to the Sooners for the Golden Hat ceremony. I was told the players didn’t know there would be a singing of The Eyes as there was no band in attendance. Now, this doesn’t mean they would have stayed if @jtsween and the rest of the LHB were there. Most didn’t stay after the UTEP game either, but the key piece is they didn’t know their QB was out there alone. Ehlinger remained on the field giving interviews. As he headed back to the locker room the song came on over the loudspeaker. He stopped and sang the song. He was alone, the picture was snapped, and all hell broke loose."

I think this is probably pretty accurate.  I was there.  I was pretty hammered but I recall it took them quite a bit of time after the end of the game to start The Eyes.  I pretty much thought they just weren't going to play it and was wondering if any of the fans would start it on their own, then all of a sudden it came on the loud speaker.  So on one hand, I think this is accurate.  On the other hand, given the fucking optics, Herman and his staff absolutely should have known that "at some point after the game the loud speaker will play The Eyes" and thus win or lose some staff member needs to keep the players on the field.    Again, this falls 100% on Herman's dumb ass.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I think it’s a given that we would win with Meyer. But is it worth selling our souls.
When he decides to quit or gets fired over sanctions in 3-4 years will we be in any better position than we are right now?

I don’t know who the right guy is for this program but I throw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about seeing Urban Meyer in burnt orange on the sidelines.

There is no other option. The program is teetering right now. If we miss on this hire, we're fucked for another decade. Possibly for good.

Edited by TXpride

This would have been a decent post in 2018.

• Hook 'Em 1

This 247 article says Herman's buyout prior to Dec 1st is $15.4M.  What is the buyout on/after Dec 1st??

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-highest-paid-coaches-buyout-totals-Nick-Saban-Dabo-Swinney-Jim-Harbaugh-Will-Muschamp-Kirby-Smart-152973099/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quote:   11. Tom Herman, Texas ($6M; $15.4M)

The word: To fire Tom Herman this season, the Longhorns' deep-pocketed boosters would need to shell out $15.4 million dollars if removed prior to Dec. 1 in addition coaching staff holds.

Edited by LTtxfan

Humidor
Spoiler

It’s been a combustible week on the Texas internet with the team’s in-game and post-game activity not doing the other one any favors. Let’s quickly backtrack to last Saturday and just moments after the loss.

UTiananmen

The galvanizing picture of Sam Ehlinger standing alone for The Eyes of Texas after pulling his own “Tank Man” impression and willing his team to overtime needs to be put in proper context. The picture may not need to be preserved in the UT 2020 time capsule after all. Or maybe it should, you decide.

After the loss, the Longhorn players relinquished the field to the Sooners for the Golden Hat ceremony. I was told the players didn’t know there would be a singing of The Eyes as there was no band in attendance. Now, this doesn’t mean they would have stayed if @jtsween and the rest of the LHB were there. Most didn’t stay after the UTEP game either, but the key piece is they didn’t know their QB was out there alone. Ehlinger remained on the field giving interviews. As he headed back to the locker room the song came on over the loudspeaker. He stopped and sang the song. He was alone, the picture was snapped, and all hell broke loose.

Per my source, at first his teammates didn’t know he was still out on the field, much less alone. When they realized he wasn’t in the locker room, some trickled out looking for him, notably Ta’Quon Graham. There’s no fracture within the team and certainly no issue between Ehlinger and his teammates. The same couldn’t be said for the fan base, or Tom Herman, and to a lesser degree, Chris Del Conte, and the boosters.

Seeing the issue at hand, Del Conte scheduled a “team” meeting on Monday morning. As we reported, Del Conte addressed the team on Wednesday evening after practice. Practice is where they work to get better; the meeting was to address the issue with the Eyes. I need to spell that out because many a Twitter celeb couldn’t quite figure out why Texas was worried about a song instead of improving the product on the field. Turns out you can do both!

Del Conte didn’t go in there looking for a discussion or anyone’s opinion on the matter. This wasn’t a heart to heart. The school has already met demands and made a lot of concessions. He flatly told the football team what was expected of them just like he told the other teams. The message: stand with your teammates and fans, if you don’t want to sing, don’t sing.

The Texas AD mentioned the issue was ripping the fan base apart. I talked to somebody close to a player who can justifiably be characterized as a team leader. In other words, not a fake leader Herman anointed to appease a certain group within the team. This person said, “They respect the fans. They know the song is sung at weddings and they’ve being singing it since they were five-years old. They don’t think the fans are racist in any way for singing it. Some don’t want to sing it just because they’re expected to and they’re personally not comfortable with it based on what they know of it.” I wish I could share the audio because it comes across in such a good, heartfelt tone. There’s nothing militant about it. There’s no anger behind it. For most, this isn’t iconoclasm.

The truth is — and we mentioned this in the summer — most on the team are simply going with the flow. They don’t want issues in the locker room, social or otherwise, and they simply want to support their teammates. The most vocal group aren’t large in numbers, but they do pressure others to follow them. There is no divide along racial lines. In fact, many of the black players agree with standing for the school song, rather than leaving the field or protesting in any way.

From a leadership perspective, Herman couldn’t have handled this situation any worse, but right now the fallout from the song is the least of his concerns.

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

As you can imagine, we’ve been talking to sources of all stripes of late. We keep a handy little Google Doc where we store everything we hear, no matter how minor. It makes it easier to keep track of the situation, plus it makes it rather clear where the information overlaps and corroborates.

What we can share we will, and also tell you how much credence we give it. We’ll base that either on how many times we’ve heard it, or by who told us. You’re only as good as your sources and some sources are better than others. You’re also as bad as their agendas, but it’s typically not hard to read through agendas. Step 1 is caring to do so.

Scenario 1: The U in the title of this Humidor, you know, the strong, centralizing figure, is in play.

This is a delicate subject but if you think we would have hinted in his direction in the Scoop just for the fun of it, you haven’t been reading closely. In the span of 10 days we’ve gone from ’he will never coach at Texas,’ to Lee Corso’s favorite saying. We think the trilateral commission of president, AD, and BoR, would sign off on such a hire. Del Conte‘s mindset isn’t to win at all costs, but it’s to win at a lot of them. If he never coaches at Texas, it isn’t because he was found to be unsavory.

Credence: Money could become an issue. So too could another job potentially popping up. If this hire wasn’t doable word would have filtered out by now. If you want him to be the hire, no news is good news for now.

Scenario 2: No deal can be struck with option #1, due to financial constraints Herman returns.

I’ve heard this a couple of times, including on Thursday, and from somebody I hold in high regard. The thinking is money is just too tight to make a move unless it’s for a sure thing and there aren’t many sure things beyond death, taxes, and FITH.

Credence: We believe the money for action will be there when it’s needed. Herman doesn’t have many allies, and at this point, we can’t see this scenario unless he goes on a big winning streak, and by that, we mean probably the rest of the games. Absent a very impressive run of games, the only way he’d return is if the boosters didn’t want to foot the bill for his buyout. You can probably recall what we’ve been writing about how the boosters view Herman. Del Conte would have to rustle up a really bad alternative to Herman for the boosters to sit on their wallets. That’s highly unlikely, even in what looks like a limited field. The recruiting situation is also a factor that favors change, that is: the 2021 class is in poor shape, but 2022 can still be great.

Scenario 3: No deal can be struck with option #1, comprehensive search ensues.

Comprehensive search doesn’t mean you begin in late November and extend it well into December. Del Conte should be operating on this track in tandem with Scenario #1. I’m sure he is to some degree. We’ve heard a couple names of interest. We’ll hold them for now. One is widely mentioned; one we haven’t seen mentioned yet. That’ll give you something to ponder this weekend.

Credence: This scenario could definitely take place. It might even be the most likely depending on how you view Scenario 1.

For now there’s no job opening and it isn’t truly guaranteed it will open. But, if Del Conte doesn’t make a move, all those cardboard cutouts you currently see in stadiums nationwide will come in handy as the school opens its newly expanded stadium next fall. Now that sounds costly.

BAYLOR LOOMS?

The Baylor Bears currently sit at 2-3. That’s two games played and three games postponed for the 1-1 Bears. Next week’s game between Texas and Baylor is under question. I don’t even know what’s public on their situation, but I’ve heard the big issue is contact tracing. It appears they finally got good usage out of all those ankle monitors. Yeah, you just turn those suckers on and you know where people are at all times.

Something is clearly broken with how first-year head coach Dave Aranda has gone about defending against Covid. We’ll see if they can get things under control in time to play a week from Saturday.

Of course Texas is preparing as if the game will be played. We’ve heard practices have been great and there’s a real sense of urgency. That’s not true, we didn’t hear either of those things, but we have heard some positives whether fans want those positives to exist or not.

Within the team, there's a strong group that is vocal about winning out. The names won’t surprise you: Sam Ehlinger, Joseph Ossai, Josh Thompson, and Keondre Coburn have all been singled out for their vocal leadership. These players are making a concerted effort to keep the team positive and eager to prepare for Baylor.

Frankly, we were expecting to hear about a fractured team, one that has started to tune out the coaches but that is not the case. The players still believe in the coaches and vice versa. The sense on the team is the coaches are doing a better job of putting players in positions to make plays than fans think. The players blame themselves for lack of discipline, mental errors, and letting their technique get away from them. There is a palpable sense of accountability with the players.

Tom Herman made sure to have energetic practices this week by practicing good on good. The first team defense and first team offense went against each other in hopes of improving team discipline. You don’t have to play as sharp or with as much intensity practicing against the scout team.

Of course they’ve spent a lot of time working on technique and fundamentals. None of this is meant to make you think they’re improving, or they’ll win out, it’s just to tell you how they‘ve spent their time.

On the downside, we’ve heard the head coach is too involved on the offensive side of the ball, which is pretty evident watching the games. Herman has a governor on ”offensive coordinator” Mike Yurcich. Herman basically admitted that in his postgame press conference when he groveled about tempo. We may go into more detail here at another point in time.

Aside coverage busts the feeling behind the scenes is the defense continues to show improvement. I mentioned to a source they looked tired in Dallas and got back a derisive, “they were on the field too much.” Not-so-complementary football, imo.

Many impatient fans are wondering why Herman hasn’t been fired yet. Aside the obvious, he’s only four games into the season, we’d say it’s because he hasn’t lost the team.

A couple weeks ago we wrote a piece about the 2018 class titled “It’s now or next year.” It was written within the context of the TCU, OU, Baylor, Oklahoma State four game stretch. For Tom Herman, it’s now or never starting with the next two games.

Now THIS is more like it.

So many words to say, we'll either hire Urban, stick with Herman, or hire someone else. Which one is most likely? Well, 1, or 3, or possibly 2 also depending on how things play out. Situation is fluid.

This is the $9.95 we've been waiting for.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Now THIS is more like it.

So many words to say, we'll either hire Urban, stick with Herman, or hire someone else. Which one is most likely? Well, 1, or 3, or possibly 2 also depending on how things play out. Situation is fluid.

This is the $9.95 we've been waiting for.

You left out the key parts:

Could happen sooner..or later... or never.

And a name not mentioned before is a possibility.. if names already known don't pan out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On the downside, we’ve heard the head coach is too involved on the offensive side of the ball, which is pretty evident watching the games. Herman has a governor on ”offensive coordinator” Mike Yurcich. Herman basically admitted that in his postgame press conference when he groveled about tempo. We may go into more detail here at another point in time.

So evident turtle tom's hands have been all over the offensive game plan while at the same time blaming covid for lack of practice to install a "new system". 

28 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Humidor

Hide contents

It’s been a combustible week on the Texas internet with the team’s in-game and post-game activity not doing the other one any favors. Let’s quickly backtrack to last Saturday and just moments after the loss.

UTiananmen

The galvanizing picture of Sam Ehlinger standing alone for The Eyes of Texas after pulling his own “Tank Man” impression and willing his team to overtime needs to be put in proper context. The picture may not need to be preserved in the UT 2020 time capsule after all. Or maybe it should, you decide.

After the loss, the Longhorn players relinquished the field to the Sooners for the Golden Hat ceremony. I was told the players didn’t know there would be a singing of The Eyes as there was no band in attendance. Now, this doesn’t mean they would have stayed if @jtsween and the rest of the LHB were there. Most didn’t stay after the UTEP game either, but the key piece is they didn’t know their QB was out there alone. Ehlinger remained on the field giving interviews. As he headed back to the locker room the song came on over the loudspeaker. He stopped and sang the song. He was alone, the picture was snapped, and all hell broke loose.

Per my source, at first his teammates didn’t know he was still out on the field, much less alone. When they realized he wasn’t in the locker room, some trickled out looking for him, notably Ta’Quon Graham. There’s no fracture within the team and certainly no issue between Ehlinger and his teammates. The same couldn’t be said for the fan base, or Tom Herman, and to a lesser degree, Chris Del Conte, and the boosters.

Seeing the issue at hand, Del Conte scheduled a “team” meeting on Monday morning. As we reported, Del Conte addressed the team on Wednesday evening after practice. Practice is where they work to get better; the meeting was to address the issue with the Eyes. I need to spell that out because many a Twitter celeb couldn’t quite figure out why Texas was worried about a song instead of improving the product on the field. Turns out you can do both!

Del Conte didn’t go in there looking for a discussion or anyone’s opinion on the matter. This wasn’t a heart to heart. The school has already met demands and made a lot of concessions. He flatly told the football team what was expected of them just like he told the other teams. The message: stand with your teammates and fans, if you don’t want to sing, don’t sing.

The Texas AD mentioned the issue was ripping the fan base apart. I talked to somebody close to a player who can justifiably be characterized as a team leader. In other words, not a fake leader Herman anointed to appease a certain group within the team. This person said, “They respect the fans. They know the song is sung at weddings and they’ve being singing it since they were five-years old. They don’t think the fans are racist in any way for singing it. Some don’t want to sing it just because they’re expected to and they’re personally not comfortable with it based on what they know of it.” I wish I could share the audio because it comes across in such a good, heartfelt tone. There’s nothing militant about it. There’s no anger behind it. For most, this isn’t iconoclasm.

The truth is — and we mentioned this in the summer — most on the team are simply going with the flow. They don’t want issues in the locker room, social or otherwise, and they simply want to support their teammates. The most vocal group aren’t large in numbers, but they do pressure others to follow them. There is no divide along racial lines. In fact, many of the black players agree with standing for the school song, rather than leaving the field or protesting in any way.

From a leadership perspective, Herman couldn’t have handled this situation any worse, but right now the fallout from the song is the least of his concerns.

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

As you can imagine, we’ve been talking to sources of all stripes of late. We keep a handy little Google Doc where we store everything we hear, no matter how minor. It makes it easier to keep track of the situation, plus it makes it rather clear where the information overlaps and corroborates.

What we can share we will, and also tell you how much credence we give it. We’ll base that either on how many times we’ve heard it, or by who told us. You’re only as good as your sources and some sources are better than others. You’re also as bad as their agendas, but it’s typically not hard to read through agendas. Step 1 is caring to do so.

Scenario 1: The U in the title of this Humidor, you know, the strong, centralizing figure, is in play.

This is a delicate subject but if you think we would have hinted in his direction in the Scoop just for the fun of it, you haven’t been reading closely. In the span of 10 days we’ve gone from ’he will never coach at Texas,’ to Lee Corso’s favorite saying. We think the trilateral commission of president, AD, and BoR, would sign off on such a hire. Del Conte‘s mindset isn’t to win at all costs, but it’s to win at a lot of them. If he never coaches at Texas, it isn’t because he was found to be unsavory.

Credence: Money could become an issue. So too could another job potentially popping up. If this hire wasn’t doable word would have filtered out by now. If you want him to be the hire, no news is good news for now.

Scenario 2: No deal can be struck with option #1, due to financial constraints Herman returns.

I’ve heard this a couple of times, including on Thursday, and from somebody I hold in high regard. The thinking is money is just too tight to make a move unless it’s for a sure thing and there aren’t many sure things beyond death, taxes, and FITH.

Credence: We believe the money for action will be there when it’s needed. Herman doesn’t have many allies, and at this point, we can’t see this scenario unless he goes on a big winning streak, and by that, we mean probably the rest of the games. Absent a very impressive run of games, the only way he’d return is if the boosters didn’t want to foot the bill for his buyout. You can probably recall what we’ve been writing about how the boosters view Herman. Del Conte would have to rustle up a really bad alternative to Herman for the boosters to sit on their wallets. That’s highly unlikely, even in what looks like a limited field. The recruiting situation is also a factor that favors change, that is: the 2021 class is in poor shape, but 2022 can still be great.

Scenario 3: No deal can be struck with option #1, comprehensive search ensues.

Comprehensive search doesn’t mean you begin in late November and extend it well into December. Del Conte should be operating on this track in tandem with Scenario #1. I’m sure he is to some degree. We’ve heard a couple names of interest. We’ll hold them for now. One is widely mentioned; one we haven’t seen mentioned yet. That’ll give you something to ponder this weekend.

Credence: This scenario could definitely take place. It might even be the most likely depending on how you view Scenario 1.

For now there’s no job opening and it isn’t truly guaranteed it will open. But, if Del Conte doesn’t make a move, all those cardboard cutouts you currently see in stadiums nationwide will come in handy as the school opens its newly expanded stadium next fall. Now that sounds costly.

BAYLOR LOOMS?

The Baylor Bears currently sit at 2-3. That’s two games played and three games postponed for the 1-1 Bears. Next week’s game between Texas and Baylor is under question. I don’t even know what’s public on their situation, but I’ve heard the big issue is contact tracing. It appears they finally got good usage out of all those ankle monitors. Yeah, you just turn those suckers on and you know where people are at all times.

Something is clearly broken with how first-year head coach Dave Aranda has gone about defending against Covid. We’ll see if they can get things under control in time to play a week from Saturday.

Of course Texas is preparing as if the game will be played. We’ve heard practices have been great and there’s a real sense of urgency. That’s not true, we didn’t hear either of those things, but we have heard some positives whether fans want those positives to exist or not.

Within the team, there's a strong group that is vocal about winning out. The names won’t surprise you: Sam Ehlinger, Joseph Ossai, Josh Thompson, and Keondre Coburn have all been singled out for their vocal leadership. These players are making a concerted effort to keep the team positive and eager to prepare for Baylor.

Frankly, we were expecting to hear about a fractured team, one that has started to tune out the coaches but that is not the case. The players still believe in the coaches and vice versa. The sense on the team is the coaches are doing a better job of putting players in positions to make plays than fans think. The players blame themselves for lack of discipline, mental errors, and letting their technique get away from them. There is a palpable sense of accountability with the players.

Tom Herman made sure to have energetic practices this week by practicing good on good. The first team defense and first team offense went against each other in hopes of improving team discipline. You don’t have to play as sharp or with as much intensity practicing against the scout team.

Of course they’ve spent a lot of time working on technique and fundamentals. None of this is meant to make you think they’re improving, or they’ll win out, it’s just to tell you how they‘ve spent their time.

Aside coverage busts the feeling behind the scenes is the defense continues to show improvement. I mentioned to a source they looked tired in Dallas and got back a derisive, “they were on the field too much.” Not-so-complementary football, imo.

Many impatient fans are wondering why Herman hasn’t been fired yet. Aside the obvious, he’s only four games into the season, we’d say it’s because he hasn’t lost the team.

A couple weeks ago we wrote a piece about the 2018 class titled “It’s now or next year.” It was written within the context of the TCU, OU, Baylor, Oklahoma State four game stretch. For Tom Herman, it’s now or never starting with the next two games.

if you are going to do that why didn't you just keep Tim Beck?

no, seriously. what is the point of bringing in Yurcich (who is absolutely a known quantity), paying him that much over that many years guaranteed then putting a governor on him?

what a fucking moron.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

See the source image

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Don't know how reliable this Texans7 guy is on 24/7 but he did call Guilbeau (not really a shot per say..) and the most recent OL commit. 

Here we go... Says that there's one and only one choice that being Urban Meyer. Money is there. New coach will be announced Dec 1st. 

Feel like it's Lotus under a new handle... But fuck it today was slow in the rumor mill department. 

8 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

guess the news is finally starting to leak out

Hide contents

players have been talking about it all week

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

image.gif.3db28dc10ef8e8d168c258b2920c36

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Herman is flatly and obviously not genuine. Even guys completely wowed by his gimmicks will eventually see through to the true narcissist underneath. When that happens, they'll see the obvious - he doesn't give a shit about anyone else but himself. 

Tom Herman is that guy who thinks he is the smartest person in the room, pulling the wool over everyone's eyes but the second he walks out everyone rolls their eyes says "Thank God" under their breaths and commence having a good time.

At least Charlie Strong was seemingly a likeable dude. We know Mack at least appeared to be.

It's hard to be an asshole of that magnitude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Tom Herman is that guy who thinks he is the smartest person in the room, pulling the wool over everyone's eyes but the second he walks out everyone rolls their eyes says "Thank God" under their breaths and commence having a good time.

At least Charlie Strong was seemingly a likeable dude. We know Mack at least appeared to be.

It's hard to be an asshole of that magnitude.

Charlie is more likable than Tom.  But, I don't think he's as great a guy as some make him out to be.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yea, just ask the dude whose wife he banged.

Yea some advice from a relative old like me.  If your wife is giving another dude a Rolex, it's probably not because of his impressive work with Bridgewater and Harry Douglas

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Texas going all in on playing the game with Urban Meyer at the helm is every single one of our rivals worst nightmares. Which is exactly why it HAS to happen

And aggy will completely implode, that will be fun.   The absolute dejection from my aggy acquaintances and friends who thought they had finally surpassed us by being able to steal a MNC winning coach...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

And aggy will completely implode, that will be fun.   The absolute dejection from my aggy acquaintances and friends who thought they had finally surpassed us by being able to steal a MNC winning coach...

Funny you say that, talked to an aggy buddy yesterday about this scenario and he said “would be my worst nightmare. We would have to go out of state for nearly every recruit, plus play an SEC schedule with at least two guaranteed losses and pay Jimbo all this money just to finish third in the SEC west every year while Texas gets a free pass to the CFP every single year”. It hasn’t happened yet but the thought alone is just beautiful 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Funny you say that, talked to an aggy buddy yesterday about this scenario and he said “would be my worst nightmare. We would have to go out of state for nearly every recruit, plus play an SEC schedule with at least two guaranteed losses and pay Jimbo all this money just to finish third in the SEC west every year while Texas gets a free pass to the CFP every single year”. It hasn’t happened yet but the thought alone is just beautiful 

how high is he riding off that FL win?  One of the two dipshit aggy people I know is sky high on this team and this season.. he actually thinks the Bama loss was a fluke, they would win for certain if they ever rematched..smh.. I don't say shit anymore, Fuck you Tom

*The other really isn't a dipshit*

Edited by Thiefery

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas