Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Cross post from devin thread. Sam deserves credit for this thtow too.

If he can make that throw, I am hopeful he can improve on the deep middle throw.

It really is the last thing left for Sam imo. Maybe trusting his arm and taking a few more chances on tight windows, but that is being picky.

32 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Waking back to the car Saturday and some students behind us were talking about how they “love Sam’s story but don’t know if he is really the one to get us to a championship and how he is not a top 10 quarterback”.  

I weep for our future.

Those kids clearly don't understand what they are watching.  The coaches are obviously game planning to protect Sam from taking too many hits.  When they can do that against a team as good as OSU, that tells me they have a lot of confidence in the rest of the offense and the O-Line in particular to open holes for the conventional running game. 

• Like 2

Waking back to the car Saturday and some students behind us were talking about how they “love Sam’s story but don’t know if he is really the one to get us to a championship and how he is not a top 10 quarterback”.  
I weep for our future.
Idiots at ESPN could also say the same thing. Stupidity doesn't care about age.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pacman said:

Cross post from devin thread. Sam deserves credit for this thtow too.

If he can make that throw, I am hopeful he can improve on the deep middle throw.

It really is the last thing left for Sam imo. Maybe trusting his arm and taking a few more chances on tight windows, but that is being picky.

I think the late TD to Jake Smith against LSU was seriously threading the needle.... Over the LB and between the safeties. He's got it in him, that's for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Those kids clearly don't understand what they are watching.  The coaches are obviously game planning to protect Sam from taking too many hits.  When they can do that against a team as good as OSU, that tells me they have a lot of confidence in the rest of the offense and the O-Line in particular to open holes for the conventional running game. 

Yeah. The coaches o OT called a run for him a Few times. I think a couple were in the third when they realized we needed to get two scores up on OSU.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

He got burned when he attempted a tight-window throw to Epps.

I guess the answer there is to not target Epps in that situation.

That was on Epps. Epps ran a shitty route. If he doesn’t drift up field so much, it’s either a catch or incompletion. 

The only two things Sam needs to work on is deep throws and not locoming in so much on a single guy. He’s been spoiled with guys like CJ and LJH last year and CJ and Duv this year that he can get away with it, but when someone like Epps is in there, it doesn’t work. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:56 AM, TexEx15 said:

I weep for our future.

Some students don't know anything about football. It's ok, cool hook em.

I think he is almost at elite college QB status now that he has Duvernay and Collins similar to having LJH and Collins last year. Unfortunately, Collins has been hurt but Eagles looks like a shining star. He can use his eyes to throw off safties, his vision is even better than last year as where he can be looking at one side of the field and still see the open WR on the other, hes made nearly perfect decisions on most of his throws, and he can run with the ball.

The areas I have seen that havent made him an elite QB are a minority of his passes have been out of comftorable catching radius, he sometimes holds onto the ball too long, he doesnt take the open space to run anymore. But all of these may be to coaching decisions and his rib injury. If he is back next year I am 100% certain he will be a top 5 Heisman candidate and one of the top 10 best players in college football for all positions.

5 hours ago, d.plainview872 said:

I think he is almost at elite college QB status now that he has Duvernay and Collins similar to having LJH and Collins last year. Unfortunately, Collins has been hurt but Eagles looks like a shining star. He can use his eyes to throw off safties, his vision is even better than last year as where he can be looking at one side of the field and still see the open WR on the other, hes made nearly perfect decisions on most of his throws, and he can run with the ball.

The areas I have seen that havent made him an elite QB are a minority of his passes have been out of comftorable catching radius, he sometimes holds onto the ball too long, he doesnt take the open space to run anymore. But all of these may be to coaching decisions and his rib injury. If he is back next year I am 100% certain he will be a top 5 Heisman candidate and one of the top 10 best players in college football for all positions.

I'd be curious to hear who you think the top 5 QBs in cfb are, currently. 

On 9/22/2019 at 4:18 PM, lemonandaturd said:

If Dak Prescott can make millions  in the NFL, so can Sam.  I hope he pushes Baker Mayfield's shit in two years from now.  

It's all about what team drafts em. 

Teams like Washington are a death sentence. Put em with good coaching he's got a chance.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

It's all about what team drafts em. 

Teams like Washington are a death sentence. Put em with good coaching he's got a chance.

Yep.  Seems like Sam's smaller than Dak, but not by much.  He's taller and only 10lbs lighter.  He has a chance to be a really special player for us

55 minutes ago, NoName said:

hopefully they can finally blow the doors of someone early and he can get some (serious) rest before the back half of the season?

Ehlinger only played the first drive of the 2nd half vs. Rice. I’m not sure you can expect much more rest than that (or how that and La Tech weren’t considered “blowing the doors off.”) Even when we were routinely blowing teams out in the 2000s, the starting QB would play the first drive after the half-that’s pretty standard.

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yep.  Seems like Sam's smaller than Dak, but not by much.  He's taller and only 10lbs lighter.  He has a chance to be a really special player for us

I wouldn't take listings as gospel. Dak measured 6-2.25 barefoot at the combine. Sam will likely come in below than that, but he's a better passer than Dak was at this point.

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I wouldn't take listings as gospel. Dak measured 6-2.25 barefoot at the combine. Sam will likely come in below than that, but he's a better passer than Dak was at this point.

Of course, but I'd have lost any bet that Dak and Sam were even comparable in height/weight.  

19 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

That explains why he hasn’t looked so good lately. Oh wait.

Maybe it explains the INT.  Gotta clean that shit up.

18 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So either the LT game or an escooter accident. 

If I saw Sam on a scooter, I'd kick his ass.

Ok, I wouldn't.  But I'd have some choice words for him.  Mostly along the lines of "Uh, gee Sam.  You sure are great.  Heh heh."