Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

He has looked like freshman Sam the past two weeks.

You know how I know you didn't watch Texas in 2017?

Sam had 400 yards passing on 9 yards/attempt and 4 TDs, as well as 90 yards rushing (sack adjusted) and multiple drive saving third down scrambles.

He was less dynamic vs OU for sure, but he played about as well as he could have given the pressure he faced. He was sacked nine times. Almost half the sacks taken all year in one game. And he was left out to dry by his receivers who dropped both first downs and touchdowns.

In conclusion, post less.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Sam had 400 yards passing on 9 yards/attempt and 4 TDs, as well as 90 yards rushing (sack adjusted) and multiple drive saving third down scrambles.

He was less dynamic vs OU for sure, but he played about as well as he could have given the pressure he faced. He was sacked nine times. Almost half the sacks taken all year in one game. And he was left out to dry by his receivers who dropped both first downs and touchdowns.

Maybe having less reads in the progression would allow him to get rid of the ball sooner.  The fuck do I know, but when there was less "stuff" to think about and process, our offense looked pretty fucking good.  It seemed like last season, it was two quick WR looks and then tuck and run.  We moved the ball very efficiently.

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Well if you look at the date of my post it was before the Kansas game you fucking moron. So the two games I was talking about were WVU and OU in which he posted his 2 worst QBR performances. In the OU game it was the worst passing performance I had seen from Sam since his freshman year and the stats assuredly back that up. He was sacked 9 times vs OU yes, but anybody with even a tiny bit of football knowledge could see that half of those fell squarely on Sam. Im not the only one who thought Sam looked off, maybe injured, against those two teams and that his processing was the slowest it had been in a long time. Maybe if you read when I made that post you wouldn’t make yourself look like a fucking idiot. 

Edited by Cap Hooked

Well if you look at the date of my post it was before the Kansas game you fucking moron. So the two games I was talking about were WVU and OU in which he posted his 2 worst QBR performances. In the OU game it was the worst passing performance I had seen from Sam since his freshman year and the stats assuredly back that up. He was sacked 9 times vs OU yes, but anybody with even a tiny bit of football knowledge could see that half of those fell squarely on Sam. Im not the only one who thought Sam looked off, maybe injured, against those two teams and that his processing was the slowest it had been in a long time. Maybe if you read when I made that post you wouldn’t make yourself look like a fucking idiot. 

Hah. You are right - missed the date, looked like a dipshit. Sorry for that. Quite the self own.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Sam's first pick looked super similar to one he threw in the spring game, actually. Same idea; a fatal misjudgment on a short crossing route when he could have tucked and run instead.

it's maryland last year all over again. poor reads and forcing the ball

I know it’s easy to say this in hindsight, but this is why I hated the “we’re baaack” shit after the sugar bowl last year. Announcing you’ve arrived when you haven’t won shit in 10 years probably isn’t a good idea. I’m not saying beating UGA was a fluke last year, but winning a non playoff bowl game against a big name opponent is par for the course for Herman. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 3:05 PM, Zavala said:

Yep.

Also, Casey doesn't suck, he just looks like he hasn't developed into a really good passer yet - only a wildcat. Basically he's Jerrod Heard. 

Came on here to check this.  Sam is definitely avoiding running.  And his passing was the worst I've ever seen from him.

These guys that think Sam is some sort of water walker are suffering from acute cases of terminal euphoria. He’s had two or three outstanding games and the rest have been somewhere between yawn and disaster, for the life of me I can’t see the attraction.  The guy is little more than a joke at this point.  Anything less than a Natty next year and he will be remembered as longest failed experiment ever. That was awful today -

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 10/24/2019 at 3:27 PM, gmr548 said:

Just wanted to take a moment to once again tell you to go fuck yourself moron.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

It feels like Sam is trying too hard to prove he can win in the pocket. Ideally, he'd be far more willing to run because that's what makes him special.

He should be looking to run far before trying to force balls into coverage or throw "50/50" balls to CJ

He’s like Dak.  Not accurate enough to be a pocket passer.  If he’s not willing to tuck it and run when there’s green field ahead, he’s ineffective.  

• Like 2