Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I’m going to get slammed for this I'm sure but ...

If I’m Sam, I look at transferring for my senior year. The WR corps looks to be pretty brutal and he’s seen how Herman bogs the offense down when uptempo is working. 

If I was good enough to play for Texas I wouldn't transfer even if David McWilliams was coaching the offense, John Mackovic was coaching the defense, and Charlie Strong was the coin flip coach.

But you do you.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

If I was good enough to play for Texas I wouldn't transfer even if David McWilliams was coaching the offense, John Mackovic was coaching the defense, and Charlie Strong was the coin flip coach.

But you do you.

"I don't have any doubt that Charlie is a fine coach. I think he would make a great position coach, maybe a coin flip coordinator"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2019 at 8:37 AM, Dr. Beeper said:

Nope. Good possession receiver. Good athlete. No separation. I’m not taking up for our shit coaches. But Collin’s issues aren’t coaching. They are, for example, that he’s nowhere near the talent that Eagles is, yet gets hyped as such. 

Think he can beat any of LJH's combine numbers?

On 10/28/2019 at 8:37 AM, Dr. Beeper said:

Nope. Good possession receiver. Good athlete. No separation. I’m not taking up for our shit coaches. But Collin’s issues aren’t coaching. They are, for example, that he’s nowhere near the talent that Eagles is, yet gets hyped as such. 

Collin is overrated... the small CB for TCU really had his way with him.  I know the TCU CB will probably play in the NFL, but I'm not sure if Collin will even get drafted... 

Allen Lazard seemed like a better college WR than Collin and Lazard went undrafted.  (Now with Green Bay.)

CJ is a beast.  We would have flat out lost to Kansas without him.  He has kept us in or won us a bunch of games over his career.  So he’s not Megatron.   Who is?   He has flypaper hands, blocks his ass off,  and makes plays in crunch time.  He’s all team too. Fuck the criticism of him.  He’s the absolute least of our worries and very much on the side of what’s going well. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The RPOs that Texas used against KSU several times really opened up the passing game. Sam was back near 10 yards an attempt. The INT was a stupid throw, as he 1) missed the window to throw to Duvernay and 2) had Johnson and Ingram wide open latter in the routes 3) looks like Epps ran the wrong route which allowed his defender to leave him and undercut the poor throw.

Edited by HtownHorn

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The RPOs that Texas used against KSU several times really opened up the passing game. Sam was back near 10 yards an attempt. The INT was a stupid throw, as he 1) missed the window to throw to Duvernay and 2) had Johnson and Ingram wide open latter in the routes 3) looks like Epps ran the wrong route which allowed his defender to leave him and undercut the poor throw.

A few times K-State was doubling both Collin and Devin on the same play.  

Need Texas to be able to run the ball out of the 10 package with Jake and Eagles on the field... Cyclones are gonna take Collin and Devin away and ignore Epps so Jake needs play and threaten the Iowa State safeties....

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I would honestly rather have Case Mccoy this season 

Ehlinger played a great game, dude. He was let down by a stupid-ass gameplan, especially on the final drive.

Ehlinger had finally got the offense clicking, so what did Herman do? Turtle, take the ball out of Ehlinger's hands, and rely on our defense (which predictably failed).

• Like 2

Just now, satyanash said:

Ehlinger played a great game, dude. He was let down by a stupid-ass gameplan, especially on the final drive.

Ehlinger had finally got the offense clicking, so what did Herman do? Turtle, take the ball out of Ehlinger's hands, and rely on our defense (which predictably failed).

Our entire program is a clusterfuck from top to bottom. I'm sitting here watching Baylor face fuck choklahoma while Sam could barely complete a forward pass against them. 

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That's not really fair. Don't overlook the role our special teams played in securing the loss. All three phases.

Edited by honolulu horn

14 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Our entire program is a clusterfuck from top to bottom. I'm sitting here watching Baylor face fuck choklahoma while Sam could barely complete a forward pass against them. 

He hasn’t tried yet, but yeah, if we trot out the same horseshit scheme we do every other week, Baylor will sit on our routes, our run game will get stuffed and Sam will hold onto the ball too long or throw into coverage. There’s a reason we came back when they moved to 4 - 5 wide sets and crossing routes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigcigar said:

He hasn’t tried yet, but yeah, if we trot out the same horseshit scheme we do every other week, Baylor will sit on our routes, our run game will get stuffed and Sam will hold onto the ball too long or throw into coverage. There’s a reason we came back when they moved to 4 - 5 wide sets and crossing routes.

It's utterly depressing seeing a team go from 1-11 to thumping these dick bags while undefeated.

20 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Maybe, but this game wasn't on Sam.  TCU was, but this wasn't.  Is he perfect?  Nope, but 300 yds, 3 TDs and no turnovers with an unbelievably dumb game plan and god awful sequencing of play calls in which we went from run, run, pass, punt to pass, pass, pass from the first 35 minutes to the last 25, was good enough to win.  Tonight's loss was on the coaches, plain and simple and saying one wants Case McCoy instead of tonight's Sam is a clusterfuck opinion.  Being disappointed and frustrated is understandable.  Opinionated shitting your pants is fucking dumb in itself.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Maybe, but this game wasn't on Sam.  TCU was, but this wasn't.  Is he perfect?  Nope, but 300 yds, 3 TDs and no turnovers with an unbelievably dumb game plan and god awful sequencing of play calls in which we went from run, run, pass, punt to pass, pass, pass from the first 35 minutes to the last 25, was good enough to win.  Tonight's loss was on the coaches, plain and simple and saying one wants Case McCoy instead of tonight's Sam is a clusterfuck opinion.  Being disappointed and frustrated is understandable.  Opinionated shitting your pants is fucking dumb in itself.

Sam is part of the problem. He did well, but he had his ass saved, too. (See Brennan Eagles td). I saw some really errant throws that were pretty damn bad for a junior in college at a major program to be making. He isn't the main problem, but he isn't some savior, either. Somewhere he went from really good to regressing back to his freshman self. I find it difficult to believe that the coaches are making him miss throws or falling down. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

I'm not willing to say Sam played terribly this game.

ISU shut down the base package of 11 personnel because Texas is incredibly predictable and only does a few things out of that. Once the offense was opened up, Sam delivered two 80 plus yard drives.

I wasn't watching super closely until the 4th and I'm not about to rewatch that shit. Sam didn't make every play but he made quite a few when given legitimate opportunities. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, that's a coaching loss.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just now, gmr548 said:

I'm not willing to say Sam played terribly this game.

ISU shut down the base package of 11 personnel because Texas is incredibly predictable and only does a few things out of that. Once the offense was opened up, Sam delivered two 80 plus yard drives.

I wasn't watching super closely until the 4th and I'm not about to rewatch that shit. Sam didn't make every play but he made quite a few when given legitimate opportunities. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, that's a coaching loss.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

To me, it's a team loss. Coaches doing what they do, and kids not catching, throwing bad passes, etc. Don't get me wrong, I believe Sam is better than has been displayed this season, but he certainly doesn't look anywhere close to his sophomore self. 

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Sam single handedly kept us in this game u fucking idiots

without sam, herman is gone at the end of this season and we likely have 3-4 more losses over the past 3 seasons

Man. You lovvvveee Sam. It’s like you think he’s playing out of this world and it’s the only reason we’re competitive. He’s mediocre. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2

One play I noticed sums up what I’ve been seeing. Sam had Duvernay open on a simple short crossing route. But Sam double clutched and stared him down for an extra second or two, giving the ISU defender enough time to close the distance and hit Duv as soon as he caught it. 

Had Sam just thrown the ball without hesitating, Duv catches it with room to run and probably gains at least another 5 yards. Why did he hesitate there? Why the second guessing? 

He looks indecisive too often. He is not playing with confidence. Dogshit coaching has drained it out of him or something.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1