Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

34 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't think this is far off. Except one huge difference. Tebow got to play with Urban Meyer (I know , the bad boogeyman!!), one of the best coaches of this era. I'd put him right behind Saban. Sam has played with Tom Herman and this junk OC. Tebow was in a great situation with the stockpile of talent they had. Florida from 2006 to 2009 was a fucking monster when it came to talent and coaching. I think Sam could have succeeded if you placed him there. And Tebow would not even be close to as revered if he he had to play for Herman, this staff and this talent.

Yeah Tebow had Harvin and a better scheme, but he was also one of the greatest QBs of all time. Sam, I love the guy, but he just isn't in the same relm.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

Tebow’s teams had some bad ass, pipe swinging dudes that murdered people.  

Yeah and one of those dudes WAS TEBOW. I was at this game, the cocky linebacker with the neck board was talking a ton of shit before the game. He got trucked so bad by Tebow in one of the first drives. Tebow just didn't stop dude he was nuts.

you motherfuckers need to take a break from the footballs. sure we suck but for getting wound up too much on sam's comment is a bit much. dude has a shitty HC and offensive game plan and he is trying to balance out his comment from after the suga bowl. 

his play this year wasn't that great. but i am not going to put that on him.  a player that comes in one year then is dramatically better the next year has something going for them. i put this shithole year on the terrible game planning he has to work around that effectively burned his game to the ground. really bad offensive football from the beginning of the season and it eventually caught up to Sam. was bound to happen. 

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

Ebert's is so fucking stupid

this. that guy knows shitall about football.  Sam needs to say" it wasn't the season we wanted and we are going to work hard to make next year much better.  it was good to get the seniors a victory."

Rome wasn't built in a day sounds like parroting our shitty head coach.

52 minutes ago, staboner said:

you motherfuckers need to take a break from the footballs. sure we suck but for getting wound up too much on sam's comment is a bit much. dude has a shitty HC and offensive game plan and he is trying to balance out his comment from after the suga bowl. 

his play this year wasn't that great. but i am not going to put that on him.  a player that comes in one year then is dramatically better the next year has something going for them. i put this shithole year on the terrible game planning he has to work around that effectively burned his game to the ground. really bad offensive football from the beginning of the season and it eventually caught up to Sam. was bound to happen. 

we can all agree herman sucks and not much of this shitty season is Sam's fault. he probably lost 2 games for us but won us at least 3 and kept us from getting dick punched by LSU and OU.

15 hours ago, BurntOrangeSatire, LLC said:

Think we're casting to negative a light on some QB speak from a young man who had a disappointing season overall compared to expectations. Haven't really been paying attention to whether or not he's had his head caved in after his comments after the sugar bowl. But obligatory what is he supposed to say? "Rome wasn't built in a day..." is about as vanilla as it goes. For all intents and porpoises, I don't think anybody knows where the offense went. Dude had some white bread answers after the last game of a shit season. Sam is far from where any vitriol should be directed. 

The offense really didn't go anywhere.  It basically stayed the same by the numbers.

2018: 2143 yards rushing w/ 24 TDs, 3615 yards receiving w/ 28 TDs

2019: 2064 yards rushing w/ 24 TDs, 3554 yards receiving w/ 29 TDs

As for Sam having a disappointing season, not really?

2018 Sam: 3292 yards, 64.7% completion rate, 25 TDs, 5 INTs  <-- On a team that actually played some sort of defense, wasn't completely wrecked by injuries

2019 Sam: 3462 yards, 65.1% completion rate, 29 TDs, 9 INTs  <-- On a team that couldn't stop tripping over their own dicks, played much better competition, forgot how to tackle, who had like 500 guys in the medbay

You're absolutely right that Sam ain't the problem.  Kid has killed himself for us.  Unfortunately, he's stuck with an egotistical idiot for a HC who has surrounded himself with even worse coordinators.  When your coach's stupid play calling constantly get you into 3rd and long it's hard to have a lot of success.  When the defense is so bad you constantly have to play from behind and under pressure it's hard to have a lot of success.  Yet Sam still managed to essentially match his Sophomore campaign. 

What we needed to see this year was better play calling and game decisions from Mensa and Orlan_o actually figuring out how to coach his side of the ball.  We got none of that.  Instead, we got a fuck ton of injuries and better opponents who took full advantage of our inept coaching staff and roster deficiencies. 

Edited by SpiralOut
  • Like 6

LMAO at people getting their shorts in a wad over a dumb statement by a college FB player.  Come on.  Sam is a lot of things, but Socrates he ain't.  

And where did all this Tebow shit come from?  Sam is a better passer, a lesser athlete, and has far less "it".  That's OK.  As much as people love to rag on Tebow, he was an extraordinary athlete and a galvanizing leader on the field.  Tebow was closer to Vince Young than Sam in that regard.  Guys like that don't come along very often.  Colt was fairly close in the "it" category.  Sam?  Nah.  But I'll keep him.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this like when Malcolm Roach posted he was going to forgo the draft and come back last year lol.

Cosmi would still get drafted.  Sam maybe in the 7th round.... maybe.  Both would be dumb to enter this year but I don’t blame them.  I’d want to explore my options after how shitty the offense coaches were this year despite the talent we had.