Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 hours ago, deech said:

So the hosts were talking on Sportsradio so this may all be bullshit, but if Sam wanted - he could come back next year and play also due to COVID this year does not count as a year of eligibility burned?  They said there is no clarity regarding scholarship totals from the NCAA, but was just curious if that was true.

It's a free year for everyone. Seniors will still be seniors in 2021, if they choose. 

21 hours ago, texanbychoice said:

To me this just cements how great Colt was. God, what a surprise for us. emoji1591.png

I still remember seeing him run up and down the court at the state basketball championships, looking like a skinny, emaciated fawn, thinking "there is no way this kid will ever be a D-1 player, let alone a starter."

16 minutes ago, El Squared said:

SIAP: there appeared to be  at least 2 maybe 3 blown routes, where Sam seemed non-gruntled w/ his WR.

Anyone know who that might have been?

Sam looked pissed after 2 Eagles targets. The 2nd was possibly just a Sam over-throw. 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

blOU fans on Twitter are pissed 😁

Someone should tell them Rattler can win it when he starts playing FBS teams. And also that they should eat a bag of dicks. 

14 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It looked like two vertical-option routes where Eagles and Sam were not making the same post-snap read.

9 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

I counted at least three times where Sam and Eagles didn't look like they were on the same page.  Not sure who's fault it was.  Check out Eagles and Whittington on this play:

Nice work. I thought I remembered 3 involving Eagles. Based on what we know about the two of them, I’m gonna go ahead and assume that Eagles was in the wrong all 3 times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The other one isn't really clear:    

Maybe he was to cut back the other direction toward the pylon on that one but cut in? That was the one I couldn’t figure out. If he does that it’s likely a touchdown or a catch at the 1 hardline.  

So I’ll say Eagles fault.

Looking at it the DB is sitting on the inside so yeah I think it was one of those out routes at sideline.

28bc8991d8e6102faaad66947d5326ee.jpg

Sam is about .5 seconds from throwing to him and you see eagles breaking down to make the cut.

23 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Maybe he was to cut back the other direction toward the pylon on that one but cut in? That was the one I couldn’t figure out. If he does that it’s likely a touchdown or a catch at the 1 hardline.  

So I’ll say Eagles fault.

Looking at it the DB is sitting on the inside so yeah I think it was one of those out routes at sideline.

28bc8991d8e6102faaad66947d5326ee.jpg

Sam is about .5 seconds from throwing to him and you see eagles breaking down to make the cut.

Christian Jones....uh....whatcha doing buddy?

On 8/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

Any qb starting for Riley will be a heisman hopeful every august.   But he will receive plenty of votes by december when they see how good he is.

Kingsbury, Symons, Cumins, Harrell and Mahomes all laugh at your offensive stats and QB Heisman winners.   

48 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Based on Ehlinger's skillset, which NFL team would give him the best chance at success???

It'd be nice if he went to some place with a firmly-entrenched, maybe older starter so he can come up behind them for a few years. We all love Sam but it's tough to predict he'll be NFL-starter ready in 12 months.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B00M said:

49ers or Rams would be fun... Just any where but the Browns or Jets, please baby Jesus.

6 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Raiders!!! Make it so Chucky. 

Thanks... still trying to figure out who coaches to a style that matches Ehlinger. Probably needs to be a team that is strong defensively, and has a decent o-line.  Crazy to think Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl as QB of the Ravens.

Maybe the Indianapolis Colts??

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Thanks... still trying to figure out who coaches to a style that matches Ehlinger. Probably needs to be a team that is strong defensively, and has a decent o-line.  Crazy to think Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl as QB of the Ravens.

Those Ravens had a generational defense and a 1300 rusher in rookie RB- Jamal Lewis.

Baltimore went 5 games( 21 quarters) without scoring a TD that season.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1029464-trent-dilfer-brad-johnson-and-the-8-worst-qbs-to-ever-wear-a-super-bowl-ring

Just send him to the Patriots. If Belichek can win with Cam Newton, he can win with anybody.

14 hours ago, Modessit said:
17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Just send him to the Patriots. If Belichek can win with Cam Newton, he can win with anybody.

Cam Newton, of course, being the worst qb in the history of the league? lulz....plenty of worse QBs than Cam

Edited by Sleepygrad