Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

15 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

A lot of it is actually easy. Throw it to Wilson and Olave. Those guys aren't the 3rd read. Same reason every OU QB will put up numbers. Riley and Day make much of it easy. But a great oline and game breaking WRs.

Every offense gets those easy gimme plays for a QB. We need more just like the Bijan game clincher vs WVU. The TCU game we had several but screwed them up with senseless penalties.

I remember thinking that back in the Tressel days too, when you had a guy as unpolished as Terrelle Pryor hitting deep shots to wide open guys. I guess elite OL and WR play are the common denominators.

Edited by Nope

23 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You bringing up JC in ‘07 and failing to acknowledge your mistake is a derailment. Very simply Colt had no running game in ‘08 or ‘09. None. The worst I’ve seen at Texas. He also didn’t have a line that Sam had after ‘06. I would argue Sam’s lines were better in every year than ‘07 and beyond. Or at the very least comparable. Our running game is fine. We have three backs and 2 of them are capable of 1,000 yards every season, but with Sam, there are 4 runners to spread carries amongst. In ‘08 and ‘09, Colt didn’t have a runner with NEAR the talent of Keontay or Bijan. Not even close. I would actually call the receiving talent a wash but Colt gets the edge there because of 3 years to get chemistry with Quan and 4 with Ship. The biggest difference in these teams isn’t head coaching or surrounding talent. It’s defense, defensive coaching (part on head coach) and QB. 

Ok I can admit I moved the goal posts in my argument lol. Head coaching isn’t a big difference between Colt’s career and Sam’s career tho? That part I just can’t agree with bud. Mack was fiercely loyal to Greg Davis which is almost indefensible in itself lol except that Colt knew what he was running and could run it blind. Herman on the other hand has hired two OC’s just to finger fuck both of their schemes. Sam isn’t good enough to overcome Herman. I’ll say this tho maybe Colt could have covered for Herman better than Sam has been able to. This has been a good argument tho, great points on both sides. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Mack at that time was worlds better than Herman. I don’t think head coaching set Colt up better for offensive success than Sam, if that makes any sense. I think it’s a wash. 

Yeah I understand what you mean. Hopefully shadow operative doesn’t take any of this shit to heart. These arguments that involve a ton of subjective thought never really end. A big 12 title for Sam might change some perceptions but if he blows and the defense wins it then it hurts his reputation lol. Surly at its best is what we have here today. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I agree with you regarding Herman and the immense pressure out on him. You framed it in a manner I haven’t considered and appreciate that. 

Calling Sam mediocre-to-bad is laughable obvious hyperbole, and then following that up with Westlake references is just unproductive. You’re doing what many of us do - being extreme to the opposite end to make a point about others you seem too extremist. 

Sam does the right things. Says the right things. Refrains from making controversial comments. Has a great story. Herman, despite being under that immense pressure, is exactly the opposite. He flicks off cameras, gets in radio fights, blames message boards for recruiting failures, and is generally a smug arrogant ass. When you combine that his 63.8% winning rate, you should understand the hatred for him. 

I believe i said "at times bad-mediocre". Sam is a good college QB who I would put up there with Applewhite, Sims, James Brown, or even Duke Carlisle if we wanted to go back that far. A top 10 QB in school history with a shot at cracking the top 5 depending on how this year ends. So when I said that he's been "at times mediocre - down right bad", i'm pointing to his i inconsistency, not saying that he *is* mediocre-bad. He also ranges from great - holy shit! at times as well, no doubt. There's a lot more that's good about him than bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

So he’s less accurate when a WR has a defender draped all over him? Cool!! Sounds like more of an indictment on our WRs than Sam but whatever 

The point stands that there are 40 CFB quarterbacks who are better than him at it. Highest rated last year? Joe Burrow. Best in the NFL? Aaron Rodgers.

8 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

OUs RS freshman QB (that we all made fun of to start the year) is better after 7 games than 4 year starter Sam. That’s the reality of Sam as our QB. 

And don’t chime in with “coaching!” Or “team around him!” Ratter has already made 2 or 3 throws this game Sam isn’t capable of.

This is a retarded take but ok

• Hook 'Em 1

OUs RS freshman QB (that we all made fun of to start the year) is better after 7 games than 4 year starter Sam. That’s the reality of Sam as our QB. 

And don’t chime in with “coaching!” Or “team around him!” Ratter has already made 2 or 3 throws this game Sam isn’t capable of.
I'd love to watch a game in your presence.

18 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Yeah, he's absolutely a freshman and makes so many mistakes, but I'd kill for our QB to have an arm like that. 

Lol, Rattler has an NFL arm.  That’s why he was the #1 qb in his class.   Combine that with good coaching from a guy that has now had his last 3 QBs get drafted, two of whom were the #1 pick, it’s no surprise Rattler looks good.

What’s concerning is that our “offensive” coach can’t get our 4th year QB, veteran OL, and blue chip skill players to look remotely functional.  That’s why Sam looks bad.  Sam will never be the QB rattler is, but I can promise you he would be a lot better if he was coached by Riley.  We hired a fraud as a head coach.  We are seeing the results of it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

This is a retarded take but ok

Go ahead and hit me with all the times Sam has thrown an accurate back shoulder fade for a TD based on the coverage look. 

21 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I'd love to watch a game in your presence.

Admittedly hasn’t been a great experience the last couple of years. We’d make a great foil though as you pump that sunshine and I act like a grumpy little bitch while we look like shit (again).

12 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

So are we not counting all times he threw that pass to Duvernay last season. 

All the times?? Can you show me one?

I thought we’ll I do drink during many games so maybe I’m misremembering. So I just watched a ~5 highlight reel of Duv. Zero back shoulder throws. To be fair to Sam a few good throws but definitely not that throw.

All the times?? Can you show me one?
I thought we’ll I do drink during many games so maybe I’m misremembering. So I just watched a ~5 highlight reel of Duv. Zero back shoulder throws. To be fair to Sam a few good throws but definitely not that throw.
You notice looks like garbage when pressured right? He has over 100 yards "passing" from passes caught behind the los.

Can't say we do much back shoulder stuff.

Just last game. Out route to Smith. Over the middle to Black (dpi too). Perfectly thrown balls.

9 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

You notice looks like garbage when pressured right? He has over 100 yards "passing" from passes caught behind the los.

Can't say we do much back shoulder stuff.

Just last game. Out route to Smith. Over the middle to Black (dpi too). Perfectly thrown balls.

I’m not gonna compliment the dipshit sooner again so whatever. 

Never said Sam doesn’t make good throws here and there - you’re right the throw to black was money. Problem is he had 2 or 3 probable TDs he missed before that. He’s a solid QB in a vacuum. I’m just pissed this is what we’re getting after 4 years (while OU has literally trotted out 4 superior QBs over that time, only 1 recruited and only 2 more highly regarded out of HS). If you’re content with this QB play from a 4h year starter at Texas, we’re just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Rattler isn't better. He has 2 gimme TDs today. Lots of no read passes. And what I mean by that is the defense is so lost on the playcall any high school QB is completing the pass. We have those on a less frequent basis. Yeah his arm is stronger.

What I'm telling you is I watch without my head in my ass. All QBs miss open guys. All QBs lock in on their receivers from time to time. All QBs make bad throws. Justin Fields today had 4 horrendous plays because he finally saw pressure. Like Freshman Ehlinger vs OSU overtime horrendous. It happens. Of Fields 18 completions, 15 were to Olave and Wilson. You think he's reading a damn thing? Sam's not playing as well this year. Probably for multiple reasons. Some his fault; some not. Certainly he's a smarter football player so why is comp % down so much? I'd say inconsistency all around him. It's disappointing for all of us. How do you think he feels?

Why were Mayfield, Murray and Hurts all significantly better than at their previous stops? Several reasons. But Hurts is the best indicator because he had significant playing time and talent around him wasn't better compared to Bama. Riley and his system is a big reason.

The TCU loss was not on Sam. The OU loss not on Sam but he had some crappy plays. He also had some damn good ones. Stupid oline penalties killed drives in both games. The fumble versus TCU. How often do you see that? The fumble on the ou opening drive was absolutely killer. Massive massive momentum killer. And huge hit to our confidence.

And again no one has said he's Young or Colt. But discussions including their crappy performances and plays is reasonable for comparison purposes. Especially if a negative argument is that he never should gave beaten Tech cause the first 27 minutes of the second half he did jack squat. Lucky for Vince that Kansas game wasn't 57 minutes long. And Sam has shown much like those guys if you give him the ball late with a chance to win, you have a great opportunity to do just that.

So yeah I'll stick up for him and argue but you won't catch me making up stuff in his defense.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, victory88 said:

Lol, Rattler has an NFL arm.  That’s why he was the #1 qb in his class.   Combine that with good coaching from a guy that has now had his last 3 QBs get drafted, two of whom were the #1 pick, it’s no surprise Rattler looks good.

What’s concerning is that our “offensive” coach can’t get our 4th year QB, veteran OL, and blue chip skill players to look remotely functional.  That’s why Sam looks bad.  Sam will never be the QB rattler is, but I can promise you he would be a lot better if he was coached by Riley.  We hired a fraud as a head coach.  We are seeing the results of it.

Riley did not recruit or develop Murray, the punk that transferred from Tech or the bama kid.  all of them were finished products when he got them

11 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

How many teams in the top 25 would trade their qb for Sam? Not many. 

Aggy wouldn’t rather have Sam than Mond in that system? Brock Purdy has had a shitty year so far. Georgia trotted out their 3rd string nobody for a while. Luke Fickell would probably do some damage with a 4th year senior. I’m sure there was a lot of sarcasm there but I think a lot of schools look at Sam and laugh that Herman has fucked his senior year up so bad. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Aggy wouldn’t rather have Sam than Mond in that system? Brock Purdy has had a shitty year so far. Georgia trotted out their 3rd string nobody for a while. Luke Fickell would probably do some damage with a 4th year senior. I’m sure there was a lot of sarcasm there but I think a lot of schools look at Sam and laugh that Herman has fucked his senior year up so bad. 

It’s ok. This is just his first senior year. In his second senior year things are going to click. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, victory88 said:

What good is getting everything functional if Sam is just going to miss throws?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Purdy will have a longer NFL career than Sam. 

cincy qb > sam lol

JT Daniels was a 5 star out of hs 

D110A624-56F2-40DF-BDD4-1EDC95D17499.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White

16 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

How many teams in the top 25 would trade their qb for Sam? Not many. 

Fuck it I’ll bite:

Bama - debatable 

ND - Yes

OSU - Fuck No

Clem - lol

aggy - yes

Fla - no

Cincy - yes

BYU - yes

Oreg - yes

Miami - No

NW - yes

Ind - debatable but I say yes

UGA - yes

OUsux - yes

ISU - Sam and Purdy are a wash imo so no

CC - yes

Marsh - yes

Wiscy - yes

USC - No

Okie Lite - yes

Aub - yes

ULL - yes

Tul - yes

NC - No

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Fuck it I’ll bite:

Bama - debatable 

ND - Yes

OSU - Fuck No

Clem - lol

aggy - yes

Fla - no

Cincy - yes

BYU - yes

Oreg - yes

Miami - No

NW - yes

UGA - yes

OUsux - yes

CC - yes

Marsh - yes

Wiscy - yes

USC - No

Okie Lite - yes

Aub - yes

ULL - yes

Tul - yes

NC - No

I can literally tell you watch very little football 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Fuck it I’ll bite:

Bama - debatable 

ND - Yes

OSU - Fuck No

Clem - lol

aggy - yes

Fla - no

Cincy - yes

BYU - yes

Oreg - yes

Miami - No

NW - yes

UGA - yes

OUsux - yes

CC - yes

Marsh - yes

Wiscy - yes

USC - No

Okie Lite - yes

Aub - yes

ULL - yes

Tul - yes

NC - No

You think BYU would trade Zack Wilson for Sam? Lol wut?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You realize that me, you and 17 other numbnuts from this site would be undefeated and buttfucking everyone on that BYU schedule, right? 

You and all the remaining numbnuts from this site realize Tom Herman is our head coach and he’s lose at least 1 game on that schedule, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Their QB is likely a first round draft pick haha

Cool. That doesn’t have anything to do with who I’d rather have as a QB on my team at any point in time. Colt was a 4th rounder. I wouldn’t have traded him for anyone in the NCAA at that time. 
he’s proven nothing this year against that horrifically awful schedule. Not their fault. Not his fault. But it’s brutal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You and all the remaining numbnuts from this site realize Tom Herman is our head coach and he’s lose at least 1 game on that schedule, right?

You’re willing to admit herman is a fucking sorry coach but at the same time not able to admit that’s why Sam looks poor? Switch any QB in the country with Sam and they look just as poor as seniors. Lawrence couldn’t take the beating, that dude from BYU doesn’t even start a full season, fields probably breaks the mold here because he’s fantastic and athletic as fuck. We have one single problem here. He’s why Sam is struggling mightily right now, why bijan only gets 10 carries a game and why our special teams sucks shit through a straw. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Fuck it I’ll bite:

Bama - debatable 

ND - Yes

OSU - Fuck No

Clem - lol

aggy - yes

Fla - no

Cincy - yes

BYU - yes

Oreg - yes

Miami - No

NW - yes

UGA - yes

OUsux - yes

CC - yes

Marsh - yes

Wiscy - yes

USC - No

Okie Lite - yes

Aub - yes

ULL - yes

Tul - yes

NC - No

Name checks out ...

You’re willing to admit herman is a fucking sorry coach but at the same time not able to admit that’s why Sam looks poor? Switch any QB in the country with Sam and they look just as poor as seniors. Lawrence couldn’t take the beating, that dude from BYU doesn’t even start a full season, fields probably breaks the mold here because he’s fantastic and athletic as fuck. We have one single problem here. He’s why Sam is struggling mightily right now, why bijan only gets 10 carries a game and why our special teams sucks shit through a straw. 
Uh Fields singlehandedly kept Indiana in the game yesterday. 3 of the sorriest reads/decisions you will ever see. Then he freaked with an easy dump off on a 4th and 1 game sealing play. He did a great job running the ball but his teammates ran for 200 plus. Except for the last drive they could run at will. Their offense scored 0 points in the last 25 minutes of the game. To date, he has not shown the ability to handle pressure.
  • Hook 'Em 1