Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

come to think of it, i'm not sure Sam makes even makes the list of the best 50 UT football players since 2000. if he does he is definitely going to listed in the 40's, no higher. but yeah, he's a total fucking UT football legend. 🙄 

did he put up some good numbers? yes, he did. he played 4 years of QB at a school with very little QB/forward passing history in an era where QB numbers are wildly inflated compared to even just 10 years ago. of course he put up numbers. but as a football player, who is he better than? is he better than Cory Redding? what about Shaun Rogers? was he better than Justin Blaylock? David Thomas? shit, how many guys from the 2005 team alone were better than Sam? like 15-20? more? 

you people who incessantly STAN this kid like he's a two-time Heisman winner are a huge reason that so many of us are ready for the Sam Ehlinger era to be over. Easily- EASILY the most overrated player in UT history, and it's because of his cult-like following, which consists of a bunch of people who don't know dick about Texas football history. i could not be more ready for him and his followers to be gone. i really really like Sam Ehlinger and I wish him well, but i am beyond over this practice of wildly overhyping him as a player and "Texas football legend". 

how many people that you 'really really like' have gotten restraining orders against you?

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

any time that any of you want to actually quote something specific that i've said and refute it then i'll be here to discuss it. 

how about:

Derka// cured covid, beat the Russians to space, freed the slaves and then taught Tebow how to circumcise babies, all while Tom Herman and Sam's teammates tried to sabotage him at every turn.//Derka

He brought stability and leadership at a time when it was desperately needed. He's a dude you want on your team for sure. He was a great example for younger guys to follow. And now those younger guys are a little older and it's time for the mantle to be passed.

And yeah, idk about "Texas legend". Most people don't get to start at that position for 4 years, and he only beat OU once.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

any time that any of you want to actually quote something specific that i've said and refute it then i'll be here to discuss it. 

Speaking of hyperbolic, when he was in high school, weren't you the one that once said he wasn't good enough to take a snap at Texas and would transfer before he ever played?

5 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Not as Casey’s backup but WITH Casey in the backfield. A new wishbone. Casey, Sam, RoJo, and Bijan.

Yes, at H-back which is a hybrid fullback/TE position. But, I'm sure Sam would make a good full time FB, too. Ask Sophia about my football IQ. It's off the fucking charts.

56 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

no one is bigger than the program and the reason saban is saban is because he will bench a senior QB for a true freshman at halftime of a national title game.

if the reports of sam moving on are true he leaves on a high note with his career and legacy here intact.

unlike mack.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Wow.  I am so incredibly thankful for everything Ehlinger has done for this program.  He's been a fantastic representative of the university and he's going to be incredibly successful in life, whether it's catching on in the nfl, coaching or anything outside of football.

Thank you Sam!

• Hook 'Em 2

Sam gave everything he had to the Horns. He and his family should be very proud of what he accomplished. He excelled in the classroom and on the field and brought pride back to the program after the dark years of the Strong era. Thanks for standing up for the Eyes too. Hook em Sam.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1