Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

15 hours ago, Cajun said:

I don't want to, can't, and will not hate on Sam in any way.  Last true Longhorn as far as I'm concerned.

All the best to you Sam.

Thank you!

Once we win another championship, a new generation of Sams will grow up loving the Horns. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 1/2/2021 at 2:44 AM, shadow_operative said:

feel free to back that up with some quotes from me that support your argument any time. 

this is what happens when grown men get all caught up in their feelings over a kid who plays college football. a bunch of 20-something fans who don't know any try to claim that Sam Ehlinger is some UT football legend, and when you scoff at such a ridiculous take they act like you hate Sam Ehlinger. i love Sam; what i hate is the insane fellating and exalting of Sam by our fans. pretty simple difference. 

It sounds to me like you are the one all caught up in your feelings me over a kid.  What does it matter who and what other people think of Sam?  Whats next?  You gonna start a thread about Bieber fans?  Deal with it.  Better yet take your shitty thread full of your "feelings" about stupid shit back to the basketball threads. 

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Thank you Sam for putting up with more shit than any of us have heard/will know about and have some great success. True true longhorn leader. Hopefully you’re around in rounds 4 or 5 and Andy Reid gets to thinking about some new plays the champs could run. Or I hope someone like the colts take you even higher and you turn into a much better starter than where you are drafted. If I may surly for one minute-if there’s one tip I can give you, 4th and 1 is 4th and 1. It’s not a trick that you need 8,9 or even 40 yards. 1 yard or 3 feet, you can get that. Hook em. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

this bit of shocking info seems really really pertinent to this thread: 

pretty much every single school in the country's all time passing leaders are guys who *just* played/are currently playing for them. that's how the game is today. piling up numbers does not make you better than guys who played before you/before this new modern era of spread offenses and downfield passing games with 40+ attempts being a regular thing. if the numbers tell the story then Pat Mahomes' TTU teams (not to mention this year's Kent State and Central Florida teams) were all better offensive teams than 2005 Texas. I mean just look at the stats!!!!

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

This looks like a tear jerker. I'll save it for later.

Best of luck, Sam.

Just watched. Talk about positive recruiting. Fuck yeah, Sam. He was about the program from day one until he left. You are right - we didn't get to where we need to be while you were here, but we sure as shit are closer. 2018 will remain one of my favorite seasons - I was fortunate enough to be at the TCU, OU and UGA games that year. That season basically encapsulates Sam's career here: imperfect, but impassioned and cathartic at the same time. 

He could have tried to hang around but he's handing the keys over and moving on to the next step in his life. That takes some guts - whether it's the right decision or not. Whatever we do under Sark the next few years we can thank Sam and give him some of the credit for getting us back on the right track and showing us what it means to be a Longhorn and what that entails on and off the field (not that I'd fucking know, really).

Hook 'em, Sam. Time to show everyone what he laid the groundwork for. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 8:28 AM, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

how many people that you 'really really like' have gotten restraining orders against you?

do me a favor, just humor me here-  give me your list of the best football players, in order, among Sam, Redding, Rogers, Blaylock, DT, and the rest of the 2005 Texas team. just give me that much of an earnest response to the words that i actually said. then we can continue this discussion seriously, and without letting emotion or fondness or recency bias get in the way of objectivity. 

just to reiterate- this is not based on stats, this is just "how good of a football player was he." because it's just this simple-if you're going to continue with these bombastic replies to my posts, acting as if what i'm saying is just completely out of bounds, and continuing to allege that I hate Sam for simply being objective about him as a player, then the least you could do is, you know, attempt to back up what you've said while disproving what i've said. cheers. 

Edited by shadow_operative

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

do me a favor, just humor me here-  give me your list of the best football players, in order, among Sam, Redding, Rogers, Blaylock, DT, and the rest of the 2005 Texas team. just give me that much of an earnest response to the words that i actually said. then we can continue this discussion seriously, and without letting emotion or fondness or recency bias get in the way of objectivity. 

just to reiterate- this is not based on stats, this is just "how good of a football player was he." because it's just this simple-if you're going to continue with these bombastic replies to my posts, acting as if what i'm saying is just completely out of bounds, and continuing to allege that I hate Sam for simply being objective about him as a player, then the least you could do is, you know, attempt to back up what you've said while disproving what i've said. cheers. 

I've never said he's better than anyone on the 05 championship team; that is an argument you are having with someone else.

All I've ever said is that Sam is not the reason this team is losing and I place that at the feet of one Fuckface Herman.  The guy that is scoring a lot of touchdowns and having very few turnovers is not losing you games.  That is all I've been saying.  Apologies if this is not on or at least near the topic of the thread.  No hyperbole.

There are always going to be legions of Longhorns and beyond that will be "Sam's Fans!"

Ultimately the success he is going to have off the field is going to be dazzling regardless of whether or not he knocks down an NFL paycheck for any length of time.  As much as Sam lived the Dream, I know he would have given every bit of it up for more time with his Father.  His path to get to where he ended up was not without the additional diversity with his senior year injuries at Westlake. Sam wall always be known as a tough kid that did everything he could to try to help Texas win.  That alone is a legacy of a lifetime.  I truly think that he will take his advantages do very, very well financially with them, but will also fervently give back to the community.  In other words he will always make all of us proud he is a Longhorn.

• Hook 'Em 4

I've been pretty silent on Sam the past 4 years, both praise and criticism. Thing is he's the true definition of lifetime Longhorn and has given us some great and not so great moments on the field, but I cant bag on him for the latter. No coaching staff puts their lofty paychecks and another move to another city/state on the line by not starting the best QB, and love him or hate him, he was the best we had at the time. (Boosh didnt blossom until he left, and not sure Casey would have been better starting out the year...doubt Colorado spent much time watching his spring game snaps or high school film)

Hook em Sam, best of luck from here on

• Hook 'Em 1

Sam will have Dolphin Staff working with him...

The Longhorn signal caller will work closely with the Miami Dolphins coaching staff from Jan. 23 through Jan. 30.

The quarterbacks who will be working under the Carolina Panthers coaching staff on the American roster are Kyle Trask, Kellen Mond and Jamie Newman.

Defensive lineman Ta’Quon Graham is the only other Texas player that will be joining Ehlinger in Mobile. The Senior Bowl is considered one of the nation’s premier all-star games and has been beneficial for several players such as Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow and Jalen Hurts.

Ehlinger will need to showcase consistency and accurate ball placement in order to increase his draft stock. According to recent NFL mock drafts, Ehlinger has been predicted to go as high as day two or as low as the sixth round on day three.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think the measurements are done in eighths of an inch (and they don't reduce fractions, but the wingspans are displayed differently for whatever reason). This is the read:

Height: 6'1.5''

Weight: 222 lbs

Wingspan: 75 1/8''

Arm length: 30''

Hand size: 9 3/4''

He was the same height coming out of Westlake too. He got the Colt height adjustment.

44 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think the measurements are done in eighths of an inch (and they don't reduce fractions, but the wingspans are displayed differently for whatever reason). This is the read:

Height: 6'1.5'' / 6'2

Weight: 222 lbs / 220

Wingspan: 75 1/8''

Arm length: 30'' / 31

Hand size: 9 3/4'' / 8.88" (too small)

Fromm's numbers from last year above.  As a size comparison only.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1