Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

1 minute ago, Facemask said:

Hey, Fuck you. Step up and say that shit to an actual Military person. And Sam does indeed suck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How do you think I know that? I was a part of the system. Finding dumb as shit but strong as ox young dudes to sign their life away before they realize they're nothing was disposable pawns. I was part of it. Something I'll have to live with and regret the rest of the days. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Our QB can not hit the basic pass tree.  He should be benched.  The OL proved they can provide adequate protection.  Start Buechele and if he can't hit the broad side of a barn,  start the freshman.  

And yes the play calling was the worst.  Greg davis ghost was active today. 

Boo last year showed his limitation is in what to do with a collapsing pocket. Based on how the OL blocked, that shouldn't be as big of an issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Boo last year showed his limitation is in what to do with a collapsing pocket. Based on how the OL blocked, that shouldn't be as big of an issue. 

Completely agreed. Shane would have been more than serviceable today based on what we have seen of him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

No issue,  How the F did he not see a series in this game?  Not saying he's the answer,  but JFC,  what part of our execution led coaches to believe that lever wasn't needed to be pulled?

Just now, David Dennison said:

Texas has a population of 27 million people and its flagship university hasn't been able to field a quality starting quarterback in nearly a decade.

How is that possible?

the same way we can't find a receiver that doesn't block like a pussy

Just now, GRHorn said:

Shane deserves a shot.  Sam’s inaccuracy severely limits his ceiling. With the improved OLine he didn’t have to scramble as much so that means Shane’a accuracy could make huge difference.  Shane will play heavily against Tulsa. 

Sam got bailed out by Duvernay on TD. Several other throws off.

28 minutes ago, deft said:

I have no problem with us talking shit about coaches or even players to some degree.  Starting 15 threads an hour about the same topic is aggy AF though.  

one topic was started, and then it was deleted over and over and over by an aggie who works as a moderator here. 

• Like 1

Just now, GRHorn said:

Shane deserves a shot.  Sam’s inaccuracy severely limits his ceiling. With the improved OLine he didn’t have to scramble as much so that means Shane’a accuracy could make huge difference.  Shane will play heavily against Tulsa. 

and when Shane's in the game we'll run the qb.

• Like 2

I've never stopped believing in Shane. He is an accurate QB who has been injured in each of his first 2 years here (early in both years mind you - Cal in 2016 and Maryland in 2017). He has had a shit Oline so far and is injury prone. What else ? That's the knock I have against the guy. Maybe he just cant hold up at the college level. I dont know. But I do know I scratched my head all summer when everyone just anointed Sam as our starting QB. It made no sense to me then and it makes no sense to me now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He was awful with his accuracy all day.

One behind LJH. A couple running to sideline where he totally missed potential completions to WRs toetapping the sideline.  Those are the plays good QBs make regardless of experience or processing the offense. That’s pitch and catch on move. 

1 minute ago, UTGrad98 said:

I've never stopped believing in Shane. He is an accurate QB who has been injured in each of his first 2 years here (early in both years mind you - Cal in 2016 and Maryland in 2017). He has had a shit Oline so far and is injury prone. What else ? That's the knock I have against the guy. Maybe he just cant hold up at the college level. I dont know. But I do know I scratched my head all summer when everyone just anointed Sam as our starting QB. It made no sense to me then and it makes no sense to me now.

Sure, put him in, he will get injured again squeezing the ball with zero pocket presence and get injured again. 

I wish I was wrong, but gunslinger is what we will get for the rest of the year. Rising and the other QB only play in 4 games, max. They redshirt, and TH builds a stable of QBs like they had at buttplug state. 

A stable of QBs is very valuable in todays cfb. When one gets injured, move the next one in. Run those fuckers all day because they can slide and get game ending penalties easy. Look at Gary Johnson. 

55 minutes ago, deft said:

They're probably deleting shit so we don't end up looking like texags you stupid mouthbreathers.  Fuck.

you are a stupid mother fucker who doesn't know where the fuck he is. the only surprising thing is you don't have more neg rep

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Sure, put him in, he will get injured again squeezing the ball with zero pocket presence and get injured again. 

I wish I was wrong, but gunslinger is what we will get for the rest of the year. Rising and the other QB only play in 4 games, max. They redshirt, and TH builds a stable of QBs like they had at buttplug state. 

A stable of QBs is very valuable in todays cfb. When one gets injured, move the next one in. Run those fuckers all day because they can slide and get game ending penalties easy. Look at Gary Johnson. 

I blocked out some of the self pressuring Shane does but perhaps that is a side effect of the lines he played behind. Today the line looked plenty decent.  

My guess is they watch the film, see several throws Sam straight up missed, and decide to throw Shane out there some against Tulsa to see how it works out.