Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

26 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

nope, worst play was the GDGD special in Lubbock, 2008. Absolutely insane crowd that's ready to just blow and this idiot calls a handoff to a gimpy Chris Ogbonnaya 6 yards deep in our own end zone. we had the best team in america and we essentially lost our national title shot on that play. that one play doesn't happen and we beat Tech.

the relentless chokeholds by TT OL on our NFL DLine, all game, was the reason UT lost and gave up over 30 points to them. 

If you’re going to play Sam then run his ass off. It seems to get him into the game more, I guess.  I don’t know the answer, but other than a play or two we looked like we don’t have an elite athlete on this team. Everything just seems like a struggle. Do these dudes even know the offense and defense? That qb they have is slow. What the hell is going to happen when we play a team that has a mobile qb? I’m thinking our coaches are poor at interpreting what this team can grasp.

Edited by FizzleFish

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

We need to leverage his legs as much as possible because he’s just inaccurate and prone to poor decision making. Yesterday’s game plan did not fit his skill set at all. 

This. They had the Buchele playbook in for Sam.  Maryland never feared him running and dared him to beat them via air. Which he couldn’t do. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FizzleFish said:

If you’re going to play Sam then run his ass off. It seems to get him into the game more, I guess.  I don’t know the answer, but other than a play or two we looked like we don’t have an elite athlete on this team. Everything just seems like a struggle. Do these dudes even know the offense and defense? That qb they have is slow. What the hell is going to happen when we play a team that has a mobile qb? I’m thinking our coaches are poor at interpreting what this team can grasp.

I’m convinced that’s why our defense has looked so shitty in early games.  They practice against our shitty offense.  

• Like 1

Saban would have kept the hot running back in. Saban would have benched Sam last year. Saban would have demanded players to their job and hold coaches accountable. For fucks sake his coaching staff has been a carousel and he still get offensive performance. AND dont tell me shit about Saban has better talent  because Texas damn sure has better talent than Maryland.

• Like 2

I agree, defense did step up in second half but still had no pressure on the QB. I realize the Sooners played a nobody but watchin murry run around and make plays,plus throw bombs got me hoping defense keeps improving by October. QB like that will be a bitch if Texas plays like they did yesterday. Gary Johnson in the game would help. 

This is what boggles my mind man.  This coach is supposed to be a QB whisperer right?  Ehlinger has always been inaccurate and a dumbfuck throwing the ball into triple coverage multiple times.  HIs strength is improvising and running the ball.   Yesterday, he had plenty of opportunities to throw as the line was actually giving him time.  Two options, throw to an open fucking receiver or run with it and atleast get 2-3 yards.  Instead he sits in the pocket and over throws a WR surrounded by 3 Maryland players.  I watched this shit happen 4-5 times yesterday.  He's a fucking idiot.  At this point we need a fucking identity.  Fuck... put Casey Thompson in there and run the damn option for all I care at this point.  At least feature your QB's strengths.  Don't ask a poor man's version, poor man may be too generous.... more like homeless version, of Tim Tebow to pretend to be a pocket passer.  If that's what you want, fucking play Shane then.

16 hours ago, NowThis said:

and think, we have 2 more years of Sam - unless he declares early. 

Even if he shows dramatic improvement throughout the rest of this season, there's no chance he beats out Rising, Thompson or Johnson. The question is no longer whether or not Texas will have good quarterback play in the future -- the question is who will be coaching that quarterback.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

We did show improvement:  CJ and LJH played the whole game.  Next year maybe we will have the best RBs play the whole game too.  That will get Tom a 4th year in which he can play the best players at a third position group.  

Collin Johnson is fast becoming one of the most disappointing players I've ever seen at Texas.

He was awful yesterday.

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

You mean besides the great catch for a td and the 33 yarder on the boundary for a 1st and goal?

Oh, you must think receivers only catch a couple of times a game. In CJ's case three whole times. Tearing shit up for sure.

You must have missed his jaw dropping inability to block. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oh, you must think receivers only catch a couple of times a game. In CJ's case three whole times. Tearing shit up for sure.

You must have missed his jaw dropping inability to block. 

I give you thst his blocking wasn’t good.  But he wasn’t “awful”.   He only caught three balls because he was bracketed with a safety most of the game. The Maryland coaches had a game plan for him.  They played the other safety over LJH.  We could have run double ins with Duvernay and LJH  and punished that till they changed but either our coaches or QB were too stupid.  

I don't really get why Herman has such an obvious boner for Sam.  The "QB competition" this fall was a sham and about as fair as a Russian election.  Yes, Sam is a better runner than Shane, but he's still not a very good runner, he sucks as a passer, is not clutch at all, and makes terrible decisions.  If we're going to run this grabass offense where the QB rarely runs, we should play shane, or try one of the freshman - they have 4 games to play with before they redshirt.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I give you thst his blocking wasn’t good.  But he wasn’t “awful”.   He only caught three balls because he was bracketed with a safety most of the game. The Maryland coaches had a game plan for him.  They played the other safety over LJH.  We could have run double ins with Duvernay and LJH  and punished that till they changed but either our coaches or QB were too stupid.  

I'm lashing out because I think Collin Johnson has the potential to be an All-American and some of the stuff I saw yesterday and last season drives me nuts.

He did have a couple of nice catches.

We've seen Sam's low talent ceiling at the college level. Mostly inaccurate, and poor decision-making that fully manifests at crunchtime. And the regarded coaching of no rhythm and not demanding up-tempo pace makes it brutal to watch that offense. Let's see the other QB's, including Shane on Thujone's point above about adequate pocket protection. And gotdammit pick a fucking starting running back and his one backup. Give me Watson and Ingram.

Will be sick if we have to wait for Roschon, and wait to see if he is the guy which could take multiple seasons.

One more derpy game by Tim Beck and he needs his ass fired, which will require vocal pressure from the fanbase.

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

We need to leverage his legs as much as possible because he’s just inaccurate and prone to poor decision making. Yesterday’s game plan did not fit his skill set at all. 

Inaccuarate, poor decision making but runs well? Sounds kinda like someone else on our team who's now a WR.

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Don't want this to sound like an insult, but Sam is just a funny-looking dude. No homo (but NTTAWWT), I legitimately can't think of a good QB that was also unattractive. It's why I don't have high hopes for Rising or Thompson either. We need to recruit better looking people at QB. 

So you were a big Marty Cherry fan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Don't want this to sound like an insult, but Sam is just a funny-looking dude. No homo (but NTTAWWT), I legitimately can't think of a good QB that was also unattractive. It's why I don't have high hopes for Rising or Thompson either. We need to recruit better looking people at QB. 

13197.png&w=350&h=254

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Please tell me my sarcasm meter is on the fritz?

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Andrew Luck and Eli Manning are frighteningly ugly human beings. Luck could scare vultures off of a meat wagon. I don’t think your theory holds up, although I will agree that Ehlinger certainly trends mongoloid in appearance. 

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Explaining the last interception

Holy fuck. Our starting QB thinks it's not even an option to throw the ball away or run on 3rd & 10 in the opponents territory with over a minute left. I'm being 100% serious here, there are junior high QB's that know better than that. Did Sam not hear/understand the question or something? What an incredible answer. 

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Holy fuck. Our starting QB thinks it's not even an option to throw the ball away or run on 3rd & 10 in the opponents territory with over a minute left. I'm being 100% serious here, there are junior high QB's that know better than that. Did Sam not hear/understand the question or something? What an incredible answer. 

He may be concussed again.

Andrew Luck and Eli Manning are frighteningly ugly human beings. Luck could scare vultures off of a meat wagon. I don’t think your theory holds up, although I will agree that Ehlinger certainly trends mongoloid in appearance. 

This guy says hold my beer

528cf3bef014e4fa62e14b7cc869ba08.jpg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

VY would like a word. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

he has no situational awareness.  he's like all the aggy QB's we've made fun of over the years.  His lifelong dream has been to play QB for Texas so he's realized that.  time for us to move on unless Herman is going to decide to use him as a RB who can throw every once in a while.  if we need to come back throwing he needs to put Shane in.

• Like 1