Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

51 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Of course sometimes when Herman gets creative...weird shit happens for negative yardage.

Yeah I am hoping for less creative trick plays and more creative schemes and formations, blocking schemes, ect..

I've been saying it for a while, but we have yet to see two RB sets. Danny is like the FB in this offense, put him in there instead of the TE/H. Also, maybe we need to try running pistol and even - snap from under center. This changes the timing of the offense and the momentum of the RB, also, nobody will have practiced against it. Then, later in the year, people practice against formations we don't even bust out.. Having the best O line play is step one, having great skill players step two, being able to run multiple different offenses I think should be step 3. When the defense has to prepare for everything, they can't focus on stopping one certain thing as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Defenses get softer from here on out. We got to keep adding different wrinkles though so we don't get figured out.

Get creative Herman.

I was about to post the same thing.  We've already played the two best defenses (by far) that we'll play this year.  TCU and USC are top 25 defenses.  The next "tier" of defenses are Iowa State, Kansas (forcing 12+ turnovers in two games will make your D stats look REALLY good through 4 games), and Okie Lie--who are defenses in the 30-40 range.  Everyone else we play is outside the top 50.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I was about to post the same thing.  We've already played the two best defenses (by far) that we'll play this year.  TCU and USC are top 25 defenses.  The next "tier" of defenses are Iowa State, Kansas (forcing 12+ turnovers in two games will make your D stats look REALLY good through 4 games), and Okie Lie--who are defenses in the 30-40 range.  Everyone else we play is outside the top 50.

Plus Chokelahoma gave up a million points to FUCKING ARMY.

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Defensive Efficiency ranks for former/future opponents:

Maryland - 51 
Tulsa - 95
USC - 77
TCU - 14

Average (first 4 opponents) 59.25

Kansas St. - 92 
OUsucks - 72
Baylor - 103
Okie St - 57 
WVU - 52
Texas Tech - 66
Iowa St - 37
Kansas - 35

Average (next 8 opponents) 64.25

This has me cautiously optimistic. 

29 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Don’t be stupid. Triple option is a mother fucker when you only get a week for it.

OU is the best defense left on the schedule. This will be a case where the numbers won’t matter.

Oklahoma gave up 5.0 yards per play to UCLA. In their other games against Cincinnati and Fresno State, UCLA gained 4.5 and 4.9 yards per play, respectively.

Oklahoma gave up 6.9 yards per play to Iowa State. In their other games against Iowa and Akron, Iowa State gained 3.4 and 5.3 yards per play, respectively.

Against both P5 teams they have played, Oklahoma's defense has been worse than their opponents' other opponents. Interestingly, they did better against Army than anyone else has this year, and also did much better against Florida Atlantic than other teams have.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Oklahoma gave up 5.0 yards per play to UCLA. In their other games against Cincinnati and Fresno State, UCLA gained 4.5 and 4.9 yards per play, respectively.

Oklahoma gave up 6.9 yards per play to Iowa State. In their other games against Iowa and Akron, Iowa State gained 3.4 and 5.3 yards per play, respectively.

Against both P5 teams they have played, Oklahoma's defense has been worse than their opponents' other opponents. Interestingly, they did better against Army than anyone else has this year, and also did much better against Florida Atlantic than other teams have.

That's it, we're fucking winning.

None of these numbers mean jackshit. They only represent what’s happened so far, and ignore the myriad of variables and context that could be taken into consideration. There is a reason why there are terms like “mid season and late season form”. That said, show me (another) loss.

Oh, and I left out another cliche. “that’s why we play the games”.

Edited by Wishbone

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Defensive Efficiency ranks for former/future opponents:

Maryland - 51 
Tulsa - 95
USC - 77
TCU - 14

Average (first 4 opponents) 59.25

Kansas St. - 92 
OUsucks - 72
Baylor - 103
Okie St - 57 
WVU - 52
Texas Tech - 66
Iowa St - 37
Kansas - 35

Average (next 8 opponents) 64.25

kansas has played: nicholls state, central michigan, rutgers and baylor.  in other words, a bunch of shitty teams.  im not worried about the kansas defense.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This here.

Fuck Oklahoma. Triple option can be run out the gun too. Even jet one side with speed option to the other side.

They ain't got enough up front. Same story if we can run the ball well enough, they will have to commit too many guys inside and close then we win on the bubbles and deep balls.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Watching that video, I'm really impressed at how hard some of those guys worked to get first downs.  I'm not saying they didn't last year, but there just seemed to be something there.

Yeah, halfway through the fourth quarter when it was still a one score game, there were some pretty impressive hard fought first downs that put the game away 

Just now, GotThatFire said:

Yeah, halfway through the fourth quarter when it was still a one score game, there were some pretty impressive hard fought first downs that put the game away 

Throughout the game, there were a lot of those plays where if the receiver had slowed down just a tiny bit to avoid a potential hard hit, no first down.  Any of those could have easily changed the game's outcome.  Props to those guys, and whoever was coaching them up. 

39 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Absolutely. Duvernay got his first down right in front of Patterson and that sweaty fuck was livid.

you left me no choice, sir

I sweaty fucked your mother last night

again, I had no choice, good morning

edit: obviously I meant go fuck yourself, forgive me

Edited by SomnambulantBrobdingnagian