Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

If we win I will be up early on Sunday with a cup of coffee, watching you clowns tell us why he got lucky. 

Some of y'all are listening to radio/media clowns and forgot where we were as a program. Sam should be a RS FR, he is playing beyond expectations so far. I thought he would be mentally cooked and done by this week but he is proving me wrong. The improvements we're seeing in our line of scrimmage play this year are the most encouraging data point for our program.

7 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

As long as he keeps his turnovers at zero and shows steady improvement in finding open guys and hitting guys in stride as the season continues, I won't complain about him. 

That's really where I am, at the moment. Is he who I want running our team? Well, right now... kind of, yeah. Not because he's who I really want, but because he's who we've got, and he appears (knock on wood) to be over his fumblitis and boneheaded throw-into-coverage-orrhea. The second that changes, though, I'm grabbing my pitchfork. Maybe he won't be winning games for us any time soon, but after the last 8 years, I will settle for him not losing them for us anymore, either.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

That’s your answer? A game the defense only gave up 16 fucking points and forced 4 TOs? I don’t know what to tell you if you think Sam won that game. He didn’t lose it, and right now I think that’s all he’s being asked to do. Eventually, he’s going to have to show out and win a game because the defense has a bad day. It may not be this season or next. It may be tomorrow.

Yes. He iced the game on a key third and long with a dime thrown into 8-man coverage against one of the best secondaries in the nation.  That's called winning.

Wow. I just opened this thread to this page for the first time.

I will only add that I like the feeling on third and eight that we have a shot to make it either by throwing or the QB running. I haven't felt that in a long time. 

Ehlinger is doing fine for a QB with his experience in the NCAA. He improves every game.

I'm not invested in some prediction about how he sizes up compared to Colt.

Adios to this thread. 

Hook 'Em!

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Wow. I just opened this thread to this page for the first time.

I will only add that I like the feeling on third and eight that we have a shot to make it either by throwing or the QB running. I haven't felt that in a long time. 

Ehlinger is doing fine for a QB with his experience in the NCAA. He improves every game.

I'm not invested in some prediction about how he sizes up compared to Colt.

Adios to this thread. 

Hook 'Em!

Surly_Flag.jpg

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Thanks for keeping an open mind and not sticking to the idea of having to be right. Seriously. 

sam looks great. the maryland game is a distant memory. major props to the coaches for consistently putting him in a position to succeed, and props to sam for getting it done.

now let's do it again for one more half baby!!

Edited by Goo Punch

8 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

sam looks great. the maryland game is a distant memory. major props to the coaches for consistently putting him in a position to succeed, and props to sam for getting it done.

now let's do it again for one more half baby!!

That doesn't get you off the hook, @Goo Punch With all of of your disgusting insults aimed at the posters and especially OUR PLAYERS, this site would be a much better place if you would just go away. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

That doesn't get you off the hook, @Goo Punch With all of of your disgusting insults aimed at the posters and especially OUR PLAYERS, this site would be a much better place if you would just go away. 

"disgusting insults"? you wanna back that up with a link, a quote, or anything other than your own fantastical imagination?

by the way, you don't get to talk a bunch of shit about people who disappear when they're wrong *and* talk shit to the ones who actually do eat crow, *and then* on top of it fabricate accusations of "disgusting insults" which never happened you goddamn mongoloid retard.

there. there's your disgusting insult you giant baby. good luck getting anyone to eat crow in the future. 

Edited by Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

by the way, you don't get to talk a bunch of shit about people who disappear when they're wrong *and* talk shit to the ones who actually do eat crow, *and then* on top of it fabricate accusations of "disgusting insults" which never happened you goddamn mongoloid retard.

there. there's your disgusting insult you giant baby. good luck getting anyone to eat crow in the future. 

Well, now it's my turn to eat crow. I was mistaken. I was referring to @closetojumping, who called Sam names. So I apologize to you for stating a outright fabrication. 

However, you, @Huckleberry and closetojumping have been relentlessly negative about Sam. I get that you've never liked him and don't you guys to restate it every six posts. I support Sam and the Horns regardless of what happens the rest of this game and the season. 

Hook 'em. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

LOL, "goddam mongoloid retard" is a nasty comment.