Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, Machinator said:
Matt Campbell does more with less better than nearly anyone right now, but no need to overstate it. Purdy had offers from A&M and Bama and was a mid-80s 3-star.
Still very impressive of course, and if there's even a chance Sam can't go, Rising should be seeing significant reps in practice.

You are a recruiting guru, you saying he had an offer from Alabama is CNNish and you know it. Bad form. How many offers did Alabama give out that year? 100? 200?

They offered him late, after NSD1. It probably was not a 100% committable offer, but it is an indication of his talent.

I see it as the equivalent to them offering Moro Ojomo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blanton said:

There are no gimme wins on our schedule, unfortunately, 

What’s left of our home slate is against good competition and our away games are all gonna be slugfests. 

But what about Kansas? Kansas that late in our schedule will be a weird on account of Thanksgiving break and climate. 

We are in survive and advance mode. Every game is like advancing in a tournament. We slip up and the Moonshiners or cOcksUckers will back door their way into that game played on December 1st in Arlington. 

It’s too early to start sucking each other’s dicks.

Might see at least one 2 Loss B12 Team make the B12 Champ Game

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

He sucked because Herman decided we were gonna go without a true backup this year. Although Ehlinger is the better QB at this point, Shane wouldnt be this much worse than him with some meaningful playing time. 

Wait, what kind of "true backup" was Herman supposed to develop?  Sam and Shane have totally different games.  (Forget for the moment that Sam is just better.)  Are you saying that Cam, etc. should have been groomed to be the backup or are you saying Shane should have gotten some snaps?  We didn't have much luxury for the latter.

17 minutes ago, Blanton said:

There are no gimme wins on our schedule, unfortunately, 

What’s left of our home slate is against good competition and our away games are all gonna be slugfests. 

But what about Kansas? Kansas that late in our schedule will be a weird on account of Thanksgiving break and climate. 

We are in survive and advance mode. Every game is like advancing in a tournament. We slip up and the Moonshiners or cOcksUckers will back door their way into that game played on December 1st in Arlington. 

It’s too early to start sucking each other’s dicks.

Hey if I want to suck dick, you better back off and let me!

6 minutes ago, Blanton said:

Honestly, OU is gonna make it to the championship game with 1 loss. We are gonna need a miracle to get through OSU, Tech, and WV without a loss, 

Will it be tough? Sure. But needing a miracle to beat those 3? No way. You are giving those teams way too much credit.

• Like 2

Honestly, OU is gonna make it to the championship game with 1 loss. We are gonna need a miracle to get through OSU, Tech, and WV without a loss, 
No kidding. As I said earlier a 3 loss team is a vast improvement. Next year this defense will be the best in the league if not near the top of the nation and sam will control the offense.

Calm down on playoff talks. CCG talks still in the cards.

Regardless of Sam’s health or if Shane’s playing or Rising - Herman needs to put together a package of plays for Casey Thompson. Let’s use that kids athleticism in short yardage and near to goal situation over the next few games.

These dumbs asses will have him run the speed option to the short side of the field with Ingram.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blanton said:

We will probably get OSU's best shot, but they quit today. Gundy might be mentally checked out at this point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We will probably get OSU's best shot, but they quit today. Gundy might be mentally checked out at this point.

Hope I’m wrong. 

I just think we’re looking at a gauntlet a la 2008 where crazy shit happens that’s out of our control. 

Yes, of course, the competition is not nearly as strong, but our team isn’t close to the 2008 Texas Longhorns’ level of talent. 

And instead of national championship implications, we’re trying to make it to that game in Jerryworld. I’ll take an injured same right now vs. first drive of the 2018 Big 12 Championship against Oklahoma. 

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

Assuming they told the truth and aren’t idiots, Sam has a grade 1 AC separation. Called a ‘shoulder’ separation, but doesn’t involve the ball-and-socket ar all. AC separations are graded by Xray, so we don’t the mri to know it’s a 1. The grade of separation, which Xray reveals, is based on how much tore completely: 1-nothing, 2- joint capsule around end of clavicle where it abuts scapula, 3- coracoclavicular ligaments, 4+ -other stuff involved. The reason for the mri, other than cya, is likely to see just how much injury there is to the structures which have not shown Xray evidence of complete rupture. Sprains are graded 1-3, with 3 being rupture of the ligament. A grade 1 AC is therefore a grade 1 or 2 sprain of the capsule. AC joints don’t pop back. Once they tear enough to allow displacement, the muscles acting on the clavicle make sure the displacement remains (unless surgically corrected).

The hope and expectation that Sam might throw after a week is reasonable. Some AC injuries nag, but many grade 1-2 sprains, AC included, improve enough after a week for competition.

Avatar checks out. I'm sold. Play him.

2 hours ago, Texas25 said:

If you think the same team that has lost to Tech, Iowa State, and Kansas State is going to show up on Halloween weekend in what may or may not be a night game (TBD), you are mistaken. We aren't beating them with what we showed today with Shane at QB. That or our defense plays the game of their life.

That's what I'm thinking as well. With Sam's injury, OSU will be smelling blood. This may be their only chance to "salvage" their season. They will be sky high when they take the field. Sky fucking high. Rising needs to be ready to come in - not just in case Shane is injured, either. If Buechele can't move the ball against OSU, it will be time to move on. This isn't the first time Sam has been injured, and it may not be the last. Time to get Rising some reps.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hey if I want to suck dick, you better back off and let me!

Let the man suck dick. A man's gotta suck dick, 'specially a determined dick sucking man. He's liberated when doing so - who are we to deny him that liberated, flesh-in-cheek feeling? Let the man suck dick. I'll go as far as going on record saying that that man should be allowed to suck dick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

That's what I'm thinking as well. With Sam's injury, OSU will be smelling blood. This may be their only chance to "salvage" their season. They will be sky high when they take the field. Sky fucking high. Rising needs to be ready to come in - not just in case Shane is injured, either. If Buechele can't move the ball against OSU, it will be time to move on. This isn't the first time Sam has been injured, and it may not be the last. Time to get Rising some reps.

One thing the OSU defense is good at is getting sacks.  Other than that it's a whole lotta' meh'.

1 hour ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Iowa State is better than all three of those teams.

False. Iowa State did Iowa State things and had their upset. They’ll regress to the median soon enough. 

I am 100% concerned about this team’s ability on the road in what are gonna probably be night games. 

23 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

They may get fired up, but all OSU is smelling right now is 99-year-old ball sweat.

27 minutes ago, Waterface said:

Let the man suck dick. A man's gotta suck dick, 'specially a determined dick sucking man. He's liberated when doing so - who are we to deny him that liberated, flesh-in-cheek feeling? Let the man suck dick. I'll go as far as going on record saying that that man should be allowed to suck dick.

I’d rep you if I weren’t already out. Lol

24 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Holy shit did Shane fuck Rex Kramer’s mom, sister, wife, or some combo of the 3?

Mom died. No sis. He was gonna bang my wife but panicked and left the pocket early. 

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Of course he was rusty. This was game 7 of this season. He never saw the field at all til today. If Herman was really trying to save him a transfer year, he should have given someone else some backup snaps. You cant just have no prepared backup QB. Herman is Mack 2.0.  He can only get 1 guy ready to go. Meanwhile Urban could put 3 different guys behind center and win an MNC with him. 

I recall hearing the broadcast team say something like, "Shane Buechele seems pretty rusty." Then my brother blurted out rather loudly, "yeah, no shit. That's what happens when you don't get any playing time."

9 hours ago, Carl Winslow said:

the same osu mollywhopped by kstate?

College FB fans are guilty of the “triangle effect”.  We assume if A =B and B = C, then naturally C must = A . 

We all do it in order to make our case,  but a road conference game vs OSu will not be a layup simply b/c KSU beat OSU. The game will likely be a night game vs a motivated Poke squad.  They can sling it and we will need to play great to win the game. Add in the Shane factor (ie no qb run game) and this game suddenly becomes a slog. 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I don’t appreciate him as a backup. He was incompetent for large stretches today. The faster he transfers and the staff doesn’t have him at our disposal, the better. We need someone capable of running Herman’s O and he is most certainly not it. He shouldn’t be the backup. He nearly cost us the game today. 

This post nails it, IMO.  I don’t think that Shane necessarily sucks or is not better than what showed today.  To me, he is just a terrible fit for this offensive system.  Our insistence on throwing on 2nd and long for a good part of the game was killing us.  We scored a TD on the first drive where we ran on the first two downs and then threw on the next first.  This offense needs to heavily rely on Ingram, IMO.  I actually feel the same even when Sam is out there.  Ingram is just special.

13 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yes. LJ in particular caught two balls that were so poorly placed that he was stopped for no gain. That beast needs the ball in space. Shane couldn’t even do that right. His 58% completion rate was a sham. 

Yep.  Receivers bailed him out a LOT today. Of course, I’m hyper-aware of this because I’ve seen the same shit from Sam frequently this season, but I’m apparently in the minority when discussing Sam’s accuracy.  To me, they are both AVERAGE QB’’s.  However Sam is a fucking badass, GREAT football player, and we have to have him to win any games of significance.  Thanks god it appears that we won’t be without him for the next game.  My heart and liver can’t take much more of what we saw today.

• Like 4

One thing the OSU defense is good at is getting sacks.  Other than that it's a whole lotta' meh'.

Shane’s self sacks to make a comeback!

The thing that worries me is if Shane plays against OSU is Herman going to gameplan around Shane? He wouldn’t last year. Luckily, OSU is not good so maybe they can get away with it.

10 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Yep.  Receivers bailed him out a LOT today. Of course, I’m hyper-aware of this because I’ve seen the same shit from Sam frequently this season, but I’m apparently in the minority when discussing Sam’s accuracy.  To me, they are both AVERAGE QB’’s.  However Sam is a fucking badass, GREAT football player, and we have to have him to win any games of significance.  Thanks god it appears that we won’t be without him for the next game.  My heart and liver can’t take much more of what we saw today.

I can get aligned with this

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

College FB fans are guilty of the “triangle effect”.  We assume if A =B and B = C, then naturally C must = A . 

We all do it in order to make our case,  but a road conference game vs OSu will not be a layup simply b/c KSU beat OSU. The game will likely be a night game vs a motivated Poke squad.  They can sling it and we will need to play great to win the game. Add in the Shane factor (ie no qb run game) and this game suddenly becomes a slog. 

It's also OSUs homecoming. They will be motivated.

Edited by Kel Varnsen