Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Derka dislikes Sam?  He’ll be good then.

But for real.  An above average game manager?  He beat “Kyler the game changer”. He beat Grier the whole fucking game.  You say people are crazy for saying he’s a heisman contender in the next few years in the same post you compare a true sophomore with fucking Vince and Colt.  No shit he ain’t one of those.  It ain’t crazy to think he can be in the upper echelon of Texas QBs.   Sam doesn’t have the OL or defense that the two had either.  He’s responded to not having CJ tonight with 11 completions to 5 different receivers not named LJH. 

Stick to your basketball takes.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

or saying that he's a heisman contenders that is delusional. 

The majority aren't saying this, though, and by pretending otherwise is just as sensational and/or delusional.

The last two weeks have absolutely fucking sucked--with our defense suddenly becoming soft as dogshit and our coaches reeling from apparent learning disabilities. Witnessing Sam's heart and development has been a revelation.

Will Sam be in New York next year? Probably not. Even if he continues to improve game-over-game like he has this season, I don't think our coaches or defense are going to be good enough to put him in position to earn an invite.

But I'm not gonna come on this thread and shit on him/point out flaws/denounce fanboys when he's been one of the few bright spots.

7 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Isn't Sam like 9th in the country in total QB TDs? Not only that, where does his 2 INTs rank? Top 5? 

There's a whole slew of better metrics available here https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/ and you aren't going to find sam's name in the top 20 of many, if any of them. 

@Braff Zacklin I never said that the majority of our fan base said he's a heisman contender, and frankly nothing that i've said tonight is even a little bit outlandish. the fact that i've seen multiple posters talking about him as a heisman contender and exactly zero posters saying "tap the breaks" was enough for me to go ahead and say so. 

Edited by Goo Punch

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Shut the fuck up.  You step in it and start scolding people and you expect no pushback?  Fuck that.  You're the epitome of a high school drama queen, trying to stir up controversy.

Here's the deal:  you know jack.  You like to pontificate and then you get your panties bunched  when people don't react in deference.  You'll never learn.

You are absolutely trying to create controversy where none is warranted.  It's your stock in trade.  Don't act like we don't know exactly what you are.

lmao. yeah, i'm the one getting my panties bunched. that's hilarious. how about you go wipe the foam off your mouth, pop a xanax, and come back when your heart rate is somewhere below 160 bpm.

29 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

also, re: "true sophomore". It's not 1995 anymore; freshmen and sophomores are all conference and all american players now with regularity. I keep referencing Kyler Murray and Tua, a freshman and a sophomore, both of whom are actual legit difference makers and Heisman contenders. There's nothing particularly noteworthy about being at Sam's performance level as a sophomore. He's good, and that's fine. I doubt you'll find anybody outside of this fan base who thinks he's "a difference maker", or "must see tv".

Murray is a Junior. But don’t let facts get in the way of your rants. 

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Goo Punch is showing himself as a true connoisseur of the cock.   

He's exactly the type of moron who mistakes having a loud, obnoxious opinion on everything with being well versed. He needed a big brother growing up to slap him across the mouth a time or two and remind him that he's a just a fat fucking loser and nobody gives a shit about his stupid opinions.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

There's a whole slew of better metrics available here https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/ and you aren't going to find sam's name in the top 20 of many, if any of them. 

@Braff Zacklin I never said that the majority of our fan base said he's a heisman contender, and frankly nothing that i've said tonight is even a little bit outlandish. the fact that i've seen multiple posters talking about him as a heisman contender and exactly zero posters saying "tap the breaks" was enough for me to go ahead and say so. 

Hey, take your "better metrics" and shove them up your fat pussy, you stupid fuck. Sam has 30 TDs and 2 INTs on the year. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, hornian said:

Murray is a Junior. But don’t let facts get in the way of your rants. 

First off, learn what a rant is. Second, don't you worry, i would never let facts get in the way of the point i'm making, which in this case happens to be that that there's nothing particularly special about being a solid QB as a sophomore. So let's get to those facts:

Just two years ago a sophomore QB actually won the Heisman, while another one finished 6th. The year before that a sophomore QB finished 3rd. Jameis Winston won the award as a sophomore. Johnny Manziel won the Heisman as a freshman. I could keep going, but you get the point. Well you probably don't, but the point has been made nonetheless.  

32 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

that is a fact. and i'm okay with it. we all have little vices, and one of mine is that i have a hard time holding my tongue when i see this fan base doing what it always does and sensationalizing everything that's good or bad about our program.  

bottom line, nobody outside of this fan base is anywhere near as smitten with Sam's consistently solid play to the point of tuning in to watch him ball out, or saying that he's a heisman contender. these sentiments are delusional, and are held only by members of this fan base.

I didn't listen to you when you posted the week of the OU game that Texas would score 6 points and Sam would have 3 turnovers by HALFTIME, so why do you think I would value your opinions now?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Hey, take your "better metrics" and shove them up your fat pussy, you stupid fuck. Sam has 30 TDs and 2 INTs on the year. 

It never ceases to amaze me how you guys convince yourselves that i'm the one with the anger problem. Keep acting like a child because someone said something you disagree with. 

Also, that's a pretty disingenuous stat you just posted, considering that Sam has actually thrown 19 TDs this year. But again, that's the very reason i'm here- the bring a little reality to our fans' sensationalist takes on our coaches, players, and teams. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I didn't listen to you when you posted the week of the OU game that Texas would score 6 points and Sam would have 3 turnovers by HALFTIME, so why do you think I would value your opinions now?

care to refresh my memory? i don't recall predicting that. 

also i don't expect you or any of the other zealots here to respect an opinion that doesn't follow the herd, but i'm still going to post it nonetheless. 

Edited by Goo Punch

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

It never ceases to amaze me how you guys convince yourselves that i'm the one with the anger problem. Keep acting like a child because someone said something you disagree with. 

Also, that's a pretty disingenuous stat you just posted, considering that Sam has actually thrown 19 TDs this year. But again, that's the very reason i'm here- the bring a little reality to our fans' sensationalist takes on our coaches, players, and teams. 

Ummm... don't 11 rushing TDs count too? Or does the Goo Punch preferred statistical numbers not include that? 

TDs are TDs whether theyre thrown or run for. But yea... I'm totally like being disingenuous right?  

30 TDs 2 INTs. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The bad take that finally made me put derka on ignore

does anybody here- literally, any body, any single one of you- want to argue the points i've actually made, or are you all going to keep pretending that i'm in here saying that he sucks? 

you gonna make the case that he's a heisman contender next year? you gonna make the case that he's on the same level as murray, grier, tua, etc? are you going to make the argument that he's a Colt and VY type playmaker, the type who takes busted plays and third and longs and turns them into huge gains with his dynamism? no? then stop whining. 

Edited by Goo Punch

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

care to refresh my memory? 

Goo,  I actually respect your bball commentary, but you continually undervalue Sam. Here's two little gems I pulled up without too much searching. Both of these were the week before OU, lol. 

"...in other words we wouldn't be surprised if blitz packages and disguised coverages lead sam to turning the ball over, or if OU decides to blitz on every single 3rd down and 4+ because sam has proven that he can't hit an open wr even when he has a clean pocketwe won't be surprised if accounting for 6 total offensive points vs OU results in a blowout loss."

"…because we're winning none of his obvious flaws matter or are allowed to be discussed. because we're winning we all have to sit around slurping our mediocre qb, right?

Before last season, I said Sam would start.

This off season, I posted that Sam would show great progression. 

Next year, Sam has us competing for championships.

Hook 'em. 

20 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Someone seems to get mad every time Sam has a decent game.  Someone has also referenced people mentioning Sam and Heisman more times than people have actually mentioned Sam and Heisman.

In Goo Punch's world, it's OK to talk about Kyler Murray Heisman chances, but not the guy who outplayed him in a head to head matchup, and who wasn't a complete pussy who slides to the ground any time a defender is within five yards of him.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 2

I don't post often and have no clout here, but I find it hilarious that Derka fancies himself the rational voice of the board.   So principled as to never give in to the emotional rollercoaster that the idiots on here fall victim to.  More enlightened with his cherry picked advanced metrics that make him smarter for knowing of.  If you don't agree with him, you're a homer sheep.  Thank you for posting, Derka.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Goo,  I actually respect your bball commentary, but you continually undervalue Sam. Here's two little gems I pulled up without too much searching. Both of these were the week before OU, lol. 

"...in other words we wouldn't be surprised if blitz packages and disguised coverages lead sam to turning the ball over, or if OU decides to blitz on every single 3rd down and 4+ because sam has proven that he can't hit an open wr even when he has a clean pocketwe won't be surprised if accounting for 6 total offensive points vs OU results in a blowout loss."

"…because we're winning none of his obvious flaws matter or are allowed to be discussed. because we're winning we all have to sit around slurping our mediocre qb, right?

Before last season, I said Sam would start.

This off season, I posted that Sam would show great progression. 

Next year, Sam has us competing for championships.

Hook 'em. 

okay, so i didn't predict it, i said i wouldn't be surprised if it happened, and i was admittedly waaaay off on that one. my level of respect for Sam has grown tremendously since that time, and i've made dozens of posts which irrefutably show as much. I was wrong about Sam. He has turned out to be much better than I thought he would be, even as recently as those posts you've quoted. but i think that some are going too far with their praise for him now, and really i'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong once again. i will gladly take all of the abuse that comes my way a year from now if Sam Ehlinger is a Heisman contender. I think that he's a super solid QB who's been really really good for us, and I certainly don't think he sucks, as so many here seem to be gleaning from my posts. 

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

*Posts retarded thing*

*people roast retarded thing that he posted*

*gets upset*

you guys keep saying this and pos repping each other, but i'm not the one getting upset. jimmyjazz, and hook em, and butt pirate, and countless others are getting upset. not me. pretty weird how y'all refuse to accept this. 

Edited by Goo Punch

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

does anybody here- literally, any body, any single one of you- want to argue the points i've actually made, or are you all going to keep pretending that i'm in here saying that he sucks? 

you gonna make the case that he's a heisman contender next year?

I literally went back to October 22 and got tired of looking.  The ONLY statement I saw in that timeframe about "Heisman" that wasn't complete sarcasm was this:

He keeps progressing at this rate he's a Heisman contender next year.

I don't know how you can fucking argue with that.  If you can find some hidden "woo he's a shoo-in for the Heisman" subtext that I missed, good for you, but I'm thinking you're imagining something or it's at least 3 weeks old and you're making an argument against a perspective that doesn't currently exist.

Prove me wrong, Derka.  I'd love to see it.  At the very least, it's been weeks and pages of discussion since any talk of that sort.

19 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

you guys keep saying this and pos repping each other, but i'm not the one getting upset. jimmyjazz, and hook em, and butt pirate, and countless others are getting upset. not me. pretty weird how y'all refuse to accept this. 

How's his "advanced stats" looking after this game?

He's thrown that pass for what, a half dozen TDs this year?  Plus at least a couple of great post routes (Duvernay comes to mind)?

He's just getting better and better.

I don't really know who to compare him to.  He doesn't remind me of many other-worldly QBs.  He's getting pretty good, though.  He's just kinda blue collar.  I'll take it.