Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

14 minutes ago, jinx said:

Herman has his QBs participate in a bull in the ring match up before the spring game.  Protecting QBs has no place in his football culture.  Anybody that doesn't like it is going to have to get over it.

Tim Tebow would fully approve.

Is it really fair for Herman to expect Shane to step in the ring with Sam at this point

51 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

But we have to get better at the RB run game because Herman is smart enough to generally save the big QB carry totals for stronger opponents.

Exactly.  Need the RBs to carry the load in 8 or 9 games.  Didn't always happens so we have close results against Baylor and Kansas.  Texas is a completely different offense when Sam carries the ball 15-20 times but you don't want to do that every game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Exactly.  Need the RBs to carry the load in 8 or 9 games.  Didn't always happens so we have close results against Baylor and Kansas.  Texas is a completely different offense when Sam carries the ball 15-20 times but you don't want to do that every game.

Ingram needs to have a phenomenal offseason, and we need another grad transfer.

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

I was listening to a longhorn podcast and they brought up this stat and the QBs that had accomplished it.  Who are the QBs that have had Atleast 25 passing TDs and Atleast 15 rushing TDs?  I can’t remember all the names but some of them were Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel, Marcus Marriota, and i think Lamar Jackson.  

Sam made that list.  All those other QBs won a heisman.  Sam will be on the heisman watch to start next season forsure. 

I think the Networks like what they saw in Sam. He's got a story to tell. All American kid. Great image. He's going to be in the spotlight next year. Look for our games to get more prime time - especially if we can keep winning. Looking like an awesome ride.

58 minutes ago, Machinator said:

is it just me or did he lost vision as the season went on? Ingram I mean. multiple times in the SB I, along with all my watching party, were miffed at his decisions on where he was going. happened some games ago too where I noticed him making odd decisions on where to go

I hope we can get to a system where Sam runs no more than 10 times a game. Same as Vince's junior year. O was so good they didn't have to call dedicated QB runs nearly that often. 

• Like 1

As a washed up old high school qb...it’s a weird thing. Best way I can explain it is it’s kinda like how you feel people looking at you.  In the pocket you can feel the pressure even though you are looking down field.

Case study in Sam vs Shane’s pocket presence. It’s why boo could throw for 93&47482929 yds as a freshman when it’s come off a playfake and launch it as far as you can but then look pedestrian the next year. 

Sam has that feel. I know that’s obvious to us now but it explains a lot about our qb play last couple years.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, NowThis said:

when he takes off, i have the same confidence that I had with VY to make the needed yards.  Sam's cutting ability, for a guy his size, is pretty amazing. 

first you say that tom herman needs to cut down the qb runs by 70%, (aka change what he's been doing his entire career that's gotten him this far) in some attempt to protect sam (never mind that a huge part of sam being sam is his physicality), but then you say that when sam takes off you have the same confidence that you had in VY. then why would you want to drastically cut down on the qb runs? 

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 5:35 PM, JBJ said:

How does this even make sense? Sam didn't see him coming.  He sees the future before it happens....that's the only reasonable explanation.

6 hours ago, jw4381 said:

How the fuck??

Sam has tapped into his Jedi powers and uses the force to evade rushers off the edge. 

What. The. Fuck.

Sam punks Georgia in the Sugar Bowl to bring us back to national prominence after a lost decade in the CFB abyss and you dumbasses have to start measuring that against Mayfield and OU?  That is fucking aggier than aggy.

Go start a “Baker Mayfield Fellatio” thread if you want to sing his praises.  Get that shit out of here.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, RichUT said:

He also made contact with exactly nobody despite being kept in the block. No idea what he was doing on that play.

Just being present affected the tackling angle of the defenders, otherwise it's short of the first down.

14 hours ago, staboner said:

is it just me or did he lost vision as the season went on? Ingram I mean. multiple times in the SB I, along with all my watching party, were miffed at his decisions on where he was going. happened some games ago too where I noticed him making odd decisions on where to go

I hope we can get to a system where Sam runs no more than 10 times a game. Same as Vince's junior year. O was so good they didn't have to call dedicated QB runs nearly that often. 

Go back through the last half decade or so of Tom Herman coordinated offense and look at what was expected of the QB - those responsibilities aren't changing.

2012 Ohio St - QB's had 236 rushing attempts

2013 Ohio St - QB 228 rushing attempts

2014 Ohio St - QB 243 rushing attempts

2015 Houston - QB 224 rushing attempts

2016 Houston - QB 228 rushing attempts

Those Ohio ST and Houston offenses were incredibly successful - and the QB run game was a huge part of that.  Its not going to change in a Tom Herman led offense unless he's stuck with a QB that just can't run.  No such problems right now.

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

first you say that tom herman needs to cut down the qb runs by 70%, (aka change what he's been doing his entire career that's gotten him this far) in some attempt to protect sam (never mind that a huge part of sam being sam is his physicality), but then you say that when sam takes off you have the same confidence that you had in VY. then why would you want to drastically cut down on the qb runs? 

Nothing he says makes sense.

15 hours ago, Constant said:

c81caf918c61497a3b25479eaa135c3a

If only Neo could see what was in front of him. 

If only your defense could keep anything in front of it. Just like we have seemed to master the art of throwing away Big 12 titles, y'all have mastered that art of throwing away historically good offense with historically bad defense.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chase25 said:

If only your defense could keep anything in front of it. Just like we have seemed to master the art of throwing away Big 12 titles, y'all have mastered that art of throwing away historically good offense with historically bad defense.

You aren’t telling me anything I don’t already know. We haven’t had an advantage on that side of the ball since Venables left. 

• Fuck You 9

13 hours ago, Constant said:

You aren’t telling me anything I don’t already know. We haven’t had an advantage on that side of the ball since Venables left. 

Unpossible. You guys were so pumped when brother bag o' dicks came in to ramp up your defense because Venables sucked.

Edited by Bevo14

On 1/3/2019 at 4:19 PM, Machinator said:

A lot more film work and training ahead for Ingram in 2019...... latter half of 2018 Season he was more indecisive and shying away from contact probably due to being so banged up.

For 2019, it's about getting Ingram stronger, healthy and better prepared mentally for the Texas Offense..... and hopefully Keaontay has an even better 2nd Season scoring lots of TDs  by being more patient and decisive...  1 Cut & Go 🤘

The part of that play that I liked was his immediate response to run into the area that the rusher had vacated.  There was no hesitation.  I imagine he has studied enough film to know that there would be lots of daylight there.  It was like "ok, gonna try to get me, then I'll just take this what you left open."