Jump to content
wild_turkey

Sam Ehlinger

Recommended Posts

I played a lot of NCAA football on PS3 back in the day. 

We could have used you calling plays a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two observations
I had no idea the gap between Sam and Colt was so large (passing TD)
That Case is on the list is awesome for
him but depressing for the history of Texas QBing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lhorn said:

Two observations
I had no idea the gap between Sam and Colt was so large (passing TD)
That Case is on the list is awesome for
him but depressing for the history of Texas QBing

Yes but the fact that Bobby Layne is still on the list shows why people who doubt his status as an all-time Longhorn great and possibly the 2nd best QB in Texas history (he is IMO) are goobers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, texanbychoice said:


To me this just cements how great Colt was. God, what a surprise for us. emoji1591.png

He was great. He was aided by 4 years of starting from the outset, versus Sam’s freshmen year split with Shane and a short year this year. There’s no way he can break Colt’s records even if we play 13 games this year. Now if he returns next year, he’ll break them all, except completion % and probably overall rating. 

Interestingly Sam is firmly #2 in literally every category. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sam doesn’t come back, he’ll probably have 48 starts versus Colt’s 53. This assumes we play in Big 12 CCG and a bowl game, but don’t make the playoffs. I’d project this would put Sam at about 12,400 career yards versus Colt’s 13,253. And about 100 passing TDs versus Colt’s 112. What’s interesting is with 5 more starts, Sam’s yardage and passing TDs would likely exceed Colt’s, but not by much. His rushing yardage and TDs will far exceed Colt’s anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Now do total wins as a starter.

Now tell me about the players around him, particularly on the D side of the ball.  Tell me about defensive coaching from ‘06 to ‘09. Tell me about the continuity from JC, and then to Quan and Ship. Tell me where our TEs have gone since J Mike. And then tell me how that’s Sam’s fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes but the fact that Bobby Layne is still on the list shows why people who doubt his status as an all-time Longhorn great and possibly the 2nd best QB in Texas history (he is IMO) are goobers.

The fact that he was #1 on the list from 1947 to 1992 is damn impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Tell me on the doll where Colt McCoy having more career wins touched you. Jesus get a grip.

It doesn’t. I love Colt. I was responding, trying to keep my message board honor, bruv. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The fact that he was #1 on the list from 1947 to 1992 is damn impressive.

Bobby Layne often gets overlooked. He’s by far the most accomplished at the next level. But it’s impossible to compare across generations. In my lifetime, it’s VY, Colt and Sam. I was born in ‘78. If you’re ranking them all time, Street has to be there in the top 3, and Layne has to be in the top 5. But VY, Colt, and Sam are there. 

I know a lot on here have been critical of Sam, but most celebrate him now. Considering the 7-8 post-seasons of QB wilderness where a Good Ash was the bright spot, I fucking love Sam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the hosts were talking on Sportsradio so this may all be bullshit, but if Sam wanted - he could come back next year and play also due to COVID this year does not count as a year of eligibility burned?  They said there is no clarity regarding scholarship totals from the NCAA, but was just curious if that was true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, deech said:

So the hosts were talking on Sportsradio so this may all be bullshit, but if Sam wanted - he could come back next year and play also due to COVID this year does not count as a year of eligibility burned?  They said there is no clarity regarding scholarship totals from the NCAA, but was just curious if that was true.

He could and will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Xian said:

He could and will 

He can, but I doubt he comes back barring injury.  If he can't get it done this year (win the conference), he's not next year either.  Good or bad, after this year he'll have gone as far as Herman and company will allow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SIAP: there appeared to be  at least 2 maybe 3 blown routes, where Sam seemed non-gruntled w/ his WR.

Anyone know who that might have been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deech said:

So the hosts were talking on Sportsradio so this may all be bullshit, but if Sam wanted - he could come back next year and play also due to COVID this year does not count as a year of eligibility burned?  They said there is no clarity regarding scholarship totals from the NCAA, but was just curious if that was true.

It's a free year for everyone. Seniors will still be seniors in 2021, if they choose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

blOU fans on Twitter are pissed 😁

 



They can get fucked

kid had over 400yrd and 5 tds in the first half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, El Squared said:

SIAP: there appeared to be  at least 2 maybe 3 blown routes, where Sam seemed non-gruntled w/ his WR.

Anyone know who that might have been?

One was definitely Eagles.  I don't remember who the other was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, El Squared said:

SIAP: there appeared to be  at least 2 maybe 3 blown routes, where Sam seemed non-gruntled w/ his WR.

Anyone know who that might have been?

One of them ward said he straight up threw it away. It looked like communication issue though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, texanbychoice said:


To me this just cements how great Colt was. God, what a surprise for us. emoji1591.png


I still remember seeing him run up and down the court at the state basketball championships, looking like a skinny, emaciated fawn, thinking "there is no way this kid will ever be a D-1 player, let alone a starter."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, El Squared said:

SIAP: there appeared to be  at least 2 maybe 3 blown routes, where Sam seemed non-gruntled w/ his WR.

Anyone know who that might have been?

Sam looked pissed after 2 Eagles targets. The 2nd was possibly just a Sam over-throw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, B00M said:

Sam looked pissed after 2 Eagles targets. The 2nd was possibly just a Sam over-throw. 

It looked like two vertical-option routes where Eagles and Sam were not making the same post-snap read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, satyanash said:

blOU fans on Twitter are pissed 😁

 

Lol they played Missouri fucking State. 

UTEP beat SFA who would handle those guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I counted at least three times where Sam and Eagles didn't look like they were on the same page.  Not sure who's fault it was.  Check out Eagles and Whittington on this play:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, satyanash said:

blOU fans on Twitter are pissed 😁

 

Someone should tell them Rattler can win it when he starts playing FBS teams. And also that they should eat a bag of dicks. 

14 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It looked like two vertical-option routes where Eagles and Sam were not making the same post-snap read.

 

9 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

I counted at least three times where Sam and Eagles didn't look like they were on the same page.  Not sure who's fault it was.  Check out Eagles and Whittington on this play:

 

Nice work. I thought I remembered 3 involving Eagles. Based on what we know about the two of them, I’m gonna go ahead and assume that Eagles was in the wrong all 3 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice work. I thought I remembered 3 involving Eagles. Based on what we know about the two of them, I’m gonna go ahead and assume that Eagles was in the wrong all 3 times. 

For sure on two there was no over the top help and eagles probably should have went deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other one isn't really clear, may have just been a wide throw or poor timing:

 

 

 

Edited by JBJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The other one isn't really clear:    

 

 

 

Maybe he was to cut back the other direction toward the pylon on that one but cut in? That was the one I couldn’t figure out. If he does that it’s likely a touchdown or a catch at the 1 hardline.  

So I’ll say Eagles fault.

 

 

Looking at it the DB is sitting on the inside so yeah I think it was one of those out routes at sideline.

 

28bc8991d8e6102faaad66947d5326ee.jpg

Sam is about .5 seconds from throwing to him and you see eagles breaking down to make the cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Maybe he was to cut back the other direction toward the pylon on that one but cut in? That was the one I couldn’t figure out. If he does that it’s likely a touchdown or a catch at the 1 hardline.  

So I’ll say Eagles fault.

 

 

Looking at it the DB is sitting on the inside so yeah I think it was one of those out routes at sideline.

 

28bc8991d8e6102faaad66947d5326ee.jpg

Sam is about .5 seconds from throwing to him and you see eagles breaking down to make the cut.

Christian Jones....uh....whatcha doing buddy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

Any qb starting for Riley will be a heisman hopeful every august.   But he will receive plenty of votes by december when they see how good he is.

Kingsbury, Symons, Cumins, Harrell and Mahomes all laugh at your offensive stats and QB Heisman winners.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...