Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Gotdamn. Won't mean anything for his draft prospects but that would have been the highest vertical for a QB prospect at the combine in the last few years.

Does this pass the sniff test? Does Jane Slater have a 40" vert too? 

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hard to imagine he changed many opinions with that. Lots of arc on short/intermediate and lots of ducks deep.

Is homeboy that caught those temporary stands after catching a ball out of bounds ok? 

Edited by B00M

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Still wondering what round Sam ends up getting selected.

Any word on teams most interested in drafting Sam??

My guess is UDFA is still most likely. And that's okay, his best shot is as a guy who gets to be a backup for a lot of years because he works harder than most starters. Doesn't really matter where a guy like that gets drafted, and might even be better if he gets to pick-and-choose from a few UDFA offers for his first gig.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

My guess is UDFA is still most likely. And that's okay, his best shot is as a guy who gets to be a backup for a lot of years because he works harder than most starters. Doesn't really matter where a guy like that gets drafted, and might even be better if he gets to pick-and-choose from a few UDFA offers for his first gig.

With so many extra draft picks allowed due to more teams being awarded compensatory picks, I gotta believe Ehlinger will get drafted...

Just now, LTtxfan said:

With so many extra draft picks allowed due to more teams being awarded compensatory picks, I gotta believe Ehlinger will get drafted...

Well, I haven't read any NFL news in five years, so there's undoubtedly things that are different about this year that I am totally blind to. I'd rather be wrong because I don't care than wrong for any other reason, so I'm okay with that. :D 

Bruce Feldman article...

"QB Coach No. 1 on Texas QB Sam Ehlinger:  He was great in the interview. He has great intangibles, but he’s at 6-1, 220 and he only runs a 4.8, so he’s not fast enough or big enough to be a run-around guy, and he has a long motion and his ball comes undone and has inconsistent accuracy. He misses a lot of easy throws"

• Hook 'Em 1