Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

4 minutes ago, Nope said:

Good point...Book is terrible

Can't be that short, have average athleticism, and be inaccurate and still expect to get drafted. He's better off grinding for a spot in a good situation with someone who can find some value out of what he does well. 

Hopefully he can make a squad for a few years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Can't be that short, have average athleticism, and be inaccurate and still expect to get drafted. He's better off grinding for a spot in a good situation with someone who can find some value out of what he does well. 

Hopefully he can make a squad for a few years.

He would be a better backup in Baltimore than Mcsorley

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

From his interviews, Sam does not appear to be particularly interested in coaching.

For sure not.  Don't think he'll float around the NFL from job to job either.  He's got some smarts and a network he can leverage immediately if he wants.  Give pro football a year and then maybe bail.

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Just needs to get his start in commercial real estate or insurance. 

He's graduating with a degree from McCombs. He can make bank a number of ways. Very smart young man.

On 4/30/2021 at 3:18 PM, LTtxfan said:

Guess I don't have my burnt orange glasses on -- there's just no way that I want the Cowboys wasting a pick on Ehlinger.  Draft another defender or special teams player instead... 

Thank You Indianapolis... Much better QB coach for Sam

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yep. I imagine Eason is fairly entrenched as the backup. Jalen Morton is the guy he’s battling for QB3. And I’m not convinced just reuniting with Reich is gonna save Wentz’s career. If he can make the roster, this is ideal for Sam. 

Practice Squad could also be an option if Sam can't initially beat out those guys...

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Chris Brown

I’m surprised he hasn’t gotten drafted late. I’ve thought of him as someone who got caught up in the numbers of the secondary and wasn’t able to distinguish himself but likely has the skills to make it in the league. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Eason is pretty good. UGA fucked up by going all in on Fromm and running off Eason and Fields. Eason has that NFL frame and arm. 

yeah Sam just getting drafted and making a roster would be a huge win.  he's 6' 1", average arm, and average accuracy.  the kid is a gamer, smart, and I am sure a hard worker.  Getting drafted by Reich(former career backup who always had to be prepared) says something because you don't waste a draft pick on a guy when you have 3 QB's.  Wonder if Reich think Sam can push Wentz and Eason on the game prep side.  you don't want to get shown up by the #3 or 4 QB.

do they give out the wonderlic scores still?