Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Cue the people who think Sam is getting too big to be a dual threat. Personally, I'd rather have a Tim Tebow who can get the 1st down or TD than a Lamar Jackson. Let the WRs or RBs be the shifty ones. 

I’d rather my qb not be trying to use the truck stick on people close to his size.

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’d rather my qb not be trying to use the truck stick on people close to his size.

Wasn't it Andrew Luck who said after laying out some USC player who picked up a fumble that he's a football player first and foremost? I love the physicality that we showed last year, and it starts with that thicc boi under center. 

• Like 1

It isn't like Sam has ever been a breakaway burner or relied on juking people left and right. He is elusive for his size/style, but at the end of the day his game is his game. I'd rather him play it bigger than smaller, all things being equal.

And he isn't 250. Remember that if he was listed at 230 or 235 that means he was probably 220.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Where the fuck is this "too big" shit coming from? All I see in the last few pages are a couple pics of the guy in a loose windbreaker. Where's the "too big" accusations and the stat saying the dude weighs 250?

Sounded more like a prediction. A very very bad prediction 

On 5/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, gmr548 said:

It isn't like Sam has ever been a breakaway burner or relied on juking people left and right. He is elusive for his size/style, but at the end of the day his game is his game. I'd rather him play it bigger than smaller, all things being equal.

And he isn't 250. Remember that if he was listed at 230 or 235 that means he was probably 220.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He's not a burner but he's actually sneaky quick.  Watch how often he leaves a defender grabbing at air on a cutback or sets them up with the shoulder fake then runs straight through an attempted arm tackle.

40 minutes ago, ousux said:

So where's the alternate cover that's all aggy, all the time?

No way those make it to any newstand within 20 miles of collie station..

they'll have sleeves covering up the picture like a Hustler mag.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

He's not a burner but he's actually sneaky quick.  Watch how often he leaves a defender grabbing at air on a cutback or sets them up with the shoulder fake then runs straight through an attempted arm tackle.

The thing that amazes me about his running style is how patient he is I'm seeking out a gap or setting up a blocker.nine times out of 10 I'm thinking hurry hurry but he's just patient as he can be and makes it pay off

On 5/25/2019 at 11:09 PM, Machinator said:

Can't embed the video unfortunately, here's the direct link: http://www.cbssports.com/general/video/481f3971-96d0-4050-94e0-368a4d40c82e

ESPN article on this California camp.... quotes Sam

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26838032/going-camping-tua-trevor-nation-top-qbs

"This time where we're all out here is probably the best time of the year for everybody because there's no stress," Texas QB Sam Ehlinger said. "We get to come out to one of the most beautiful places in the world and just relax, get cool stuff, hang out with little kids and give back to the community.

"You play the game of football to have fun and form relationships like this, so when you get to go out and hang out with all these guys from around the country and have fun, it's what it's all about."

On 6/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, ousux said:

So where's the alternate cover that's all aggy, all the time?

No way those make it to any newstand within 20 miles of collie station..

college station alternate version

D8KUeKWXkAYouIj.jpg:large

Edited by MAROON
  • Fuck You 21

52 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It might be funny if y’all have even sniffed at a conference title in 20 years or a national title in 80. But hey, being Bama and LSU’s bitch is pretty awesome.

Probably feels better to them than being Texas Tech's bitch.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 5/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, Jkwellborn said:

One guy is the hammer the other becomes the nail. If you can see eyes, truck stick. If he's coming in head down, ole! I watched Timmy Tebow do it to middle linebackers that had weight on em. 

Yancy has him ready. It's football.

Podcast if you are interested... Dave Campbell's Texas FB

PODCAST ALERT

The Republic of Football is BACK!
@IshmaelRJohnson  and I dish on why Sam Ehlinger was a natural pick for the cover, our favorite interviews from the preview sections and who we think could be on the cover in 2019. (link: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2019/06/05/we-re-back-in-depth-on-sam-ehlinger-and-the-2019-summer-magazine-%E2%80%93-episode-44-june-5-2019?ref=article_preview_img) texasfootball.com/article/2019/0…

4:47 PM · Jun 5, 2019 ·
Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Nice burn by Sam, but I'm pretty sure that Bryce Petty was the Baylor QB who hurdled Haines. The other time was Taysom Hill. 

There's too many to count, actually. I remember Quandre went on a twitter gif/video spree clowning Dylan about it 2 years ago.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

It was a while back. He was being a little bitch on twitter, though.

To be fair, guys I know who played with him said he was pretty much always a stuck up little bitch. He was just fortunate enough to be a walk on while our talent level was at an all time low. Guy was never good enough to play at a program like UT, otherwise.

50 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

To be fair, guys I know who played with him said he was pretty much always a stuck up little bitch. He was just fortunate enough to be a walk on while our talent level was at an all time low. Guy was never good enough to play at a program like UT, otherwise.

Sounds like he might fit right in, here. We could get some top shelf opinions about WRs with bad hands, and whatnot...

• Like 2

I can still hear Coach screaming "God DAMN It, Tex!! How many times I got to tell you? Don't look at his God DAMN face! Don't look at his God DAMN feet! Look at his God DAMN BEKT BUCKLE! Bury your God DAMN shoulder in his God DAMN Belt Buckle!!"