Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

who the fuck would want a full electric  Ford Mustang?

who the fuck drives a pick up and hauls stuff, but needs a button to back the truck up for you?

( 2 different Ford commercials during the Sugar bowl tonight)

Lolz, have some fucking dignity, people...

• Like 1

^^^ Lol, but sorry, many electric cars still ultimately derive their electricity from fossil fuel origins. If you aren’t zig zagging down the street in a sail powered Mustang you are part of the problem

Solar, wind make up a significant part of the energy grid. And, over a century ago people realized that centralized energy sources were more efficient than everyone having their own power source.
  • Like 1

I don't know why this one irks me so much, but my least favorite commercial going is the Coors Light golfing one that begins with cheerful music and the camera slowly planning up on someone golfing one-handed. So your initial reaction is, naturally, "Oh cool, an inspirational message about perseverance and overcoming adversity from someone who's had to learn how to play golf with one arm."

Nope, just a bunch of dude bros chunking up a golf course because they can't be bothered to put their shit beer down before a shot.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't know why this one irks me so much, but my least favorite commercial going is the Coors Light golfing one that begins with cheerful music and the camera slowly planning up on someone golfing one-handed. So your initial reaction is, naturally, "Oh cool, an inspirational message about perseverance and overcoming adversity from someone who's had to learn how to play golf with one arm."

Nope, just a bunch of dude bros chunking up a golf course because they can't be bothered to put their shit beer down before a shot.

I would murder every last one of them if I was playing behind them.

Every Coors ad seems to be targeted at weirdoes.

Surprisingly, just ok elevator guy's "I've seen this in a movie...it didn't turn out well for them" amuses me.  But they've only shown it 100 times so far, will probably get old in the next 100,000 airings.  Thank goodness football season is ending.

Edited by clapclapclap
Kinda like my posts....

On 12/22/2019 at 1:04 PM, Brisketexan said:

Lots of stupid people think that having wealth means you have great merit in whatever you do. So the richer you act, the better you must be. I ain’t saying that’s correct at all - I’m just telling you how a lot of American consumers think.

fify

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Jennifer Garner needs to fuck off and never return. 

Here's a pro tip: if you mute the commercials, she looks pretty fucking hot. And by the way, she has joined the ranks of women who have gotten better as they have gotten older, along with Julia Louis-Dreyfuss and Mary Steenburgen.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 10:38 PM, Eskimohorn said:

over a century ago people realized that centralized energy sources were more efficient than everyone having their own power source.

Note that with the increases in efficiency of home solar, and the distribution of wind power networks, this is no longer consistently true. Many rural areas lose a significant percentage of "power" due to grid transmission losses, so a less efficient energy source located nearby can still result in better system efficiency due to far lower transmission losses.

https://theconversation.com/we-calculated-emissions-due-to-electricity-loss-on-the-power-grid-globally-its-a-lot-128296

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Of all of AT&T's shittastic Just OK is NOT OK commercials, I think this one is the worst:

Seriously, who the fuck at AT&T would think that's a good commercial?

I was just saying to my kid, who seems to have an encyclopedic memory of commercials, how stupid these ads are. Occasionally some of them are slightly entertaining. But if you would ask me at any point in the day who runs the just ok is not ok ads, I probably would have guessed Geico or Progressive. Maybe Verizon. In no way whatsoever do I associate that spot and tag line with ATT. Maybe I'm just old enough that I've tuned out the actual sponsors. But I'm not that old. How in any way is this good advertising for ATT?

• Like 1

Amazon Prime Grocery commercial with random Chuck Berry song, freeze framed carefullly selected PC stereotype hipsters sitting at a table rejoicing in salet... I didn't think it was possible for anything to make me want to instantly turn off Chuck Berry.

• Like 2