Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

2 hours ago, woohorn said:
4 hours ago, elfenix said:
the arby's ad with the blurred out chicken sandwich is pretty funny

What is the old sandwich they cancelled?

per youtube: turkey avocado sandwich.

also per youtube: what's with the japanese sandwich?

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 6:33 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

just saw my first copper MASK commercial.....   all the other copper stuff is annoying as hell, but this fucking one is just rage inducing

what in the fuck is copper going to solve in my mask?        at least they could have made it 4 masks for $20 or something.

The only thing copper does is reduce odor, so it may actually be slightly beneficial in that application. Otherwise it's completely useless.

These fucking commercials on YouTube are insanely annoying.

I'm working at my desk, with Beethoven playing on the YouTube in the background, and now pops up a commercial. This one from LifeBoatFood. 

"I'm a dad, and I like food. There are nine squares of great food for when the apocalypse finally comes and you are stuck in your car". 

• Like 1

This presumably only resonates with people who also own children of the "plop them in front of the Cartoon Network all day" age, but there's a Frosted Flakes commercial that begins with kids cheering "bring out the ti-ger!" and a Fruity Pebbles commercial that just goes "yabba dabba doo, maaaaan!" over and over and I hate these commercials so much that it makes me second guess our decision to procreate. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
Fuck 'em in the goatass.
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 2:13 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

These fucking commercials on YouTube are insanely annoying.

I'm working at my desk, with Beethoven playing on the YouTube in the background, and now pops up a commercial. This one from LifeBoatFood. 

"I'm a dad, and I like food. There are nine squares of great food for when the apocalypse finally comes and you are stuck in your car". 

My browser's ad blocker seems to be nuking them, I guess. I've only see ads when somebody posts them through fecebook.

On the radio, Babble is going to teach you Spanish in a new way, so that you might engage  confidently in conversations with native Spanish speakers.  The spot ends with the customer saying, "Dos cervezas, por favor!"

Even white people from Vermont already know how to say that shit.  That's the crowning achievement of your course, Chief?

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:59 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

just gonna post this fucker

which I was subjected to watching when I was watching the Smithsonian Channel 

I've never even opened the thread, but felt an obligation to post this atrocity...deleting it from the quote because nobody needs to see that shit (sorry not sorry, Vic). It is vomit inducing and I see it on just about every media platform. You can pry fat shaming from my cold, dead, non-obese hands.

Obesity is unhealthy and it’s not “fat shaming” to admit it. It shouldn’t be celebrated as a positive thing which is what this commercial does. It’s a national epidemic that we now have to pretend isn’t real because we don’t want to be accused of “hate” or fat shaming.
That commercial not only chooses an obviously morbidly obese young lady but chooses to make a clown of her, putting her in underwear and having her gyrate and thrust seemingly to maximize the motion of her rolls of fat. Reminds me of Chris Farley as a Chippendale dancer or any of dozens of Homer Simpson gags where he’s being laughed at for his obesity. In this case her rolls of flab are portrayed as positive.

It’s an offensive commercial that sends a bad message.

13 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Reminds me of Chris Farley as a Chippendale dancer or any of dozens of Homer Simpson gags where he’s being laughed at for his obesity.

I think it should be a sad state of affairs for a young lady that she’s less hot to heterosexuals than either of these. Hell might as well throw in Guy Fieri. But keep main lining that ice cream sister 

5 hours ago, DougO said:

Progressive's loser sign spinner guy makes me almost yearn for Flo.

I wonder how that guy got this far. At no point did anyone say "dude you're weird looking as fuck and you have no chin.. maybe look for a job in radio." ?

Edited by NorthLoop

38 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

This may have been discussed, but it's been bugging me for a long time.  Why the fuck is that guy calling Jake from State Farm at 3:00 in the morning?  

Because he really is having an affair with Jake, who just happens to be a State Farm agent. When the he asks Jake if "wow, you'd really do that for me?"...they really are having phone sex. The wife then comes down all bitchy about who the hell he's talking to at 3 in the morning (bc she's long suspected her husband might be gay and it's turned her into an miserable, sad, distrusting person) and when confronted by her, the husband and Jake give her their rehearsed lines about it being a innocent insurance call. 

That's why I believe he is calling Jake at 3 am, and I watch it from this view every time now.

• Like 3

^^^^ this. Not many people know this but “you’d really do that for me?” Was related to the caller’s request for a “rusty trombone.” That part of the commercial sadly became part of the cutting room floor because Statefarm feared (wrongly IMO) that middle America would be put off by thoughts of homosexual eroticism and analingus but mostly to keep the commercial under 30 seconds.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DougO said:

It's one of those "how the hell is this guy famous?" type deals.

Is he the current Lil Jon or Pit Bull?  Hip hop guy who middle America (at least the olds) vaguely knows is in music and finds unthreatening so they roll dump trucks full of money up to his door to have him shill everything from second tier cell phone plans to max pads until he loses all credibility in he music world?  

With regards to "Put in that work Devin?  Am I missing something clever about this commercial?  I'll admit I know nothing about him other than commercials, but it seems like a very uninspired, generic roll that literally anyone could have played.  Is he well know for being fastidious about his oral hygiene?  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...