Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 9/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, Lhorn said:

The ATT 5G commercial where the cute chick is answering questions from what looks like TJ Ford wearing a mask (no Katfid)..... unless I’m mistaken the punch line of the commercial seems to be that because he’s wearing a mask she can’t tell if he’s saying “big” or “bigger.” HILARIOUS

I don’t understand that commercial. The guy says “you should make a big deal”, she replies “bigger than this?”, and he goes “I said BIGGER”. Actually, you didn’t say bigger, you said big, but what is the fucking point anyway?

7 minutes ago, XYZ said:

I don’t understand that commercial. The guy says “you should make a big deal”, she replies “bigger than this?”, and he goes “I said BIGGER”. Actually, you didn’t say bigger, you said big, but what is the fucking point anyway?

She should say "bigger than these?" and then rip her shirt open.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

"Hey! Great new Buick!"

"It's not a Buick, it's an Alexa!"

"No, I'm pretty sure this is a Buick."

"Na uh, it's an Alexa!"

a4e3ba56f366ab169044c6e8ffb7dd91.jpg

whatever it is i hope it explodes with the two of you in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that one is pretty terrible.

the thing about that commercial that's interesting to me is that the "becoming you parents" bit has been running for at least a couple years now (right?), and i've never liked them before. but the lead actor kills it in this version, and the script seems to be improved as well. pretty rare that an ad campaign which irks me ends up eventually hitting a HR.

On 10/24/2020 at 7:49 PM, shadow_operative said:

the thing about that commercial that's interesting to me is that the "becoming you parents" bit has been running for at least a couple years now (right?), and i've never liked them before. but the lead actor kills it in this version, and the script seems to be improved as well. pretty rare that an ad campaign which irks me ends up eventually hitting a HR.

Those commercials hit hard. 

"who else reads books about submarines?" ... "my dad" ... 

que my wife looking at me.... Me: "BITCH YOU BOUGHT ME THAT BOOK!" 

7 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Am I a rube or is the Allstate French lady singing with goldfish on the hood of a car annoying?  WTF is that annoying song?  The French national anthem?  

You're a rube because you didn't recognize it from the movie Inception.  It's called Non, je ne regrette rien by Edith Piaf.  

(Kidding about the rube part.)

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/24/2020 at 5:54 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

This still cracks me the fuck up every time I see it. 

I can't help but also blurt out "blue" along with that guy.  My family is quite tired of how funny I find this specific part of this commercial. 

20201024_175042.jpg

I love this one, and the other one with the lady with the pillow problem.  The wife has a bit of an issue with that as well and does not find it nearly as funny as I do

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

This goddamn Snoop Dogg and Bad Bunny corona commercial is such a fucking beating.  "It's not playa', its PLAYA!". 

It's so hilariously bad. So stilted and awkward. Like they're both having conversations with someone else, or have no idea what the other person is saying.

The clunkiness reminds me of that thing comedy trailers will do: take two shots from completely separate scenes and edit them together as if they are from the same scene in order to manufacture a cheap laugh.

This still cracks me the fuck up every time I see it. 
I can't help but also blurt out "blue" along with that guy.  My family is quite tired of how funny I find this specific part of this commercial. 

20201024_175042.thumb.jpg.10cec3d74b7d4074a97986be7bb8cf71.jpg

The best commercials going right now. I also like the “you hired him” from the other commercial.

I agree completely. My first impulse with ad campaigns like this is to hate them and that they typically beat the premise into the ground (are you listening Statefarm, Aaron Rodgers and the more inclusive version of Jake) but this one has gotten better. Last couple of versions were pretty humorous.

I’m currently hating the Gillette commercial where the dude with hair like Sideshow Bob is mugging into the mirror, rubbing his face as the commercial repeatedly plays “ready or not, here I come.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I agree completely. My first impulse with ad campaigns like this is to hate them and that they typically beat the premise into the ground (are you listening Statefarm, Aaron Rodgers and the more inclusive version of Jake) but this one has gotten better. Last couple of versions were pretty humorous.

I’m currently hating the Gillette commercial where the dude with hair like Sideshow Bob is mugging into the mirror, rubbing his face as the commercial repeatedly plays “ready or not, here I come.”

I actively root against Aaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes now because of State Farm...oh and did you know Mahomes likes ketchup?!?! Hilarious!!!

No, its not 

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

I want to murder everyone in the new Sonic ads. And not in a quiet, efficient manner. Something passionate and drawn out so they know why it's happening.

popeyes is doing something similar as well. terrible trend that needs to die. they're the new "real people/not actors" commercials. 

i liked how Chevy or whoever it was upped their game last year and had Dad bring home *two* brand new $50-$70k vehicles only to have his wife decide that she wants the truck for herself, whereupon he gives her the "Oh you!" face. i'm sure a huuuuge portion of the viewing audience can relate to that situation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1