Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 12/28/2020 at 9:40 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm pretty sure that the conspicuously non-speaking actors in the background of the Ice-T vehicle warranty commercial are the same conspicuously non-speaking actors from every crowd scene in Schitt's Creek. 

He’s come a long way since his role as the hip-hop rapper in the first Breakin’ movie.

"No Regrets" is fine music and Piaf awesome.  Combining those with wobbly Jello and Fuzzy slippers on car tops every. fucking. five. minutes. since football started in September makes me hate all music and everything French, at least until my madness and rage slowly abate.  Zut, alors!

• Rage+1 1

For those like me that have been watching a lot of bowl season.  Each commercial break:

Edit Piaf - Seen it several hundred times now.

Fatass Lilly - And now there's a couple of new commercials; not even Gadot can save the day.

Something woke - No CR.

Yet another reminder of COVID - Most watch tv to forget about the real world.

Taco Bell Steve - Maybe a little more Sarah Hyland?

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

The Capital One douche with the blue suit with no tie cool-guy look. Dude needs a baseball bat to the face. 

First time I saw those ads with the "Capital One Cafe", I thought it was one of those Energizer ads, where the bunny would show up out of nowhere. Who wants to spend time in the fucking bank? I try to go as little as possible, I don't want to hang out and buy drinks there.

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

First time I saw those ads with the "Capital One Cafe", I thought it was one of those Energizer ads, where the bunny would show up out of nowhere. Who wants to spend time in the fucking bank? I try to go as little as possible, I don't want to hang out and buy drinks there.

But they have this cool app that let's you check your balance and transfer money.  No other bank has that.

23 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

+1  

"We all see it.  We all see it."

I've seen a couple new ones in the last couple days and they are all good. Dr Rick throwing useless shit in the trash really makes me laugh.  For some reason the wife doesn't laugh at those. Probably because she buys tons of useless shit

• Haha 2

I've seen a couple new ones in the last couple days and they are all good. Dr Rick throwing useless shit in the trash really makes me laugh.  For some reason the wife doesn't laugh at those. Probably because she buys tons of useless shit

In the new one, nice touch with the crowd member holding up their ipad to take photos.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Sandman said:

To me, the amazing thing was that they came out with that ad campaign on the heels of the Wells Fargo scandal(s).  People were terrified of getting ripped off by their bank and their solution was a douchey MBA-type telling us that we can get coffee at their bank?

46 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

"We're using speakerphone in a store.  Is this a good idea?" 

That is both of my inlaws to a T.

My wife was using speaker in HEB the other day.  I just said really loudly, "I had a biiiig lunch, so I'm just having a snack for dinner," and she hung up the phone and said, "Point made."

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2